Headlight lens cracked

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-19, 12:01 PM
skhmund
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by N3M35IS
*UPDATE*

Lexus called me after i filed a complaint about this whole situation. The case manager that's handling my case is off today, so someone else called me to give me an update. she said there's notes written on this case stating lexus will not cover this under warranty. i asked for their reasoning and they said i have to wait until monday to get an explanation from the person handling this case.
This is terrible quality control on Lexus behalf. It made me paranoid so I checked mines and luckily I’m good, for now anyways. I hope it works out for you buddy!
Old 07-05-19, 12:11 PM
TrevorR
Intermediate

Received 129 Likes on 91 Posts

Saw this thread and checked my headlights, no cracks on mine.... Yet (Knock on wood).

Hope this gets resolved.
Old 07-05-19, 02:44 PM
Dukeaudio
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by TrevorR
Saw this thread and checked my headlights, no cracks on mine.... Yet (Knock on wood).

Hope this gets resolved.
I did too. Suspect we aren’t the only ones to do so...
Old 07-05-19, 03:13 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,953 Likes on 2,394 Posts

*UPDATE*

Lexus called me after i filed a complaint about this whole situation. The case manager that's handling my case is off today, so someone else called me to give me an update. she said there's notes written on this case stating lexus will not cover this under warranty. i asked for their reasoning and they said i have to wait until monday to get an explanation from the person handling this case.
Wow. That is really not what one would expect at all. Are you the original owner? Is there any accident history they could be claiming caused this?
Old 07-05-19, 04:28 PM
N3M35IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm the 2nd owner of this car. checked carfax before i bought the car and it came out clean. also inspected the vehicle and noticed no damages when i had it on the lift.
Old 07-05-19, 05:09 PM
N3M35IS
Driver School Candidate

As i sit here staring at my headlights trying to figure what could have caused this and i see another crack.. its in the daytime running light... but not on the lens.. it looks to be in the housing
Old 07-05-19, 05:12 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,953 Likes on 2,394 Posts

I suspect this car was in an accident not recorded by Carfax, and Lexus knows about it.
Old 07-06-19, 05:48 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Sorry to hear about this - do you know anyone with a paint meter gauge ? You could compare the front bumper cover to rest of the car to see if it was resprayed.
Old 07-06-19, 06:51 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,895 Likes on 1,336 Posts

N3M35IS you may want too visit the Lexus Drivers website here:

https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive...my-vehicles.do

Register and then enter your VIN, then go to "Service History"

Lou
Old 07-06-19, 07:16 PM
bklszl
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

As I stated in my previous comment, I had a crack in my DRL leds, but only on the drivers side. See the pictures below. There is a black spot in the L stripe. Do you see anything like this when you switch on the DRLs?

Old 07-08-19, 09:37 AM
N3M35IS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
Sorry to hear about this - do you know anyone with a paint meter gauge ? You could compare the front bumper cover to rest of the car to see if it was resprayed.
I have a guy that can check this for me eventhough I'm pretty sure they checked this before they sold me the car but I'll ask them to check it for me.

Originally Posted by flowrider
N3M35IS you may want too visit the Lexus Drivers website here:

https://drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrive...my-vehicles.do

Register and then enter your VIN, then go to "Service History"

Lou
Been trying to input my vin but nothing happens. Not sure if service is down or something is up with this vin.

Originally Posted by bklszl
As I stated in my previous comment, I had a crack in my DRL leds, but only on the drivers side. See the pictures below. There is a black spot in the L stripe. Do you see anything like this when you switch on the DRLs?

I dont have that black spot at the moment. Maybe if this gets worse, it will end up looking like that.
Old 07-08-19, 11:37 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,895 Likes on 1,336 Posts

Been trying to input my vin but nothing happens. Not sure if service is down or something is up with this vin.
Just tried the site and it's working for me.

Lou
Old 07-12-19, 03:45 PM
N3M35IS
Driver School Candidate

so after a week of going back and forth with lexus corp. they said they will not cover it under warranty because of the physical damage (crack) of it and also because its not on the sealed area. so i'm thinking of replacing it myself and selling the car now. it sucks because this was my 1st lexus and i love driving this thing but when it comes to service, i don't think i would want to buy another lexus again.
Old 07-12-19, 06:20 PM
Dukeaudio
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 81 Posts

so after a week of going back and forth with lexus corp. they said they will not cover it under warranty because of the physical damage (crack) of it and also because its not on the sealed area. so i'm thinking of replacing it myself and selling the car now. it sucks because this was my 1st lexus and i love driving this thing but when it comes to service, i don't think i would want to buy another lexus again.
If you’d like, pm me your VIN and i can check Lexus Drivers site for you.
Old 07-12-19, 06:26 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Come to think of it - I do remember seeing an Atomic for sale in the San Francisco area and reading the Lexus Drivers history.

Customer noted cracking in the headlights and Lexus noted it was not covered under warranty because of prior damage.

You can also PM me your VIN and I can check that site for you.

Quick Reply: Headlight lens cracked