GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Where is the sweet spot for buying a used GS-F (next two years)?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-19, 04:06 PM
embassured
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Kukudm hit the nail on the head - supply and demand is key...by market and by season. Case in point, in March of '18 St. Louis had zero GSFs and not many choices in surrounding markets. There were numerous GSFs in California and Florida, which meant a purchase out of Fort Lauderdale for $54K OTD with 11K on the odometer, shipping was another $800. Car was not CPO and was located at a Mercedes dealership with new tires; clean as a whistle. To get your preferred balance of price, miles, and condition may mean an out of market purchase.. Verification of factory warranty, a solid dealer accustomed with remote purchases, and a quality PP! made the experience almost enjoyable.

Last edited by embassured; 07-27-19 at 06:19 AM.
Old 07-27-19, 09:11 AM
Garetgg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas price

I found a blue one in Florida that has one owner under 20k mi for 49k..did have some front driver side damage..don't know how bad the accident was though..have heard that blue is hard to match 💯 Also a silver/ stratus gray interior with 15k mi for 50k..3 owners though in such a short time, looks mint though. The blue I seen in person, I didn't like untill then but it really does make the car standout and matches the gs-f's sporty personality I think. The atomic silver looks good in picture but some have made it sound more gold/biege under certain light...I think one person wrote on this forum if your 40+ you'll love it lol. I like those colors and am looking at purchasing one for 50k or under with lower 35k mi or less..seeing CPO in other colors with 30k miles for 52-54k. Dealers have not been willing to work with me at all. Just waiting for that mint blue or silver for 50k now.
Old 07-27-19, 11:32 AM
embassured
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

The fun is always in the hunt. I've never found good price support for relatively hi-powered, RWD, sport sedans in the winter months! Time, patience, and depreciation will be your friend.

Regarding damage and assuming no structural/suspension/airbag impacts etc,, I've never been afraid to purchase a car with a quality panel//bumper repair. The price discount associated with an accident reported carfax can create an interesting opportunity. Again, a good PPI will usually determine the significance of prior damage and professionalism of repair. Lexus CPO cars can have prior panel repairs but any structurally damaged cars will not be certified..
Old 07-27-19, 12:20 PM
jallow33
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

2016 GS-F - Purchased last month at a Lexus dealer in Florida with 40k miles for 47700 OTD (Purchase price + All state taxes and registration fees).

Car had been serviced by the previous owner a week before turning in for end of 3 year lease. Clean Carfax/Autocheck as well.

Was not a CPO, but here is where it gets interesting...

The sales rep I was dealing with literally told me that the car can be CPO'd with another "once over" if you would like prior to purchase for an additional $2500 in price, which brings an extended warranty on the powertrain to 6 yr/100k (Check brakes, tires, fluids, filters, functionality, etc)

I knew the car was in mechanically good condition and wouldn't need any "once over" to make it certified after I checked the service history on the MyLexus Website. Coupled with Lexus proven reliability and reasonable maintenance cost, I declined the extra "once over" to COP the vehicle prior to picking it up.

I quietly researched for about a year prior to purchase remaining patient knowing what I wanted to spend, and consistently was seeing high 40ks to low 50ks for 2016s with mileage around 15k-35k.

I too was waiting for prices to go down to mid 40s or even lower, but I didn't want extremely high mileage either (still within warranty period).

This was the sweet spot for me as I still have a year left of warranty and/or up to 50k miles on the bumper to bumper warranty. Powertrain 2 more years and/or up to 70k miles.

Last edited by jallow33; 07-27-19 at 08:25 PM.