GS-F Track Videos

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-18, 03:35 PM
TARS
Driver

Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts
Default GS-F Track Videos

Guys-

This is a simple video from a very good friend of mine in his more than a handful and modified Porsche GT-4 as we are warming up on a track in Florida. There were some Hellcats, Miatas, Roushes, and more. We had a really good time! First 6 minutes you can see the GS-F in the front, the second half is me on the back. Pay good attention to minute 2:38 and how royally I screwed that one up... LOL. The classic "too soon on the power" at the apex; love it!

This video was made by my friend. I actually had some amazing footage of that session and later to include telemetry, but my skills of editing are much lower than his, as is also my driving skills...LOL. Maybe "Bullets Garage" could get my footage and make something worth out of it as he does with his videos.

Hope you like it:
The following 2 users liked this post by TARS:
autoz4me (11-05-18), lobuxracer (10-29-18)
Old 10-27-18, 08:31 AM
SilvaIS350
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Great video TARS.
The following users liked this post:
TARS (10-27-18)
Old 10-27-18, 08:51 AM
TrevorR
Intermediate

Received 129 Likes on 91 Posts

Nice!

I can see different wheels, any suspension mods? I ask because the GSF seems to have some excessive body roll.
Old 10-27-18, 09:58 AM
TARS
Driver

Originally Posted by TrevorR
Nice!

I can see different wheels, any suspension mods? I ask because the GSF seems to have some excessive body roll.
The Porsche is completely moded in the suspension area and runs super stiff and abnormally flat, even for a GT4. It is street legal, but that's why it arrived on a trailer.The GS-F has OEM electronic suspension with OEM springs, which in comparison to the Porsche (or a 16 GS-F) it "looks" very compliant and with roll. However, as a comparison the Porsche was lapping in the high 1:21's (which is ridiculously fast for that track!) and I was about a second behind and we were both far ahead of anything else including all the Hellcats, Mustangs and Miatas that were there that day. Of course the TVD and sticky tires help enormously. So the car is surprisingly capable for its size and every time it's on any of the track that I have been too, it seems to be the novelty that everybody wants to see as they can not believe the sound and the good times that it can pull.

I don't know if you can relate to very stiff cars that are so stiff that they feel like they "skip" constantly over the track and are very uncomfortable off the track... So there's a balance there, so even though the GSF suspension might seem overly compliant, it is very efficient and comfortable at the track, and off. Everybody wants to get a ride on the passenger side of my car as they don't get the motion sickness that most passengers get on some of the very hardcore cars. Very enjoyable compromise I think, as the car has 5 modes and changes quite a bit from one to the other.
autoz4me (10-30-18)
Old 10-28-18, 09:43 AM
wktjr
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TrevorR
Nice!

Noticed that also. Pushed a lot when it went in to the corner too deep. Also could throttle steer which would make for an interesting drive.
Old 10-28-18, 09:44 AM
wktjr
Pit Crew

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Great Video. Where's the track and what is the telemetry software?
Old 10-28-18, 05:31 PM
TARS
Driver

Originally Posted by wktjr
Noticed that also. Pushed a lot when it went in to the corner too deep. Also could throttle steer which would make for an interesting drive.

Trying to get better at using the throttle to steer a little as to get out of that plowing understeer when one goes too deep in a corner... As you can imagine, it could be an expensive proposition if done wrong, so I'm taking it slow LOL. The main issue for me on that one (throttle control) is that you get used to driving this thing in "Normal Mode" and the response from the accelerator is, whatever it is on that mode… Then you change to "Expert Mode" on the track, and the accelerator is way quicker and touchy and its much harder to "apply" the right amount of power, especially above 5K rpm. On the Porsche, besides having a better natural balance from its mid engine layout, you can make more mistakes on the power and still be OK as it doesn't have a crazy amount of power, everything is more balanced and proportional. In a short technical track like that one, many times the GS-F feels like it has almost too much power (as illogical as it might sound) since you are very quickly having to manage the weight shifts and brakes against power and traction from quick turn to turn. Faster tracks like Sebring are in that sense less demanding.
Old 10-28-18, 05:38 PM
TARS
Driver

Originally Posted by wktjr
Great Video. Where's the track and what is the telemetry software?
So, so video... a lot of wind noise. It was a much better time than what it looked like. The track is called "The Firm" and its located in northern FL, in a little town called Starke. I use AiM products and its main data software "AiM Studio 3". Also, I'm currently testing the app "Track Addict" with a very fast 10 Hz dash mounted bluetooth GPS, an OBD bluetooth data transmitter and a GoPro in the helmet. I'm actually impressed with what one can do with that latest setup.
Old 10-29-18, 02:34 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

Open track season is upon us here, I will be posting track videos of the GSF soon.
You'll be seeing more videos of the Lexus in action as I had previously done with my BMW ..

Check out my videos.

autoz4me (10-30-18)
Old 10-29-18, 07:45 AM
TARS
Driver

Nice video, great cars! It will be cool to see the GS-F in more tracks, especially in one as nice as that one.