GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

"dealer only" programmable personalized settings

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-19, 09:43 AM
mwgglf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "dealer only" programmable personalized settings

Does anyone have any non-standard options programmed by a dealer? I went with the no delay when pressing the trunk key on the FOB and opted for the steering wheel to stay in place when ignition is turned off. I felt like this would be a lot of long-term wear and tear on the motor, and I'm not that fat (yet) where I need the steering wheel moved up to allow my gut to slide into the seat

Just started this thread to see what options others chose and why...
Old 02-15-19, 10:42 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 853 Likes on 645 Posts

Most common requested Techstream setting change has to be the "Remote Window Roll down".
Standard default was On before 2010 keyless fobs debuted, RWR is now defaulted Off.
Press and hold the fob unlock button to begin rolling down/opening all windows/sunroof to
vent a hot car. Stop pressing to partially open them, continue to hold to open fully. Apparently
folks were inadvertently pressing the button and discovering open windows...during a rainstorm...
so you now have to go in (or get and subscribe to Carista) to enable this. The related feature
setting is "Key in the Driver's Door Lock Cylinder Roll up/Close". Great when leaving the car
and discover an open window/sunroof...key in the door, CCW twist and close them all. A bit
awkward on models with the cylinder under a cover but terrific on those built with exposed keyholes.
Old 02-16-19, 12:01 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,973 Likes on 2,403 Posts

Originally Posted by mcomer
Most common requested Techstream setting change has to be the "Remote Window Roll down".
Standard default was On before 2010 keyless fobs debuted, RWR is now defaulted Off.
Press and hold the fob unlock button to begin rolling down/opening all windows/sunroof to
vent a hot car. Stop pressing to partially open them, continue to hold to open fully. Apparently
folks were inadvertently pressing the button and discovering open windows...during a rainstorm...
so you now have to go in (or get and subscribe to Carista) to enable this. The related feature
setting is "Key in the Driver's Door Lock Cylinder Roll up/Close". Great when leaving the car
and discover an open window/sunroof...key in the door, CCW twist and close them all. A bit
awkward on models with the cylinder under a cover but terrific on those built with exposed keyholes.
I got a credit card key just to avoid this problem. Walked into the garage too many times to rolled down windows and open sunroof. I really almost never used this feature and since the auto roll up is not available in North America, it seemed pretty worthless to me.

There are a whole lot of options in Techstream. I've poked at all of them because I have a legal subscription, but there are some things you have to do through menus in the car (like turning off the pre-collision nightmare), and others only available in Techstream. I did this over a year ago, so I really don't remember all the details, but I can take a peek at it and do some screenshots if there is interest.
Old 02-23-19, 02:44 AM
and3re
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I got a credit card key just to avoid this problem. Walked into the garage too many times to rolled down windows and open sunroof. I really almost never used this feature and since the auto roll up is not available in North America, it seemed pretty worthless to me.

There are a whole lot of options in Techstream. I've poked at all of them because I have a legal subscription, but there are some things you have to do through menus in the car (like turning off the pre-collision nightmare), and others only available in Techstream. I did this over a year ago, so I really don't remember all the details, but I can take a peek at it and do some screenshots if there is interest.
Yes
Please do
Old 05-31-19, 11:38 PM
Marth06
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I had an M3 and changed a few codes
So it would be great if you can list the changes/codes that can be done on a GSF
Old 06-02-19, 02:26 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 469 Likes on 291 Posts

Funny,

Everything you guys mentioned above are standard user changeable features here.
No need for dealer or anyone else for that matter.
Old 06-02-19, 11:51 AM
jonez
Pit Crew

Received 103 Likes on 59 Posts

From the list of customizations on Carista, I configured the car to allow me to open windows/roof from the keyfob, that’s about all I’ve done. There’s certainly a lot of small changes you can make, would be interested in what else we can change.
Old 06-03-19, 07:26 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,973 Likes on 2,403 Posts

Originally Posted by designo
Funny,

Everything you guys mentioned above are standard user changeable features here.
No need for dealer or anyone else for that matter.
So far all the mentioned ones are user modified here as well. There are fewer and fewer LPS settings requiring Techstream these days.