GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

TSB For brake pads squeak

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-17, 08:09 AM
gsfdream
Driver

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts
Default TSB For brake pads squeak

Today i took my GSF to the dealer to get the optional pads put on that should (hopefully) get rid of the noise from the brakes when braking.
I bought the car 3 weeks ago it has just under 9000 miles. The Service department have me a hard time telling me there is no recall or service bulletin on the brakes.
So i emailed my sales man since i just got the car and have not done the buying experience eval yet, and told him i know there is a tsb for the pads and the trouble i got from service people. He talked to the head of service department and they called me back ordered the pads and got the car in today to get it done.
I will pick it up late tonight and will let you guys know how it went.
Old 08-25-17, 09:55 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,940 Likes on 1,366 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-on-the-f.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ke-squeal.html

Lou
Old 08-25-17, 11:29 AM
gsfdream
Driver

hopefully i dont have any of those issues
Old 08-25-17, 01:52 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Well, from what I've read on this forum, everyone who has replaced their pads with the TSB less noisy and dusty ones, has noticed diminished performance. IMHO, the only really good pads are in the aftermarket. Either Project Mu or Ferodo.

Lou
Old 08-25-17, 04:13 PM
danwlee
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^Well, from what I've read on this forum, everyone who has replaced their pads with the TSB less noisy and dusty ones, has noticed diminished performance. IMHO, the only really good pads are in the aftermarket. Either Project Mu or Ferodo.

Lou
^^This. I have a friend with an RCF that did the TSB replace and now says that he should have just dealt with the noise.

Every time mine starts squeeking, it's a signal for me to wash them wheels and brakes.
Old 08-28-17, 09:01 AM
gsfdream
Driver

Originally Posted by flowrider

Lou
i have had the car with the new pads now 4 days now and there is absolutely zero noise now which is so ****en nice. I hatted stopping in front of people and they look at this nice car that sounds like its broken. Now no noise.
As far as how is the stopping been affected?
Honestly for the street driving that i do i cannot tell much of a difference. There might be just a little less bite when you first apply the brakes but other then that it stops just as good and on the street you will never notice.
Old 08-28-17, 09:23 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Glad you happy with 'em

Lou
Old 08-29-17, 12:22 PM
GSFdreamz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do we find a TSB for this? My dealer is giving me all kinds of **** for the same issue...
Old 08-29-17, 12:24 PM
GSFdreamz
Driver School Candidate

Default brakes

Originally Posted by gsfdream
i have had the car with the new pads now 4 days now and there is absolutely zero noise now which is so ****en nice. I hatted stopping in front of people and they look at this nice car that sounds like its broken. Now no noise.
As far as how is the stopping been affected?
Honestly for the street driving that i do i cannot tell much of a difference. There might be just a little less bite when you first apply the brakes but other then that it stops just as good and on the street you will never notice.
I am having the same issue and my dealer is refusing to acknowledge the issue and just keeps telling me that there is no resolution...If you can help me with TSB or anything really
Old 08-29-17, 12:49 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by GSFdreamz
I am having the same issue and my dealer is refusing to acknowledge the issue and just keeps telling me that there is no resolution...If you can help me with TSB or anything really
I pulled this from another member's post:

'L-SB-0013-16 is the brake pad LSB for the GSF'
Old 08-30-17, 07:43 AM
gsfdream
Driver

ill check the paperwork they gave me when i get home late tonight and i will update you on it.
Old 09-03-17, 09:38 PM
jonez
Pit Crew

Received 103 Likes on 59 Posts

Sux that your dealership is giving you problems, sounds like blatant failure at caring to provide acceptable service and I would write a letter to Lexus.

Here's how your experience should have been (mine below):

I called my dealership and told them the brakes were sqeaking loudly intermittently and causing excessive break dust and I wanted them replaced under the TSB for them. I didn't have the number so they simply searched and found the TSB. They didn't have the new pads in stock so they ordered them next day shipping. Two days later my car was in to get the pads replaced free of charge.

They had to give a disclaimer about braking performance which I signed. Love the new pads, less aggressive braking but silent and significantly less dust.

ill be back home tomorrow evening and will look up the service notes.
Old 09-04-17, 07:44 AM
gsfdream
Driver

on my paper work it LSB 0013-16 BR1602-36/83
Old 01-21-20, 05:15 PM
drobick
Driver School Candidate

Thanks to all that went through this over the last couple years and pointed out the documentation.

I went to my Lexus dealership here and they of course refused service. They said my pads were too worn down and that they would not be able to replace under warranty, even though I provided them the LSB and even though the LSB doesn't specify wear as a warranty condition . They told me to call Lexus corporate and see if I could get them to authorize a replacement.

Called Lexus corporate and was assigned a Case Manager. She is telling me that there is no "Campaign" based on my VIN that supports any warranty replacement for my brakes. She acknowledge that the LSB existed, but that it didn't apply to my car (2016 GS F) as my VIN was not associated with any campaigns.

Is this typical with Lexus service? This is my first and potentially last Lexus that I will ever own. I've heard great things about Lexus, but so far, I've had 2 computer glitches (never repaired) and now a refusal of service for a documented LSB/TSB. Not impressed whatsoever.

Anyone else get completely refused on this? Anyone with suggestions on a course of action?

Thanks all!

Mike
Old 01-21-20, 05:54 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^I'm confused Are you saying that you want to replace worn pads with new ones under warranty The TSB was written for folks with serviceable pads that made a noise they were not happy with, not worn pads.

Lou

Quick Reply: TSB For brake pads squeak