GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Anyone use a Quickjack for their GS F?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-19, 02:39 PM
MrFuso
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anyone use a Quickjack for their GS F?

So........ My Xmas gift to my self, other than the GS F was a Quickjack 5000EXT (this is the one with the longer frame). I have a few cars that I will be using it on and I took some measurement at the jack points and it should work with the GS F. Well.... It looks like with the side skirts and some aero in the middle it will be hard to get it to jack. I'm probably going to make something, weld, machine, etc., so that I can have better access to the jack points of the car. Anyone else do something like this, or even have the Quickjack? For the price it's not bad.... It's no two post lift, but for what it is, it's okay enough. Would like to know how others get their car in the air. I'm sick of using a jack and stands. I like this thing cause it seems safer. Although, it's 80 some pounds each side to move around...
Old 01-05-19, 07:15 PM
hyboost
Driver

Received 68 Likes on 29 Posts

Curious to see where the clearance challenges are. I've been thinking about picking up a quickjack as well, but am concerned with clearance on my Novel side skirts. Are you running into height/clearance problems getting it under the car? Or is the challenge more reaching the OEM seams or lift points? If its the seams, try this:

https://zl1addons.com/collections/ca...0-15-lift-pads

I installed them on mine, permanently mounted and it makes jacking up much easier. It gives you easier access from under the car and you stop bending the crappy oem seams. Maybe the quickjack can reach this easier since it will drop down about an inch below stock lift points?
Old 01-05-19, 08:01 PM
MrFuso
Rookie

Originally Posted by hyboost
Curious to see where the clearance challenges are. I've been thinking about picking up a quickjack as well, but am concerned with clearance on my Novel side skirts. Are you running into height/clearance problems getting it under the car? Or is the challenge more reaching the OEM seams or lift points? If its the seams, try this:

https://zl1addons.com/collections/ca...0-15-lift-pads

I installed them on mine, permanently mounted and it makes jacking up much easier. It gives you easier access from under the car and you stop bending the crappy oem seams. Maybe the quickjack can reach this easier since it will drop down about an inch below stock lift points?

Thanks for the link, yeah, I'm having an issue with the OEM lift points. I have a few ideas and if they work out, I'll make sure to share on the forum. I will have to check out the lift pads too, I feel like with those the Quickjack should fit okay and than I'll be able to use it easier.
Old 01-05-19, 08:12 PM
MrFuso
Rookie

Thanks again, I just ordered the jack pads.
Old 01-06-19, 03:57 PM
Teutonic
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

IIRC, I thought the lifting points were spread ~67-68"? I thought our cars would require their new 6000-XLT model? I go back and forth thinking about getting one of these or a 4 post lift with a sliding hydraulic jack tray (SJ-35).
Old 01-10-19, 07:36 PM
MrFuso
Rookie

Originally Posted by Teutonic
IIRC, I thought the lifting points were spread ~67-68"? I thought our cars would require their new 6000-XLT model? I go back and forth thinking about getting one of these or a 4 post lift with a sliding hydraulic jack tray (SJ-35).

I think with these new lift pads the quick jack 5000 ext should work. When I get around to it... I'll make a video and post it up. Might not be for a bit, since the weather sux.
Old 09-13-19, 06:40 PM
el3v8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did the lift pads work out? I bought the 5000 for my IS, but I'm experiencing the same problem

Originally Posted by MrFuso
I think with these new lift pads the quick jack 5000 ext should work. When I get around to it... I'll make a video and post it up. Might not be for a bit, since the weather sux.
Old 09-15-19, 09:27 PM
2turbo1sup
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the 5000 but havent used it on my GSF yet. Works nicely on my wife's camry though and I assume they're about the same dimensions
Old 09-17-19, 01:00 PM
MrFuso
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2turbo1sup
I have the 5000 but havent used it on my GSF yet. Works nicely on my wife's camry though and I assume they're about the same dimensions

Sorry for the late reply. Lift pads are working well. I did have to shim them out with some flat stock. I don't think the standard QJ would have worked with my GSF. Car is longer than it looks at the lift points.
Old 09-17-19, 05:10 PM
bigz187
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

https://www.shopfigs.com/v3/jack_frame_adapter

I run figs with great results and price point
Old 09-18-19, 07:01 AM
el3v8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks you to everyone for sharing your solutions. I actually had to send the 5000slx back and will be purchasing a 5000ext instead. I measured for clearance and it looks like quick jack's pinch weld blocks should (barely) fit in the space around the jack points so I should be good!