GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

My new mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-20, 05:49 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by 1wacko
Can't find anybody that makes the tunes, but maybe something will come up end of the year as RR Racing and others are working on it, as I've been told.
Honestly? I gave up on a tune a long time ago.
Us Middle East owners will probably never see the light of day. They are yet to find a tune for my ex GS460... fat chance they will for our Middle East Spec GSF's.
The following users liked this post:
1wacko (08-11-20)
Old 08-11-20, 07:41 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by designo
Honestly? I gave up on a tune a long time ago.
Us Middle East owners will probably never see the light of day. They are yet to find a tune for my ex GS460... fat chance they will for our Middle East Spec GSF's.
Surpised the Team over at Ekanoo Racing hasn't applied their science..

Joe Z
The following 2 users liked this post by Joe Z:
1wacko (08-11-20), designo (08-11-20)
Old 08-11-20, 09:48 AM
1wacko
Intermediate

Received 186 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Surpised the Team over at Ekanoo Racing hasn't applied their science..

Joe Z
Kanoo Performance is in Bahrain and I'm in Saudi, but it is a good idea, and I need to give them a call and check with them, but borders are still closed because of covid, but definitely I'll check with them.
Thanks for the advice.

Last edited by 1wacko; 08-11-20 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-17-20, 10:37 AM
1wacko
Intermediate

Default Big thanks to PPE - Paul Prentis

I just want to recognize and give a big thank you to Paul Prentis from PPE for his support and for his great customer service.

I did have some issues with the installation of the headers unfortunately, and it was not because of PPE, but because of the original installer that did the install of my new headers and did not even check the installation guides properly. They actually installed the O2 sensors in the wrong place and in addition destroyed almost my dipstick tube and installed it without an O-ring. After driving the car the first day, I had the engine light come on, and I had to take the car back to them, and they told me I have to live with the light on. I did not buy what they told me, because I did an extensive research, and I was sure that the headers should not give any CELs; therefore I took the car to another installer that was recommended to me by a friend, and upon inspecting the work the first installer did, they found out that the dip stick tube is leaking oil and it is almost destroyed due to wrong bending and was put in without an O-ring to seal it properly. In addition, the extenders were installed in a hodge podge manner (by the way the original installer specialty is headers and exhausts and they mainly work on expensive cars such as german, italian, lexuses and others).

I got in contact with PPE and explained the problem in my email to them, and I got immediately a reply from Paul Prentis. He was really helpful and supported me from the get go. I sent him the CEL error codes as per his request, and he again immediately figured out that the O2 90 extenders were installed on the wrong part, which were the headers, and they needed to be installed on the mid pipe. He also sent me all of the installation guides and all of the information needed to get the installation correct. The new installer got the dipstick tube installed properly with a proper O-ring and exchanged the position of the 90 O2 extenders to the mid-pipe. The car is now 3-4 days without an engine light based on Paul's advise and support. I will also buy a new pre-bent dip stick tube and have the new installer reinstall the new tube to ensure that it won't give me trouble in the future.

Again thanks Paul Prentis-PPE for all of your help and support and for the great customer service, though I'm more than 9,000 miles away. This is what makes companies great.

Apologies for the long post, but I needed to recognize great people that go out of their way to help their customers, specially during these difficult times too.
The following 4 users liked this post by 1wacko:
ArticKnght (10-12-20), designo (08-18-20), F1nALMSfan (07-28-21), Meraki Autoworks (08-17-20)
Old 08-17-20, 10:44 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

I just want to recognize and give a big thank you to Paul Prentis from PPE for his support and for his great customer service.

I did have some issues with the installation of the headers unfortunately, and it was not because of PPE, but because of the original installer that did the install of my new headers and did not even check the installation guides properly. They actually installed the O2 sensors in the wrong place and in addition destroyed almost my dipstick tube and installed it without an O-ring. After driving the car the first day, I had the engine light come on, and I had to take the car back to them, and they told me I have to live with the light on. I did not buy what they told me, because I did an extensive research, and I was sure that the headers should not give any CELs; therefore I took the car to another installer that was recommended to me by a friend, and upon inspecting the work the first installer did, they found out that the dip stick tube is leaking oil and it is almost destroyed due to wrong bending and was put in without an O-ring to seal it properly. In addition, the extenders were installed in a hodge podge manner (by the way the original installer specialty is headers and exhausts and they mainly work on expensive cars such as german, italian, lexuses and others).

I got in contact with PPE and explained the problem in my email to them, and I got immediately a reply from Paul Prentis. He was really helpful and supported me from the get go. I sent him the CEL error codes as per his request, and he again immediately figured out that the O2 90 extenders were installed on the wrong part, which were the headers, and they needed to be installed on the mid pipe. He also sent me all of the installation guides and all of the information needed to get the installation correct. The new installer got the dipstick tube installed properly with a proper O-ring and exchanged the position of the 90 O2 extenders to the mid-pipe. The car is now 3-4 days without an engine light based on Paul's advise and support. I will also buy a new pre-bent dip stick tube and have the new installer reinstall the new tube to ensure that it won't give me trouble in the future.

