GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Is US spec downgraded?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-19, 10:48 AM
bibika027
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NotnFsport
I have asked so many US Lexus Corp guys and no one can give me an answer. I think it is insane that all countries except the US get those features. What kills me the most is the GS350 in the US market has the option for "luxury" which comes with those said items. Thanks Lexus USA...you suck!! Lol.
Heated steering wheel,rear heated seats,sun shades,rear arm rest control thing, auto trunk open and close, forged carbon option...
I mean these things come in the GS,which is cheaper than the GS-F,so,pardon me, how stupid do you have to be to say "they won't buy/want it". Give me that option to decide what I want my car to have, since Im paying for the car.
P.S.I know these options wont make any weather in the GS-F, but why not, right? If I have money and I want it then Ill buy it, that why its called an option.
Idk guys, but sometimes, it seems to me that people who represent car manufactures in the US are idiots.
The following users liked this post:
1wacko (10-06-19)
Old 10-06-19, 02:44 PM
TrevorR
Intermediate

Received 129 Likes on 91 Posts

Could it be because of pricing? They probably knew that the listed US MSRP was already pushing it and adding these features would increase the price to $90k++

Stupid for Lexus not to include these features on the US GSF but I think there has to be some logistic reasoning.
Old 10-07-19, 02:43 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 468 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by NotnFsport

more research I found various two tone option interior is for the Japanese market and possibly Asia only
That's correct, this combo above is the only 2 tone we have available to us here.
Old 10-07-19, 02:44 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 468 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by TrevorR
Could it be because of pricing? They probably knew that the listed US MSRP was already pushing it and adding these features would increase the price to $90k++

Stupid for Lexus not to include these features on the US GSF but I think there has to be some logistic reasoning.
I agree 100%
Prices in the US are amazing, prices here start at 100k, and we pay only 5% import tax on cars.