GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Electronic Parking Brake Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-24, 10:40 PM
Atomicpong
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 GS350 F Sport Emergency brake stuck with code C13ad, C13a6 and C13a8

I would like to share my experience when I unplugged the negative battery terminal to reset my son's car. It drove fine, but a month later the brake stuck. it had C13ad open in battery positive circuit,
13a6 open or short circuit in motor, and C13a8 tension sensor malfunction. I called two mobile mechanics, but none of them could figure out what happened. After doing some research for a week,
I found out it is an easy fix, I scanned for DTC code and cleared everything that came up then released the brake switch.
Old 06-09-24, 08:37 PM
Atomicpong
2nd gear

My son's car 2015 GS350 F Sport got one old code after the previous codes went down. C13ad open B+ circuit. I took it the dealer. The technician told me the fuse link brown up. The dealer will to charge me $750 to replace it..
Instead of let them do it for me, I ordered the fuse for $31 and save $500. However, they charge me $250 for their diagnose. Parking brake fuse is #28, it come in a set of three 27, 28 and 29. It is 30 amp fuse
locate in the engine compartment driver side (blue color). It called fuse link part number 90982-08301.
Old 07-07-24, 03:19 PM
Double
2nd gear

Default EPB issue

Originally Posted by TrevorR
So last week my cars battery was dead and I had to manually release the parking brake to be able to push the car out of my garage since it was nose in.. So I jump started my car and now the car has the message "Emergency Parking brake malfunction". The emergency parking brake doesn't work. I'm assuming this is because I had to manually release the parking brake. Does anyone know how to reset the system? Nearest Lexus dealership is 88 miles away. I don't really want to make the trip just to reset it...

I spoke with the master technician there over the phone and explained what I did and he said that it just needs to be reset because I manually released the parking brake.

Any advice? I looked in the manual and it says to visit the dealer.... I'm mechanically inclined so if I have to crawl under the car I will. Any help appreciated!

Edit: The battery was tested good btw, it just was low on charge.
Hey brother I just had this issue on my 2017 GS 350 f sport
So I take it to the dealer and I had water in my trunk apparently this is an issue with Lexus GS so the water in my trunk shorted from what they say the module for the EPB it is currently at the dealership and I have not gotten a response check if your trunk leaks where your spare tire is as soon as I find out more I will post it on this thread
Old 08-12-24, 09:52 AM
Piper22740
1st Gear

Default 2019 rx450h

Will this be true of a 2019 450h?

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Ok, people are getting stranded by this thing after a simple battery change. Here's what to do:

RESET PARKING BRAKE MEMORY without TECHSTREAM
(a) Turn the engine switch off.
(b) Using a shorting wire like a paper clip, connect terminals 13 (TC) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3.

(c) Turn the engine switch on (IG).
The parking brake indicator light (red) will blink rapidly at 0.25 second intervals.
(d) Perform both of the following procedures within 8 seconds:
(1) Perform the following with the electric parking brake switch twice: lock condition → off → release condition → off.
(2) Perform the following with the brake pedal: depress → release → depress → release.
(e) With the engine switch on (IG), disconnect the connection of terminals 13 (TC) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3.
(f) Check that the parking brake indicator light (red) blinks at 1 second intervals.
If terminal 13 (TC) and 4 (CG) of the DLC3 are not disconnected, the blinking pattern (1 second intervals) cannot be checked. If the parking brake indicator light (red) blinking pattern (1 second intervals) is confirmed, the clear procedure is completed. If not confirmed, repeat the procedures above.
ACQUIRE TENSION SENSOR ZERO POINT
After performing reset memory, perform the release control. Check that the parking brake indicator light turns off.
Old 08-28-24, 11:33 AM
drjture
1st Gear

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Most codes like this need to be cleared. The NX uses a different procedure. You need to short the pins, then pull the switch to the lock (set) position 5 times.

Within 5 seconds after turning the engine switch on (IG), pull the electric parking brake switch (integration control and panel assembly) to the lock side 5 times.
I know this is an older thread, but I just wanted to confirm. I have a 2017 NX 200t and after I changed the rear brakes, the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. It would drive, but there were three flashing lights (hold, parking brake, etc) and the parking brake malfunction message dominating the dash.

I followed the steps listed, but instead of the first step after turning on the ignition, I pulled back on the manual brake button 5 times, followed by pressing the brake pedal on and off twice. Pulled the jumper paperclip from the DLC3 and poof, all lights gone and e parking brake works. Crazy.

many thanks to those posting these steps.