GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Do I really need Camber Arms?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-18 | 10:37 AM
gsfuji
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by designo
Personally ? Absolutely no difference. It rides great.

I find myself being more careful on humps and dips now, but don't need to cause the stock ride on this car is very firm anyway.

My car is a 2016. I don't have adjustable suspension modes
good to know, thanks man!
Old 08-12-18 | 11:33 AM
gsfuji
Driver School Candidate

Personally ? Absolutely no difference. It rides great.

I find myself being more careful on humps and dips now, but don't need to cause the stock ride on this car is very firm anyway.

My car is a 2016. I don't have adjustable suspension modes
i forgot to ask, how does it handle? Do you feel any difference or same?
Old 08-12-18 | 02:46 PM
designo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gsfuji

i forgot to ask, how does it handle? Do you feel any difference or same?
To be honest ? Same
Old 08-12-18 | 05:01 PM
gsfuji
Driver School Candidate

To be honest ? Same
ah okay, thanks for the feedback, really helps. I was hoping it will help with some body role, I am in a dilemma, I still want comfortable ride but able to handle turns better without body role.
By the way this is what I’m working with.
The following users liked this post:
designo (08-12-18)
Old 08-12-18 | 09:39 PM
LED190E
Driver School Candidate

ah okay, thanks for the feedback, really helps. I was hoping it will help with some body role, I am in a dilemma, I still want comfortable ride but able to handle turns better without body role.
I see Tom's everywhere! And as a fellow Nebula Gray owner myself, I really am loving how it all looks on yours. A drop will certainly complete the look of your car

I am debating between RSR or Swift springs at the moment. But since Swift are so new, I cannot justify it yet. BUT a lot of RCF and ISF owners love and recommend Swift springs so I'm in a dilemma..

Good luck with your decision! As @designo says, I've heard RSR feels about the same as stock ride quality-wise
designo (08-12-18)
Old 08-13-18 | 01:16 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by LED190E
I see Tom's everywhere! And as a fellow Nebula Gray owner myself, I really am loving how it all looks on yours. A drop will certainly complete the look of your car

I am debating between RSR or Swift springs at the moment. But since Swift are so new, I cannot justify it yet. BUT a lot of RCF and ISF owners love and recommend Swift springs so I'm in a dilemma..

Good luck with your decision! As @designo says, I've heard RSR feels about the same as stock ride quality-wise
We'll get you guys settled with springs or coilovers.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-14-18 | 03:04 AM
gsfuji
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LED190E

thanks man, you too. Looks like lot of us are in a dilemma, haha. If you go with swift let us know how it rides.
Old 08-14-18 | 03:05 AM
gsfuji
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone road with springs for over a year? If so do they feel any difference from day one you switched? Did it started to feel slight bounce? How low did you drop your car?
Old 08-16-18 | 10:10 AM
gsfdream
Driver

def go with swift much better spring the rsr!!!
i have cks coils with swift springs and love how much more comfortable the ride became then stock. stock ride is so harsh and bumby
LED190E (08-19-18)
Old 08-16-18 | 10:27 PM
LED190E
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gsfdream
i have cks coils with swift springs and love how much more comfortable the ride became then stock. stock ride is so harsh and bumby
Thanks Rafa!! I think I'm gonna go with Swift. I just hope it has the same drop as RSR. I dont want to go any lower than that. Trying to keep that OE+ spec good ride height and good stance like @designo
Meraki Autoworks (08-16-18)
Old 08-18-18 | 12:10 PM
gsfuji
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gsfdream
i thought coil rides stiffer but you saying it rides more comfortable? Really? Or are you saying ck coil with stock springs was bumpy and when you switched the springs to swift it rides better? I think that’s what you were you saying, right.
Old 08-19-18 | 12:46 AM
designo
Pole Position

What Rafa is saying is that swapping out the OEM suspension for CKS struts coupled with swift springs gives you not just a more customised ride height... but a more customised damper control.

Hence the softer ride
LED190E (08-19-18)
Old 08-21-18 | 07:11 PM
hyboost
Pit Crew

For those asking about Swift springs, I've had them on the car for 2 months now. I can honestly say that the ride has not been sacrificed at all and still drives as smooth as it did stock. Drop is nice and even on them. Definitely would recommend. Alignment was out of wack and ended up using rear Figs arms to bring camber back to specs.

(I ran KW V3's on my ISF and that ride was very harsh in comparison)

Here are some pics. You can see that without the Novel kit, it wasn't too aggressive at all. Now with the CF lip...getting in and out of places is interesting, lol

The following 2 users liked this post by hyboost:
designo (08-30-18), LED190E (08-21-18)
Old 08-21-18 | 08:00 PM
LED190E
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hyboost
For those asking about Swift springs, I've had them on the car for 2 months now. I can honestly say that the ride has not been sacrificed at all and still drives as smooth as it did stock. Drop is nice and even on them. Definitely would recommend. Alignment was out of wack and ended up using rear Figs arms to bring camber back to specs.

(I ran KW V3's on my ISF and that ride was very harsh in comparison)

Here are some pics. You can see that without the Novel kit, it wasn't too aggressive at all. Now with the CF lip...getting in and out of places is interesting, lol

Now that is a nice even drop! Thanks a ton for sharing! Since you aren't running spacers, I'm trying to visualize a comparison between yours and the OP's drop on RSR. For some reason, it looks as if Swifts are a tad lower than RSR but I think it's mostly the front as Swift does a great job in evening out the wheel gap to get rid of the "reverse rake" Rafa was talking about.

In any case, I am still leaning towards Swift and already have my 20mm/15mm spacers waiting for install as well. Since you said that the alignment was out of whack, how bad exactly was it? was it worse in a specific area? (ie: front or rear)
designo (08-30-18)
Old 08-21-18 | 08:33 PM
hyboost
Pit Crew

Front toe was off but that was expected from taking it all apart to do the springs.
Rear Camber was -2.7 before we adjusted it back out. So the adjustable arms are a must.
The following 2 users liked this post by hyboost:
designo (08-30-18), LED190E (08-22-18)

Quick Reply: Do I really need Camber Arms?