Again thanks Paul Prentis-PPE for all of your help and support and for the great customer service, though I'm more than 9,000 miles away. This is what makes companies great.

Apologies for the long post, but I needed to recognize great people that go out of their way to help their customers, specially during these difficult times too.
Thats why we love working with PPE. Great products and customer service.

Glad you got it worked out and don't have a blown engine.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
1wacko (08-17-20)
Old 08-17-20, 10:46 AM
1wacko
Intermediate

Definitely, thanks God. I would be devastated.

Thanks Josh also for your usual support and help.
Old 08-17-20, 10:47 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

this was a good post, glad you had this figured out, so you didnt get a tune yet from RR since they are still working on 2018? I am want to get headers too but not sure its worth it without tune? I am talking about gains

1wacko (08-17-20)
Old 08-17-20, 11:01 AM
1wacko
Intermediate

Originally Posted by UZ214
this was a good post, glad you had this figured out, so you didnt get a tune yet from RR since they are still working on 2018? I am want to get headers too but not sure its worth it without tune? I am talking about gains
No, they do not, I sent them an email a week ago and they unfortunately do not have a tune so far for the 2018 GSFs. I would definitely prefer a tune, but I do not mind not having it to be honest and hopefully they will have something for the 2018 soon. Regarding the headers, they are awesome and you can feel the power immediately after the install. Low and mid range have totally improved positively, and you do not feel there is a gap anymore when you want to go fast. The sound is also fantastic and more exotic now. If you do not like the car loud then you will need a valved exhaust such as PPEs, RR Racing, Invedia or others to be able to switch between low and high exhaust note. For me, I do not mind the high note and just love the growl and the exotic sound of the car. If you decide to get headers, just be careful where you do the install and ensure they are fit and able to do it correctly.
Old 08-17-20, 01:26 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

this was very helpful, I have a 2019 and don’t mind the exhaust note of the car. I want to get headers but do not want a CEL on a almost brand new car but seems like if the install is good it’s worth it.
thanks again! Post some sounds clips!

No, they do not, I sent them an email a week ago and they unfortunately do not have a tune so far for the 2018 GSFs. I would definitely prefer a tune, but I do not mind not having it to be honest and hopefully they will have something for the 2018 soon. Regarding the headers, they are awesome and you can feel the power immediately after the install. Low and mid range have totally improved positively, and you do not feel there is a gap anymore when you want to go fast. The sound is also fantastic and more exotic now. If you do not like the car loud then you will need a valved exhaust such as PPEs, RR Racing, Invedia or others to be able to switch between low and high exhaust note. For me, I do not mind the high note and just love the growl and the exotic sound of the car. If you decide to get headers, just be careful where you do the install and ensure they are fit and able to do it correctly.
1wacko (08-17-20)
Old 08-17-20, 01:29 PM
1wacko
Intermediate

Originally Posted by UZ214
this was very helpful, I have a 2019 and don’t mind the exhaust note of the car. I want to get headers but do not want a CEL on a almost brand new car but seems like if the install is good it’s worth it.
thanks again! Post some sounds clips!
will do soon post sound clips.
Old 08-18-20, 12:19 AM
designo
Pole Position

I'm so happy all worked out Wacko.
Enjoy her in good health.

Waiting for the videos
1wacko (08-18-20)
Old 08-19-20, 04:19 AM
1wacko
Intermediate

Default 500+ HP 2018 GSF with PTS JoeZ exhaust and EL PPE headers sound clip

500+ HP 2018 GSF with PTS JoeZ exhaust and EL PPE headers sound clip (this was in normal mode). It's a short cell phone clip and it was cut off at the end. I think it was a little bit too loud for the phone ;-).

The car feels solid and pulls fast at any speed with no hesitation. So far, after adjusting the 90 O2 extenders to the mid pipe, there are no CELs in all modes, though I'm still babying the car in sport+ mode and tried it for a little bit with no hard pulls. I just want to make sure all is well before I do any hard pulls in sport+. I did a few pulls in sport mode, and all is well; the exhaust and the headers just transfer the car to another level.
Meraki Autoworks (08-19-20)
Old 08-19-20, 05:45 AM
designo
Pole Position

Trust me, wacko, it's gonna pull harder and harder as you drive her more.
The DME's are going to adapt accordingly.
1wacko (08-19-20)
Old 08-19-20, 05:46 AM
designo
Pole Position

PS:

Does Riyadh have 98+ octane fuel?
Old 08-19-20, 05:48 AM
1wacko
Intermediate

Originally Posted by designo
PS:

Does Riyadh have 98+ octane fuel?
No buddy, only 95, and according to RR Racing it’s similar to 93 in the States I think.

Quick Reply: My new mods