GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Electronic Parking Brake Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-22 | 06:18 AM
gustavette
2nd gear

Originally Posted by rclfast
I replaced rear brakes yesterday on my 2015 NX200t F Sport. Part of this entails removing the electronic parking brake contraption. Anyway, after putting everything together "Electronic Parking Brake Malfunction" comes on. The car drives fine, brakes work well but this warning light is on. Should I do what is suggested, going through each step? Or, should I do something else?

Thanks very much in advance for any help.
I have the exact same problem on my 2017 NX200T. How did you solve your issue? Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
lexusnx200t (10-10-23)
Old 07-20-22 | 04:21 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by gustavette
Great info...
a) Will the above work for a 2017 NX200T?
b) Can you explain in more detail the following step:
(d) Perform both of the following procedures within 8 seconds:
(1) Perform the following with the electric parking brake switch twice: lock condition → off → release condition → off. (does this mean I press the button down 2 times in a row, then pull it up 2 times in row?)
(2) Perform the following with the brake pedal: depress → release → depress → release.(does this mean I press the brake pedal twice?)

Thank you.
In a word, no, it will not work.
Old 09-25-22 | 05:11 PM
Bombkid
2nd gear

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Ok, people are getting stranded by this thing after a simple battery change. Here's what to do:

RESET PARKING BRAKE MEMORY without TECHSTREAM
(a) Turn the engine switch off.
(b) Using a shorting wire like a paper clip, connect terminals 13 (TC) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3.

(c) Turn the engine switch on (IG).
The parking brake indicator light (red) will blink rapidly at 0.25 second intervals.
(1) Perform the following with the electric parking brake switch twice: lock condition → off → release condition → off.
(2) Perform the following with the brake pedal: depress → release → depress → release.
(e) With the engine switch on (IG), disconnect the connection of terminals 13 (TC) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3.
(f) Check that the parking brake indicator light (red) blinks at 1 second intervals.
If terminal 13 (TC) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3 are not disconnected, the blinking pattern (1 second intervals) cannot be checked. If the parking brake indicator light (red) blinking pattern (1 second intervals) is confirmed, the clear procedure is completed. If not confirmed, repeat the procedures above.
ACQUIRE TENSION SENSOR ZERO POINT
After performing reset memory, perform the release control. Check that the parking brake indicator light turns off.
3 years later and this post saved my car from a dealership visit. Worked on a 2018 NX300h

Thank you so much!
lobuxracer (09-25-22)
Old 11-02-22 | 05:43 AM
imayzguy
7th Gear

Hi, I see Lobuxracer has mentioned the procedure to clear the malfunction. Does this procedure apply to a 2017 NX200T? I replaced my rear pads and didn’t have it in maintenance mode. After finishing I have a malfunction error. Rechecked connections and my work. I even snugged down the caliper using the 12pt torx then backed it off for a free spin.

if ever thing is functioning ok does the code clear itself or once it malfunctions, does it lock out until the code is cleared?

thank you everyone
Matt
Old 11-02-22 | 10:54 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Most codes like this need to be cleared. The NX uses a different procedure. You need to short the pins, then pull the switch to the lock (set) position 5 times.

Within 5 seconds after turning the engine switch on (IG), pull the electric parking brake switch (integration control and panel assembly) to the lock side 5 times.
drjture (08-28-24)
Old 11-02-22 | 11:30 AM
Bombkid
2nd gear

When I did the steps, it cleared out the malfunction error and it's been working fine ever since.
Old 11-02-22 | 01:16 PM
imayzguy
7th Gear

Default Parking brake malfunction reset

Most codes like this need to be cleared. The NX uses a different procedure. You need to short the pins, then pull the switch to the lock (set) position 5 times.

Within 5 seconds after turning the engine switch on (IG), pull the electric parking brake switch (integration control and panel assembly) to the lock side 5 times.
Hi Lobuxracer
Im not understanding or it’s not working. I shorted the two pins, turned the ignition on, pulled the park switch back (towards me) five times within five seconds and nothing happened. Lights are flashing etc. Am I doing this correctly? Help lol
Old 11-02-22 | 01:25 PM
imayzguy
7th Gear

Originally Posted by imayzguy
Hi Lobuxracer
Im not understanding or it’s not working. I shorted the two pins, turned the ignition on, pulled the park switch back (towards me) five times within five seconds and nothing happened. Lights are flashing etc. Am I doing this correctly? Help lol
Wait, is it pin 4 & 12 or 4 & 13?
Old 11-02-22 | 02:44 PM
imayzguy
7th Gear

Default Fixed - Parking Brake Malfunction

Originally Posted by imayzguy
Wait, is it pin 4 & 12 or 4 & 13?
Thank You both! It worked. I pinned 4 & 13!! Pulled the switch back five times! Whoosh big relief! Live and learn!

Big shout out to you guys!

Matt
6206privat (06-11-24)
Old 01-03-23 | 07:39 PM
Thoang30
1st Gear

Default EPB malfunction 2018 LC500

Ok, people are getting stranded by this thing after a simple battery change. Here's what to do:

(b) Using a shorting wire like a paper clip, connect terminals 13 (TC) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3.

The parking brake indicator light (red) will blink rapidly at 0.25 second intervals.
(1) Perform the following with the electric parking brake switch twice: lock condition → off → release condition → off.
(2) Perform the following with the brake pedal: depress → release → depress → release.
(e) With the engine switch on (IG), disconnect the connection of terminals 13 (TC) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3.
(f) Check that the parking brake indicator light (red) blinks at 1 second intervals.
If terminal 13 (TC) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3 are not disconnected, the blinking pattern (1 second intervals) cannot be checked. If the parking brake indicator light (red) blinking pattern (1 second intervals) is confirmed, the clear procedure is completed. If not confirmed, repeat the procedures above.
After performing reset memory, perform the release control. Check that the parking brake indicator light turns off.
Hi, I turned on my car today and I received the EPB malfunction message. Will this procedure clear the malfunction on a 2018 LC500?
Old 01-03-23 | 09:14 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by Thoang30
Hi, I turned on my car today and I received the EPB malfunction message. Will this procedure clear the malfunction on a 2018 LC500?
It should. The procedure is the same.
6206privat (06-11-24)
Old 04-01-23 | 07:04 AM
johnsnia
4th Gear

I tried this several times does not work on my 2015 nx 200t. I changed my brakes did recoil manually very easy to change but not have parking brake malfunctions, hold brake error. Any help, may just have to take to dealer to reset
Old 04-02-23 | 12:49 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by johnsnia
I tried this several times does not work on my 2015 nx 200t. I changed my brakes did recoil manually very easy to change but not have parking brake malfunctions, hold brake error. Any help, may just have to take to dealer to reset
It's unrealistic to expect this to work on a different model from a year before the GS F was released. Did you look in the NX forums for help?
Old 05-02-23 | 08:11 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Does anyone know what the new procedure is for the 21+ IS as I tried the initial guide on this multiple times and nothing. So I am assuming the procedure would be different now on this new IS with electronic parking brake. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-02-23 | 10:23 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

So I followed this procedure and finally got the red park light to come on and flash at the 1 second intervals, now how do I turn it off? Doing this method allowed me to get that red park light on and flashing as for the last two years after doing the BBK swap from gsf to my 21 is350 that light was never on. Did I do it right? Am I missing any additional steps needed after getting that light to flash now? I heard the electronic parking brake retract but now that light wont come off the dash.

Quick Reply: Electronic Parking Brake Malfunction