GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Lip kit opions

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-18 | 02:45 PM
naquin123
Pit Crew

Default Lip kit opions

hi everyone im looking into buying a lip kit for my gsf. Im looking at novel ,artisan spirits ,lexon and toms racing. Im interested in the carbon finish. So far im leaning towards the novel kit. Pls give me your opion. Thanks
Old 03-11-18 | 03:51 PM
SolidG1
Driver

Personally, I like the Sumeru lip and Tom's lip in carbon fiber. But I don't like the over hangs on Tom's lip; it doesn't flow with the car's bumper. Personal preference of course.

I do like Sumeru's rear diffuser over Tom's, but I don't like Sumeru's side skirts because I think it sticks out too much and it will eventually scrape when I parallel park. So maybe I'll just get a lip and diffuser instead.
Old 03-11-18 | 05:37 PM
hyboost
Pit Crew

I spent weeks going back and forth, looking at every picture on the web, instagram, etc. I had Toms on my ISF and loved it but not a fan of the little winglets on the GSF version so passed. Plus I thought the diffuser went up too high on the bumper with too much contrast on a white car. I almost ordered Lexon since it seemed subtle enough but diffuser killed it for me with the little add-on brake light built in. Ended up ordering Novel but a little concerned with how low the front lip goes so we will see. Might end up mixing and matching if this doesn’t work out, but I love the Novel center and side rear diffuser section of that kit.

Artisan may look good in carbon, although all pics posted are of the white car so who knows.

In my opinion, there isn’t a perfect complete kit. Each has a component that I’m not a fan of.
Old 03-12-18 | 08:00 AM
danwlee
Driver

There really aren't many options out there, but I went with the Novel. All just personal preference, of course..

Novel: The only one where the lines flow with the car and subtle enough to not scream "look at me, i want all of your attention" I wasn't particularly a big fan of the rear diffuser, but it is growing on me and really isn't too flashy.

Sumeru: Was my second choice, but after seeing it on some pics, i wasn't a particular fan of how far the rear diffuser sticks out and how far the rear side skirt flares out... like alot.

TOM's: I don't like the mini-flaps on the front/sideskirts nor the non-subtleness of the back diffuser.

Lexon: The front lip just doesn't flow with the lines of the car.

Artisan: I think the front looks classy, but the rear diffuser looks like someone cut a shoebox in half and stuck it on. The flaps on the sideskirt looks a little out of place too..

I'm a bit picky, but we're talking about spending multiple thousands of $$ on a lip kit.
Old 03-12-18 | 08:20 AM
hyboost
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by danwlee
There really aren't many options out there, but I went with the Novel. All just personal preference, of course..

Novel: The only one where the lines flow with the car and subtle enough to not scream "look at me, i want all of your attention" I wasn't particularly a big fan of the rear diffuser, but it is growing on me and really isn't too flashy.

Sumeru: Was my second choice, but after seeing it on some pics, i wasn't a particular fan of how far the rear diffuser sticks out and how far the rear side skirt flares out... like alot.

TOM's: I don't like the mini-flaps on the front/sideskirts nor the non-subtleness of the back diffuser.

Lexon: The front lip just doesn't flow with the lines of the car.

Artisan: I think the front looks classy, but the rear diffuser looks like someone cut a shoebox in half and stuck it on. The flaps on the sideskirt looks a little out of place too..

I'm a bit picky, but we're talking about spending multiple thousands of $$ on a lip kit.
Well summarized. I agree with all your points.
Any pics of your car with the Novel?
Old 03-12-18 | 08:20 AM
RobEQ
Driver School Candidate

For me it was between Tom's and Novel. I went with Tom's bc I really liked the rear diffuser.
Old 03-12-18 | 08:32 AM
danwlee
Driver

Originally Posted by hyboost
i would love to show you, but i'm waiting for the kit to arrive, haha. ETA mid-April.
Old 03-12-18 | 08:43 AM
RobEQ
Driver School Candidate

Check out biggame's car for the novel kit:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ke-2-a-10.html

Originally Posted by hyboost
Old 03-12-18 | 10:22 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

All great kits with different opinions! They all have very different pricing as well.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-12-18 | 04:20 PM
16GSF00336
Pole Position

Twins...Except I personel LOVE the TOMS CF Kit better overall...

Originally Posted by RobEQ
For me it was between Tom's and Novel. I went with Tom's bc I really liked the rear diffuser.