GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Lexus adaptive dampers

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-17, 04:41 PM
aginnt
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lexus adaptive dampers

Has anyone attempted to acquire and install Lexus's adaptive damper system for later Lexus models or similar aftermarket options?
Old 07-26-17, 08:45 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

At first when I read your post, I thought who the heck would want to do this? Then thinking a little, it is a pretty good question for the only change between a MY16 and 17 if I am not mistaken is the adaptive suspension so the question I believe you are seeking to answer is is your route cheaper than the $10K+ price difference for a MY17 if in fact the only difference is the suspension?
Old 07-26-17, 09:38 AM
aginnt
Driver

You are right on point.
Old 07-26-17, 11:08 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

The question is well above my paygrade to answer so hopefully one of the more knowledgeable people will lend some input. You might also want to post this out on the RCF board for there are more of them out there than GSF's currently.

Last edited by mr2dave; 07-26-17 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-01-17, 04:26 PM
aginnt
Driver

I got the information from my Lexus dealer. To remove the technical jargon, it would cost ~$10K to get all of the parts and install it. It isn't as easy as plug and play. Apparently, the installation requires replacing several ECUs not related to the dampers to make it all work.
Old 08-01-17, 07:06 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Originally Posted by aginnt
I got the information from my Lexus dealer. To remove the technical jargon, it would cost ~$10K to get all of the parts and install it. It isn't as easy as plug and play. Apparently, the installation requires replacing several ECUs not related to the dampers to make it all work.
Makes sense.

Another option to potentially explore if you want to stay stock is to find out where the RCF's that are getting totalled out by insurance are going and piecemeal something over time. I know I have seen a couple pictures of totalled RCF's and while some rolled and must have hit a curve and sustained heavy suspension damage; I have seen a few that were either rear ended, or they rearended someone and I would think those suspension parts with misc. ECU's and such would be good and still young as far as mileage. Someone will have to confirm if the RCF and GSF variable suspension components are interchangeable if you go that route.

Another option is there is always a few that will buy a MY17 GSF or RCF and drive it right to their friendly drop shop and have coilovers installed or bagged with a custom rim and tire setup.
Old 08-02-17, 11:40 AM
aginnt
Driver

Originally Posted by mr2dave
Makes sense.

Another option to potentially explore if you want to stay stock is to find out where the RCF's that are getting totalled out by insurance are going and piecemeal something over time. I know I have seen a couple pictures of totalled RCF's and while some rolled and must have hit a curve and sustained heavy suspension damage; I have seen a few that were either rear ended, or they rearended someone and I would think those suspension parts with misc. ECU's and such would be good and still young as far as mileage. Someone will have to confirm if the RCF and GSF variable suspension components are interchangeable if you go that route.

Another option is there is always a few that will buy a MY17 GSF or RCF and drive it right to their friendly drop shop and have coilovers installed or bagged with a custom rim and tire setup.
Good idea!