Helps with Keeping Rims/Calipers Clean

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-18, 06:49 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Helps with Keeping Rims/Calipers Clean

All,

I saw this from another post so I figured I would give it a shot being the brake dust on the GSF on a good dry day is bad and I must say, this stuff really helps. Now this stuff does not keep your rims sparkling, but it makes them look not as dirty bigtime if that makes any sense. Also, those of you that have the orange calipers, it really keeps them looking clean (cleaner than the rim).

I have no skin in this but I would suggest giving a can a shot and give feedback if it vastly improves the appearance or if I am just getting old. For me, I am not washing my car near as much due to the wheels and brake dust now.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 01-12-18 at 06:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Chaos236 (02-04-18)
Old 01-10-18, 07:11 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

The break dust on my GSF is so excessive, that my entire damn car is covered with break dust. I mean it seems someone spray painted over my white car.

I may have to do ceramic coating on my wheels and my enteir car cause im sick of the break dust. Never experienced a car with this amount of break dust.

Last edited by finny76; 01-13-18 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Typo ;)
Old 01-12-18, 06:24 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,962 Likes on 2,400 Posts

What broke to cause break dust on your brakes?
Old 01-12-18, 08:07 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts

I dont think anything is broken, its just how they are.
Old 01-12-18, 09:44 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,897 Likes on 1,338 Posts

^^^^My friend, you missed Lance's humor - Think - break vs brake

After every drive I wipe my wheels down with an old sock.

Lou
Attached Thumbnails Helps with Keeping Rims/Calipers Clean-tinygrab-screen-shot-1-12-18-10.43.33-pm.png  
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (01-13-18)
Old 01-13-18, 09:29 AM
jonez
Pit Crew

Received 103 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by mr2dave
All,

I saw this from another post so I figured I would give it a shot being the brake dust on the GSF on a good dry day is bad and I must say, this stuff really helps. Now this stuff does not keep your rims sparkling, but it makes them look not as dirty bigtime if that makes any sense. Also, those of you that have the orange calipers, it really keeps them looking clean (cleaner than the rim).

I have no skin in this but I would suggest giving a can a shot and give feedback if it vastly improves the appearance or if I am just getting old. For me, I am not washing my car near as much due to the wheels and brake dust now.
I could have used this before when I had the stock brakes on. If i was in stop and go traffic after cleaning my wheels, there was fresh film of dust all over them. I hated having to constantly clean my wheels.

My brakes were squeaking a lot too though so I got them replaced for free for through a TSB with the alternate pads, which significantly reduced the dust. My wheels now stay clean for so much longer and I only need to clean them once every few washes. The braking power isn't as strong with the alternates but to be honest it still brakes fine and is well worth the peace of mind of not having to constantly clean my wheels.
Old 01-13-18, 12:24 PM
anbark22
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jonez
I could have used this before when I had the stock brakes on. If i was in stop and go traffic after cleaning my wheels, there was fresh film of dust all over them. I hated having to constantly clean my wheels.

My brakes were squeaking a lot too though so I got them replaced for free for through a TSB with the alternate pads, which significantly reduced the dust. My wheels now stay clean for so much longer and I only need to clean them once every few washes. The braking power isn't as strong with the alternates but to be honest it still brakes fine and is well worth the peace of mind of not having to constantly clean my wheels.
Can you please share with us the TSB? I just recently got my car and really excited about it and want to do everything I can to keep it updated.
Thanks
Old 01-13-18, 01:25 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,897 Likes on 1,338 Posts

^^^^See this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ds-squeak.html

And, IMHO, the TSB is a downgrade, NOT an update.

Lou
Old 01-13-18, 06:53 PM
anbark22
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^See this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ds-squeak.html

And, IMHO, the TSB is a downgrade, NOT an update.

Lou
OK.. Got it. I'll take that under advisement. I'm not having any brake issues at present but I just got the car about a week or so ago.
Thank you,
Old 01-14-18, 05:22 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^My friend, you missed Lance's humor - Think - break vs brake

After every drive I wipe my wheels down with an old sock.

Lou
Lou - like you, I was doing the sock thing before finding and trying this stuff. Again this product does not keep the wheels sparkling, just looking a hell of a lot better (in my opinion) than nothing.
Old 01-15-18, 12:35 AM
RC51TOFUMA
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mr2dave
All,

It leaves a light film on the rims once it dries
I stopped using it. I just do a light wash on my wheels every 2 weeks
Old 01-15-18, 03:45 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RC51TOFUMA
It leaves a light film on the rims once it dries
I stopped using it. I just do a light wash on my wheels every 2 weeks
I agree on the film but compared to the abundant brake residue, I think it's a better alternative. .

Last edited by mr2dave; 01-20-18 at 08:45 AM.
Old 01-15-18, 04:52 PM
anbark22
Pit Crew

Check out this video / review
Old 01-15-18, 04:55 PM
anbark22
Pit Crew

My current 2015 GS350 F-Sport (that I am in the process of selling) generates at least twice as much brake dust as my 2016 GSF. Maybe even 3 times as much.
Old 01-15-18, 05:22 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,962 Likes on 2,400 Posts

The Corvette guy has General tires on his car. I have no idea why he doesn't just buy some low dust pads as General is not known for ultimate performance.

Quick Reply: Helps with Keeping Rims/Calipers Clean