GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

GTHAUS Axle back exhaust for GSF

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-18 | 06:22 PM
MercuryISF
Pole Position

Default GTHAUS Axle back exhaust for GSF

Is this exhaust worth the 4k premium there asking?
Old 09-26-18 | 08:14 PM
finny76
Advanced

Mmmm.....................NO...............
The following users liked this post:
designo (09-27-18)
Old 09-27-18 | 12:32 AM
designo
Pole Position

Mmmm..............NO............
Old 09-27-18 | 06:03 AM
bklszl
Driver

Originally Posted by MercuryISF
Is this exhaust worth the 4k premium there asking?
Hmmmm.. Depends on your needs.
There are several options for your car, everyone should decide what to look for. You might disagree with me, but I did not regret any $ spent on those mods that enhance the engine and exhaust tone.
For my persective the RRRacing SC doesn't worth the $10k, because for me the NA power is enough. But there are guys who appreciate the power upgrade that comes from the SC so they will definitely disagree with me.. We are not same.

If you are looking only for a deeper tone, Borla, Tanabe are great, but those do not come with remote valve controll,
If you want the valves (for me it was mandatory, bc GF, neighbours, long journies), you have three options:

- Novel:
PRO: heavenly high pitch exhaust note
CON: more expensive than GTHaus

- Armytrix:
PRO: valve controll with cool smartphone app
CON: they only fit the RCF, you have to cut and weld which isn't cheap, exhaust note I didn't heard any of those installed on a GSF

- Gthaus
PRO: badass exhaust note (subjective), easy install, very good quality (those welding jobs are top notch)
CONS: expensive,

I chose the Gthaus axleback, here is my short review:
Even the axle-back alone changed my feeling for the car. Now you have a proper V8 burble, which was restricted by the stock exhaust., even in the lower RPM range the car is louder in a good way. Around 2k RPM you will hear a little drone, however I had a hybrid IS300h before, so keep in mind that I am new to these sounds lol. The drone can be "turned down" by closing the valves, which is great for long distance driving at hwy speed. I ordered the system with round tips, which I regret a bit, I like the ovals better.

Anyway I made a short video, hope it will help you.

The following 5 users liked this post by bklszl:
1wacko (11-16-19), adr7090 (10-14-21), lexusgsf16 (10-13-21), NVRLAND (10-01-18), shu5892001 (02-06-20)
Old 09-27-18 | 06:15 AM
bigblack06

Sounds amazing, but I will say they overpriced it. I had one for my GS-F-Sport and the major problem was the valve it is plastic and if you live in cold weather climates it can rust and freeze up on you. Guessing they have changed it for the GS-F so I would probably say no to buying it.
Old 09-27-18 | 06:27 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

We recently released our RCF Valvetronic Bazooka exhaust, but if anyone local is interested, we can easily adapt it to the GSF. IMGO it sounds much better than gthaus, with a lower pricetag.

Rafi

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Boomin (11-18-19)
Old 09-27-18 | 08:55 PM
bklszl
Driver

oops, I forgot to mention yours Rafi, sorry for that!

As I heard on some videos their system is also remarkable, should be seriously considered!!
Old 09-28-18 | 11:01 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Depends. Its crazy loud and sounds pretty good. But have to justify the price..

Regardless.. If you plan on getting it, contact us for pricing!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 10-01-18 | 07:12 AM
jonez
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by RRRacing
We recently released our RCF Valvetronic Bazooka exhaust, but if anyone local is interested, we can easily adapt it to the GSF. IMGO it sounds much better than gthaus, with a lower pricetag.

Rafi

I live a good 12 hours away round trip, are you planning on releasing a version specifically for the GS F?
Old 10-01-18 | 10:32 AM
MercuryISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jonez

I live a good 12 hours away round trip, are you planning on releasing a version specifically for the GS F?
I spoke to Simon the other day. They can take the rcf borla kit and retro fit it to gsf. I definitely want to hear it. Fall on the sword so I can hear yours... I live 45 minutes away. I had them install my kws on my car. Did a great job.
Old 10-01-18 | 11:42 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

I spoke to Simon the other day. They can take the rcf borla kit and retro fit it to gsf. I definitely want to hear it. Fall on the sword so I can hear yours... I live 45 minutes away. I had them install my kws on my car. Did a great job.
I have heard many gthaus setups on customer cars. They tend to sound hollow, ours does not. The inspiration for us making our own valvetronic setups was seeing all the RCFs rolling into our shop spending so much on just an exhaust (more than half on an exhaust compared to our SC kit, lol).

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 10-02-18 | 08:22 AM
jonez
Pit Crew

If you are in PA I think you should go ahead with it so I can hear your videos and decide if I want to drive the 12 hour round trip just for an exhaust.

If they develop this for the GSF so I can buy it and have it shipped here and installed at a local shop without modification I'd be more inclined to buy it.

Old 10-02-18 | 02:22 PM
MercuryISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jonez
If you are in PA I think you should go ahead with it so I can hear your videos and decide if I want to drive the 12 hour round trip just for an exhaust.

If they develop this for the GSF so I can buy it and have it shipped here and installed at a local shop without modification I'd be more inclined to buy it.

maybe RR racing can sponsor me..

Last edited by MercuryISF; 10-06-18 at 05:26 AM.
Old 11-16-19 | 09:13 PM
rhunter112
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RRRacing

Rafi

Any black friday specials on this exhaust equipped for a lexus GS F? Where are you guys located?
Old 02-05-20 | 08:29 PM
rhunter112
Driver School Candidate

I dont know what folks are taking about but the GTHAUS Meisterschaft cat back exhaust is hands down the best sounding/best quality exhaust in the market. If you dont believe me google Lexus GSF sounds great with a supercharger and you wont be disappointed. I own it so I'm speaking from experience.
Meraki Autoworks (02-05-20)

Quick Reply: GTHAUS Axle back exhaust for GSF