GS-F Used parts / Front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-19, 08:03 AM
xsteffano
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy GS-F Used parts / Front bumper

Hey Guys,

I managed to get front damaged GS-F and importing it from US to EU.
There is not as many GS-Fs in Europe as is in US so while I’m waiting for the car to be delivered, I have already started to look for some parts. I managed to find almost everything I need, except for the front mask - grille.

This is apparently huge issue, since the new one costs over 5k$ and I don’t know if I’m ready to spend so much money on it before I manage to get all of the other parts. So I decided I will try to look for either used one, or maybe some other alternative.

So I have few questions for you:

1) Do you guys have some used part websites or junkyards that I could try to reach in order to find the used part?
2) Is there any way the grille is the same size as the F-Sport grille? Maybe I could fit the F-Sport one before I find the GS-F one?
3) If F sport grill doesn’t fit into GSF bumper, I was thinking to get entire F Sport bumper, so I can finish building a car and replace the GSF bumper set later?
4) Maybe you have other suggestions of what I can do?

I own 2014 Lexus GS450h F-Sport and I don’t have yet the knowledge regarding the facelifted GS and GSF.
What are the differences between those two bumpers?

Will very much appreciate your help in this question.

P.S.: If there was some similar thread, apologies, I tried search, but couldn’t find anything that would answer my question.
Old 05-28-19, 06:14 PM
jonez
Pit Crew

Received 103 Likes on 59 Posts

You may want to ask about this over in the GS 4th Gen forums.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...onversion.html

The guy in this thread was working on swapping his GS front bumper/grille to a GS F, but it looks like he never updated it to say if he was successful or not. The consensus seems to be the swap will work but you may need a few additional pieces and may need to change the location of some hardware mounted behind it.

Funny enough I found your thread searching on bumpers, I had a huge piece of debris hit my front bumper over the weekend and I am now contemplating buying a new bumper cover, having it painted and clear wrapped and then putting it on.
Old 05-29-19, 06:16 AM
MasterWork
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Good luck with the revival, the front end parts for the GS-F are EXTREMELY expensive. You can search car-part.com, its a nationwide junkyard search engine that I use daily.
The following users liked this post:
xsteffano (06-03-19)
Old 05-31-19, 09:44 AM
songoku
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by MasterWork
Good luck with the revival, the front end parts for the GS-F are EXTREMELY expensive. You can search car-part.com, its a nationwide junkyard search engine that I use daily.

Chance of finding UNDAMAGED front end GSF in junkyard is EXTREMELY rare, maybe impossible. What is the chance of totaling GSF without front end hit? Flood/Fire damage?

Old 05-31-19, 12:06 PM
MasterWork
Rookie

Originally Posted by songoku
Chance of finding UNDAMAGED front end GSF in junkyard is EXTREMELY rare, maybe impossible. What is the chance of totaling GSF without front end hit? Flood/Fire damage?

You would actually be surprised, just about anything happens to the rear differential and you're already over a third of the vehicles total value simply off the list price of the differential. That is not taking into account axles / module / bushings / driveshaft. Our differential carries a list price of $28,501.79 / Right axle is $910.06 / Left Axle is $869.90 / Driveshaft is $1121.43 / Subframe is $1414.88.

Some insurance companies would rather total a vehicle out rather than deal with potential future issues that may arise. When it comes to these new generation Turbo charged BMWs; any hit or punctures to the intercooler are deemed automatic total loss because they don't want to deal with the can of worms that can come about from a shard of metal making its way to the intake side.

Going off of that its plausible that any of the coolers being damages in the front plus circumstances of the accident may unfortunately lead to a salvage title simply because the thought process was "ehhh lets not even deal with it"

Last edited by MasterWork; 05-31-19 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-01-19, 05:01 AM
MercuryISF
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a used gsf black chrome surround for grill.
The following users liked this post:
xsteffano (06-03-19)
Old 06-03-19, 01:13 AM
xsteffano
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jonez
You may want to ask about this over in the GS 4th Gen forums.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...onversion.html

The guy in this thread was working on swapping his GS front bumper/grille to a GS F, but it looks like he never updated it to say if he was successful or not. The consensus seems to be the swap will work but you may need a few additional pieces and may need to change the location of some hardware mounted behind it.

Funny enough I found your thread searching on bumpers, I had a huge piece of debris hit my front bumper over the weekend and I am now contemplating buying a new bumper cover, having it painted and clear wrapped and then putting it on.
Thanks for the info, but Im not swapping. i have front damaged 2019 GSF
Old 06-03-19, 01:15 AM
xsteffano
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MasterWork
Perfect. Thanks. Thats what I needed
I managed to get the Grille from japanese auction.
The bumper and fenders are just fine to get.

Im more worried about the headlight. Apparently the US one has only one module and EU and JDM has 2 modules. So Im wondering what is the reason
Old 06-03-19, 01:29 AM
xsteffano
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MercuryISF
I have a used gsf black chrome surround for grill.
I just got entire grill assembly including the badge. Thank you!
Old 06-03-19, 04:32 PM
MasterWork
Rookie

The front bumper is one of the cheapest things on our front ends though, $440 list price