GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Is anyone annoyed with the design of 2019 ES350?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-18, 08:20 AM
jonez
Pit Crew

Received 103 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by baconRx
Its not just fsport cause im seen it on a non before which was actually the rare rwd model. All models they promote they show the premium headlights to begin with. RC, NX, RX. Pretty sure all are produced in cookie cutter trims with very few if any with the triple beam.
So it's an option you can order if you are not ordering through the website then. When you try to build a GS on the Lexus site, they only offer triple beams on F Sport. That option doesn't show for non-F Sport models.
Old 06-07-18, 08:26 AM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

its a lux package item too but they took that away for 2018. its weird they don't allow cold weather pack with fsport on rwd either but its an option with awd and lux packages
Old 07-02-18, 12:53 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by MasterWork
*put flame suit on...inhales deeply*

I personally love the fact that they redesigned the ES and for once it's something I wouldn't mind as a daily driver. They finally shed the senior citizen act and made it an appealing vehicle with luxury and a hint of edgy sport design.
The problem is it likely will act like every other ES they made in previous generations, so what's the point of being "Edgy" if it doesn't follow up on actually being capable.

It's not that the ES is a bad car either, and I think even the 17s look pretty nice. If you're simply interested in a loaf around commuting car to go from A to B... I'd love to have it as a 2nd car. But it ain't a GS. Nor will the 2018 be, either, despite its looks. It's FWD, it can't even pretend to drive like a GS.

Now that they kinda stole some of the GS styling for the new ES, I feel like Lexus kinda sold GS owners down the river, unless the intent is some entirely new styling down the road.

-Mike
Old 07-02-18, 07:54 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,010 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Lexus has mishandled the whole F thing IMHO. F Sport is a hollow cake. Looks nice, but where's the rest of it? The ES further confusing the styling and performance delineations just makes them live up to the bland moniker they've managed to hold for years despite the F cars and their significant improvements in competing with real performance vehicles. Those of us who bought an IS F years ago have been complaining about this for a long time. The more time passes, the harder it is to visually quickly identify the halo models. Pretty sad IMHO.
Old 07-24-18, 09:31 PM
Avalon786
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Lexus has mishandled the whole F thing IMHO. F Sport is a hollow cake. Looks nice, but where's the rest of it? The ES further confusing the styling and performance delineations just makes them live up to the bland moniker they've managed to hold for years despite the F cars and their significant improvements in competing with real performance vehicles. Those of us who bought an IS F years ago have been complaining about this for a long time. The more time passes, the harder it is to visually quickly identify the halo models. Pretty sad IMHO.
There probably won’t ever be another “real” F car in the sense that the ISF was an F car. I think they nailed it on the first try and have been trying to live up to it ever since with the other F’s.
I get the whole Fsport thing, it’s like the AMG package or M package on Mercs & BMWs. It’s just some wheels, badging, exhaust maybe... Judging by the amount of Fsports I see on a daily basis I feel this is working excellent for Lexus.
But I have to agree for the pure F cars not sure why they had such an amazing start with the ISF and then seems they dropped the ball.