GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Finally spent time and gave my GS F a small photo op

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-18, 06:12 PM
LED190E
Driver School Candidate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Finally spent time and gave my GS F a small photo op

Hey All! Semi-new to the forum (joined early last month) and have had my GS F since December of last year. I have been meaning to get out and take photos but the busy schedule has been keeping me back. Anyway, I've finally gotten some time to get a few shots in and went on a mountain run a few weekends ago and got pictures taken by @BayRoadsAP (check him out on Instagram!) So I wanted to share

The first 3 pictures were taken by me and the rest were from the mountain run. Cheers!

The following users liked this post:
FSportOnly (06-23-20)
Old 07-24-18, 09:55 AM
Avalon786
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great! How are you liking the GS-F? What led you to purchase that vehicle? What did you come from?
LED190E (07-25-18)
Old 07-24-18, 11:22 AM
LED190E
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Avalon786
Looks great! How are you liking the GS-F? What led you to purchase that vehicle? What did you come from?
Thank you! Honestly, I'm in love with the GS F and I couldn't look any other way. I was previously a Mercedes fanatic and started off with a 190E, then a C43 AMG, and my last car prior to the GS F was a 2012 E350.

I was so sure I would remain in the Merc family that I was ready to get an E63s until I bought a new RX350 last October. After driving the RX, my mind shifted towards Lexus and the dealership introduced me to the RC F they had. I enjoyed it but I wanted something that was also practical and so they showed me their GS F and that is what sparked me. After they convinced me to a test drive, I was just in awe of the GS F and couldn't get my mind off it. There was something about the GS F that kept me hooked. After about a month I finally found the right GS F for me and sold my E350.

Apologies for the rather long story but that's how I joined the lexus family and I think its here to stay
Old 07-24-18, 08:37 PM
Avalon786
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LED190E
Thank you! Honestly, I'm in love with the GS F and I couldn't look any other way. I was previously a Mercedes fanatic and started off with a 190E, then a C43 AMG, and my last car prior to the GS F was a 2012 E350.

I was so sure I would remain in the Merc family that I was ready to get an E63s until I bought a new RX350 last October. After driving the RX, my mind shifted towards Lexus and the dealership introduced me to the RC F they had. I enjoyed it but I wanted something that was also practical and so they showed me their GS F and that is what sparked me. After they convinced me to a test drive, I was just in awe of the GS F and couldn't get my mind off it. There was something about the GS F that kept me hooked. After about a month I finally found the right GS F for me and sold my E350.

Apologies for the rather long story but that's how I joined the lexus family and I think its here to stay
That’s great to hear! Myself having had an ‘07 E63 back in the day and just getting into an ISF I’m seriously second guessing my decision as I probably should have gone to a GSF. I have an ‘07 S550 as well so decided to go smaller. Will see what happens. The GSF looks amazing and seriously making me want to go find one to trade up, haha.
Old 07-25-18, 01:26 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

What a stunning example. Well done.
Enjoy the beast in good health. And keep revving that engine.. it's a dying breed.
LED190E (07-25-18)
Old 07-25-18, 12:23 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

100% love that color.. My favorite !

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
LED190E (07-25-18)
Old 07-25-18, 05:01 PM
LED190E
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Avalon786

That’s great to hear! Myself having had an ‘07 E63 back in the day and just getting into an ISF I’m seriously second guessing my decision as I probably should have gone to a GSF. I have an ‘07 S550 as well so decided to go smaller. Will see what happens. The GSF looks amazing and seriously making me want to go find one to trade up, haha.
Glad to hear from a fellow Merc enthusiast as well! But yes the GSF has been wonderful both inside and outside! The race inspired seats all the way to the Alcantara panels here and there set it apart. Its cozy and fun at the same time. I remember wanting an ISF back then when it first came out and honestly never imagined that I would end up getting an F eventually. Enjoy your ISF! I'm sure it's just as fun and unique to drive and it will continue to give back

If at all in the future you decide to get a GSF or perhaps the rumored LCF, keep us all posted!
designo (07-26-18)
Old 07-25-18, 05:05 PM
LED190E
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
100% love that color.. My favorite !

-Josh
Thanks Josh!! I couldn't say no to Nebula Gray haha. Thinking of throwing on satin Xpel clear bra and itll look close to a 10th anniversary outside minus the blue calipers and gloss black wheels :P
Old 07-25-18, 05:10 PM
LED190E
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by designo
What a stunning example. Well done.
Enjoy the beast in good health. And keep revving that engine.. it's a dying breed.
Absolutely! Thanks man! Your GSF stance and fitment are impressing me and making me want to do the same!
designo (07-26-18)
Old 07-26-18, 10:29 AM
AR_Motorwerkz
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks great dude!

I noticed your exhaust tips

-Nick
LED190E (07-26-18)
Old 07-26-18, 01:42 PM
LED190E
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AR_Motorwerkz
Looks great dude!

I noticed your exhaust tips

-Nick
Thank you! Good catch! I loved the Greddy tips however I just recently swapped back to my stock exhausts and sold the Greddy
Old 07-26-18, 01:44 PM
AR_Motorwerkz
Former Sponsor

Nice! Was it because of too much drone?

-Nick
Old 07-27-18, 01:27 AM
LED190E
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AR_Motorwerkz
Nice! Was it because of too much drone?

-Nick
Actually, the Greddy SP had absolutely no drone from my experience! In Eco, Normal, and Sport below 3K it pretty much sounds like OE. Over 3K and it starts getting into the "fun" territory. But all in all, similar to the Tanabe, it's a great all around axle-back for those looking for a quiet ride when in comfort drives and a bit more grunt in WOT drives. It's certainly not aggressive or loud per se but for the daily driver and family-friendly car, it was a good addition in my opinion. I decided to switch back to stock as I am actually looking for a bit more agressive/exotic sound. A member here posted a vid of their Meisterschaft axle-back and I was impressed with its note at high RPMs. However, I've also been wanting to do what few have done which is to retrofit an RC F Borla cat back exhaust to the GS F. So in short here are my options:
- Meisterschaft SUS GTC axle back
- RC F Borla cat back (retrofit to GS F)
- Custom muffler delete axle back (similar to that of @gsfdream's)
- Meisterschaft or Apexi mid pipe with OE axle back

So, in the meantime while I toy with those ideas, I don't mind enjoying the OE spec for a while
bklszl (07-27-18)
Old 07-27-18, 03:44 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

Actually, the Greddy SP had absolutely no drone from my experience! In Eco, Normal, and Sport below 3K it pretty much sounds like OE. Over 3K and it starts getting into the "fun" territory. But all in all, similar to the Tanabe, it's a great all around axle-back for those looking for a quiet ride when in comfort drives and a bit more grunt in WOT drives. It's certainly not aggressive or loud per se but for the daily driver and family-friendly car, it was a good addition in my opinion. I decided to switch back to stock as I am actually looking for a bit more agressive/exotic sound. A member here posted a vid of their Meisterschaft axle-back and I was impressed with its note at high RPMs. However, I've also been wanting to do what few have done which is to retrofit an RC F Borla cat back exhaust to the GS F. So in short here are my options:

So, in the meantime while I toy with those ideas, I don't mind enjoying the OE spec for a while
You're nasty Daniel ..
Can't wait to see and hear what you're gonna do !

Old 07-27-18, 11:08 AM
AR_Motorwerkz
Former Sponsor

Wow! Thanks for the insight brotha

Let me know what you decide on for your exhaust, I'd be glad to help out!

-Nick

Quick Reply: Finally spent time and gave my GS F a small photo op