GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

GTHAUS Axle back exhaust for GSF

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-21, 03:16 AM
lexusgsf16
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have also ordered and now received the axle back system from GTHAUS to my GS F. The question now though is where to tap power from. How did you do, @bklszl ?
Old 10-13-21, 04:00 AM
rhunter112
Driver School Candidate

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusgsf16
I have also ordered and now received the axle back system from GTHAUS to my GS F. The question now though is where to tap power from. How did you do, @bklszl ?
you'll get zero power gains with axle back. Little power gains if upgraded to cat back (I had a Cat back) and will see significant power gains if you change out the headers ( PPE Ceramic , I think it costs 3k). I highly recommend that you do the full exhaust swap.
Old 10-13-21, 06:35 AM
1A1
Instructor

Received 303 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by rhunter112
you'll get zero power gains with axle back. Little power gains if upgraded to cat back (I had a Cat back) and will see significant power gains if you change out the headers ( PPE Ceramic , I think it costs 3k). I highly recommend that you do the full exhaust swap.
Yeupers. If you do headers you'll definitely want to do the rest of it. There are some gains to be had with a cat back as proven several times with dyno tests by various members. Axle back - not as much.

Steve
Old 10-13-21, 07:50 AM
lexusgsf16
Driver School Candidate

Sorry, I was a bit unclear. When it comes to power I don’t mean horse power but instead electrical power Where to best tap electrical power from in order to feed the solenoid/wireless transmitter for this exhaust system? How did you do, @bklszl ?
Old 10-13-21, 09:36 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

i have the gt haus mid, greddy axle back. It sounds insane. Anyone and everyone would stop and ask. Surprisingly not a lot people have the gt haus setup.
I am curious to where you tap the power from, as i will grt the axle back too

Originally Posted by rhunter112
I dont know what folks are taking about but the GTHAUS Meisterschaft cat back exhaust is hands down the best sounding/best quality exhaust in the market. If you dont believe me google Lexus GSF sounds great with a supercharger and you wont be disappointed. I own it so I'm speaking from experience.
The following users liked this post:
1A1 (10-14-21)
Old 10-28-21, 12:22 PM
bklszl
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry, I was a bit unclear. When it comes to power I don’t mean horse power but instead electrical power Where to best tap electrical power from in order to feed the solenoid/wireless transmitter for this exhaust system? How did you do, @bklszl ?
I am sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately I lack electrical skills, so I got mine installed in the local exhaust shop, I think they tap power from the trunk light.
Old 10-30-21, 06:46 AM
johnnyb58
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ214
i have the gt haus mid, greddy axle back. It sounds insane. Anyone and everyone would stop and ask. Surprisingly not a lot people have the gt haus setup.
I am curious to where you tap the power from, as i will grt the axle back too
You have to take apart some of the panels in the trunk to access the power. I too, used the power from the trunk light.
Old 11-03-21, 05:35 AM
rhunter112
Driver School Candidate

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

your talking about Hooking up power so that you can do “Valve Control” on the exhaust. You can definitely tap power from truck light or run it directly to the battery in the engine(that’s what I did). Listen man if I didn’t total my GSF I would still have it, get the full exhaust setup(PPE headers the $3k one to with with GT HAUS meistershaft cat back) and you’ll have the most exhilarating experience that you can imagine
Old 11-03-21, 07:38 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

wonder if you took any pics, I want to attempt the install myself.
Originally Posted by johnnyb58
You have to take apart some of the panels in the trunk to access the power. I too, used the power from the trunk light.
Old 11-04-21, 08:07 AM
johnnyb58
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ214
wonder if you took any pics, I want to attempt the install myself.
Unfortunately I didnt take any pics. I just took apart the trunk panels to locate and expose the wiring harness and traced it back to the trunk lights. It wasnt hard at all, if I remember correctly, there were only 2 wires to choose from to tap into. Good Luck!
Old 11-07-21, 09:32 PM
lexusgsf16
Driver School Candidate

OK, I ended up with pulling 2 wires through the firewall (in order to control the solenoid in the engine bay) on the driver side and then a fuse tap on the passenger side fuse box (cigarette lighter fuse) in order to power the wireless transmitter that I placed inside the cabin. Didn’t want to have it under the hood together with the V8 beast