GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

FINALLY!, Purchased a GSF!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-18 | 06:11 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Default FINALLY!, Purchased a GSF!

Good Morning everyone, my GSF is a little over a week old. I am very excited to be back in a four door and being a GSF! I am very pleased that coming from ISF & RCF that my baby boys and people in general can fit in back along with all the other reasons that we find the GSF enjoyable. A little history; I am a huge Lexus fanatic in respect to reliability, consistent performance, looks, etc., great staff relationship and the way they manage good and bad situations is remarkable. I have had the Is250, IS350 Fsport, ISF, Gs350 Fsport, now GSF, RCF, and also now a RX350 Fsport for the wife. Needless to say Lexus is my brand. Also the way they have treated my family and friends over the last 8 years since I first purchase my Lexus keeps me with the brand.
I was about to purchase a GTR after new year and the dealer / extended warranty company and lack of engagement in my concerns I could not make the switch. (I had many questions and they weren't very interested to provide the feedback I felt I should have gotten. This made me very concerned at their ability to handle a situation of breakdown or issue properly. Not the same as I have been spoiled nor use to at the Lexus dealer. Yes, if I was purely purchasing the car for its performance and history which I "thought" I bought into mentally, but I suppose I really didnt, I could have looked past.) I thought I needed more and more performance but without warranty, dealer assurance during breakdown, and other necessities excessive performance began to go lower and lower on my list. I also cross shopped used CTSV at Parkway, C63s at AMG woodlands, and they had a unique appeal and awesome performance in their own way but either warranty with consideration of exhaust and intake as spoken over with service departments for both would pose issues I never ran into at my local Lexus dealers so that quickly opted me out of those options. (For me reliability and/or the ability for the particular brand to professionally handle a breakdown is a major factor for me.) The reality after sitting in the spacious GSF made me right at home, excellent performance, space, comfort, appeal, large screen I utilize for babies to watch TV is perfect and happy for the decision I made.

I have recently done the mods so far below:
RR Road & Track coilovers
Multistage paint correction and CQUARTZ
SUNTEK PPFC Ultra Full front, rockers, rear bumper, and lower doors.

More mods on the way as the GSF is a little over a week old.
Attached Thumbnails FINALLY!, Purchased a GSF!-20180112_121608.jpg   FINALLY!, Purchased a GSF!-20180112_121620.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
corpnupe85 (01-20-18)
Old 01-17-18 | 06:40 AM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Congrats!! Did you have enough time to compare the stock suspension vs the RR coils? Whats mods do you have planned? I agree with your words. I crossed shopped many performance cars and they fell short. I am also a big Lexus fan. IS300,2 ISFs and now the GSF. The IS300 was supposed to be the daily but the GSF is so fun to drive I can't stop lol.
Old 01-17-18 | 06:47 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Stock is actually quite good to be honest. The car was so much I hoped for I want even in a big rush to mod with my busy schedule, (which is an absurd feeling to have being a car guy / my wife pushed me just to get coils on lol). Factory suspension is very well balanced in comparison to ISF and RCF. ISF was harsh / hard stock and RCF felt loamy. GSF was an exceptional balance. I know the chassis is different but taking the RCF coil overs straight to GSF with GSF being slightly heavier the chassis feels sooo good! I am not saying its a racecar, etc. Im saying for road and spirited driving its very good.
Old 01-17-18 | 06:55 AM
13FSPORT
Lead Lap

Looks great.
Old 01-17-18 | 07:12 AM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Congrats on you purchase, love the color combination and new stance. Enjoy her.
Old 01-17-18 | 07:45 AM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Congratulations! Looks great in atomic silver. What model year did you purchase ?

Feel free to post photos when those mods roll in : )
Old 01-17-18 | 10:28 AM
JDM-V8FL
Driver

Congratulations,
Old 01-17-18 | 10:37 AM
Htowncory
Rookie

Congrats fellow Houstonite.
What year is yours?

Ive never heard of RR road and track coilovers.
Old 01-17-18 | 10:39 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

beautiful color, congrats!
Old 01-17-18 | 11:27 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Welcome to the GSF world Shaun

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 01-17-18 | 01:55 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Welcome to the GSF world Shaun

-Josh
Congrats and welcome.
Old 01-17-18 | 02:06 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Congrats, love that colour.
Old 01-17-18 | 02:34 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Htowncory
Congrats fellow Houstonite.
What year is yours?

Ive never heard of RR road and track coilovers.
http://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-R...isxfsu0001.htm.

You should check out their catalog if you haven't, they're huge in the aftermarket Lexus community if you've never heard of them..

http://www.rr-racing.com/category-s/204.htm
Old 01-19-18 | 02:40 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Thanks Men! Hopefully in next few weeks Josh can hook me up with some parts as usual....but the wife is giving me hell about modding her car to (
Old 01-19-18 | 02:44 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
Congratulations! Looks great in atomic silver. What model year did you purchase ?

Feel free to post photos when those mods roll in : )
It is a 2016.

Quick Reply: FINALLY!, Purchased a GSF!