Search this Thread

Old 12-08-19, 08:02 AM
1wacko
Intermediate

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

attached is the Lexus remote engine starter guide
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LEXUS REMOTE ENGINE STARTER.pdf (574.5 KB, 483 views)
Old 12-05-20, 06:24 PM
AtomsilGSF
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Bringing this back from the dead. Has anyone experienced remote start using the key fob not working after having the car battery replaced? It was working fine prior to the 25k service where they replaced my battery. Now when I try to remote start using my key fob, car won’t turn on.
Old 12-07-20, 10:35 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 877 Likes on 661 Posts

Are you using the new "Lexus" app (Black icon w/silver logo) or the original "Lexus Enform Remote Start" app (blue with four (4) password fields)?
Be sure to use only the new app and then, 1) does the app start the car? If not, 2) does it display current miles and fuel level information?
We are checking on the communication between the car, Lexus and your device.
OP, have you been routinely using the fob all summer or is this failed attempt the first time this season?
Old 12-07-20, 01:20 PM
AtomsilGSF
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mcomer
Are you using the new "Lexus" app (Black icon w/silver logo) or the original "Lexus Enform Remote Start" app (blue with four (4) password fields)?
Be sure to use only the new app and then, 1) does the app start the car? If not, 2) does it display current miles and fuel level information?
We are checking on the communication between the car, Lexus and your device.
OP, have you been routinely using the fob all summer or is this failed attempt the first time this season?
I don’t have enform nor have I ever used the app to start my car. I’ve owned the car for a couple of months and have had no issue prior to the last service that was completed two weeks ago.
Old 12-07-20, 08:43 PM
1wacko
Intermediate

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomsilGSF
Bringing this back from the dead. Has anyone experienced remote start using the key fob not working after having the car battery replaced? It was working fine prior to the 25k service where they replaced my battery. Now when I try to remote start using my key fob, car won’t turn on.
Maybe it requires the dealer to reprogramme the option back to key fob. I would suggest to check with them on this issue.
Old 12-07-20, 10:31 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,072 Likes on 2,468 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomsilGSF
I don’t have enform nor have I ever used the app to start my car. I’ve owned the car for a couple of months and have had no issue prior to the last service that was completed two weeks ago.
The remote start only works if Enform has been enabled at some point. It has never worked on the wife's car because we never registered for Enform. Sounds like the previous owner had it, and either it expired, or it got terminated after you bought it. Considering how lackadaisical some dealerships are about Enform registration and deregistration it wouldn't surprise me at all if that's what happened to your car.
Old 12-09-20, 01:45 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The remote start only works if Enform has been enabled at some point. It has never worked on the wife's car because we never registered for Enform. Sounds like the previous owner had it, and either it expired, or it got terminated after you bought it. Considering how lackadaisical some dealerships are about Enform registration and deregistration it wouldn't surprise me at all if that's what happened to your car.
I'm guessing this applies to US market cars right?
Old 12-09-20, 04:47 AM
Lurker9
Pole Position

Received 99 Likes on 41 Posts

Some markets don't have Enform up until the last couple of years. Is there a way to "hack" this?
Old 12-09-20, 08:00 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 782 Likes on 485 Posts

I can only speak on my wife's NX because we went through the same thing, and I am sure after the year free of enform on my 2020 rcf I'll go the same route. After the free year for her, the fob no longer remoted started the car. I'm not paying for a subscription service to remote start the car. That's ridic. I went to 12v solutions and ordered their remote starter for her NX. Install was 100% plug and play and no splicing of any wires. I caught the sale around this time a year or two ago, so it wasn't bad. Install took about an hour (when I did her friends NX with the same kit, it only took me 25-30 minutes). Retains all OEM features via remoting starting with the FOB.

I think it's silly that we pay all this money and the technology is in the vehicle already to be able to remote start the car, yet they want a subscription service for it. Seems really asinine to me when a $20k Honda civic has it with no issues.

I'd have to dig up some pictures that I posted a couple years back on the NX thread but if I recall it was a Directed control module. But the wiring harness was nicely done and everything was plug and play. Took 30 seconds to program to the car and then it's worked since. If you want to be able to use your phone then you could have to get Drone Mobile or something like that. I don't care for any of that. I just want to be able to remote start the car with the fob.

-Nigel
Old 12-09-20, 02:50 PM
Lurker9
Pole Position

Received 99 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks, I went to their website and found the kit for the GS350. They have the app option beside the OEM FOB one.
It's about $300. I am waiting to find out if it works in the Canadian model (probably should find out if it works in the GS F as well)

Originally Posted by nigel821
I can only speak on my wife's NX because we went through the same thing, and I am sure after the year free of enform on my 2020 rcf I'll go the same route. After the free year for her, the fob no longer remoted started the car. I'm not paying for a subscription service to remote start the car. That's ridic. I went to 12v solutions and ordered their remote starter for her NX. Install was 100% plug and play and no splicing of any wires. I caught the sale around this time a year or two ago, so it wasn't bad. Install took about an hour (when I did her friends NX with the same kit, it only took me 25-30 minutes). Retains all OEM features via remoting starting with the FOB.

I think it's silly that we pay all this money and the technology is in the vehicle already to be able to remote start the car, yet they want a subscription service for it. Seems really asinine to me when a $20k Honda civic has it with no issues.

I'd have to dig up some pictures that I posted a couple years back on the NX thread but if I recall it was a Directed control module. But the wiring harness was nicely done and everything was plug and play. Took 30 seconds to program to the car and then it's worked since. If you want to be able to use your phone then you could have to get Drone Mobile or something like that. I don't care for any of that. I just want to be able to remote start the car with the fob.

-Nigel
Old 01-04-21, 06:31 AM
Damon323
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I joined this forum just to reply to you. So I was curious, my 2016 RX450h remote starts without any subscription to Enform. I didn’t even buy it from a Lexus dealership. My wife’s 2015 IS250 does not. How do I get it working on her’s??
Old 01-04-21, 10:18 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,072 Likes on 2,468 Posts

Originally Posted by Damon323
I joined this forum just to reply to you. So I was curious, my 2016 RX450h remote starts without any subscription to Enform. I didn’t even buy it from a Lexus dealership. My wife’s 2015 IS250 does not. How do I get it working on her’s??
I really don't know. I don't have a 3IS to know what they did for remote start on them. You might have more success asking in the 3IS forum, I'd bet there have been members with remote start issues/questions on their cars.
Old 01-05-21, 05:20 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Damon323
12voltsolutions makes a plug and play kit check it out
Old 01-05-21, 11:24 PM
designo
Pole Position

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by Lurker9
Some markets don't have Enform up until the last couple of years. Is there a way to "hack" this?
I am in the Middle East and we have no such system called Enform. Our cars come standard from factory with this feature.
So it's definitely possible.