GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Mid-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-19 | 11:33 PM
designo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gsfmike
I have the apexi midpipe. If you want to bring out the v8 sound, you definitely need to pair it with an axelback. Apexi midpipe with stock exhaust was too quiet for me. I currently have mines paired with a Tanabe axelback and it sounds great. I and plan on selling the apexi midpipe to get the Gthaus midpipe because I want that obnoxiously loud sound lol.
Interesting, my car's ex owner offered to sell me his apexi midpipe, but I'm hesitant. I really don't want rasp.
Old 10-11-19 | 07:58 AM
RATEDF
Driver

Originally Posted by gsfmike
I have the apexi midpipe. If you want to bring out the v8 sound, you definitely need to pair it with an axelback. Apexi midpipe with stock exhaust was too quiet for me. I currently have mines paired with a Tanabe axelback and it sounds great. I and plan on selling the apexi midpipe to get the Gthaus midpipe because I want that obnoxiously loud sound lol.
I'll be interested in the apexi midpipe when you are ready to sell it.
Old 10-11-19 | 09:33 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by designo
Actually you are right, my bad.
But it doesn't trigger a fault, I believe only the pre O2 sensors do which is why headers can trigger it, am I right?
Actually no. The forward sensor senses and the aft sensor measures the difference. If the ECU doesn't like the reading of the aft sensor you get a CEL.

Lou
The following users liked this post:
NotnFsport (01-30-21)
Old 02-06-20 | 10:51 PM
Irob
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by robert2423
I am debating between the gthaus meisterschaft and the apexi mid pipe.
I think i prefer the sound of the gthaus, does any one with this midpipe have any CEL, or issues with passing emissions? What one do you guys prefer?
I have the GT haus mid pipe on my RCF and actually there are two 02 sensors one on each side rite after the headers (don’t believe me google gt haus mid pipe RCF ) that easy , you can see the two bungs welded at the front for sensors . I also never have failed an emissions test ever here in Texas . Nor does it drone at normal driving under 3500 to 4000 rpm at all , it has a small resonator in the middle and sounds like you’d expect an expensive after market mid pipe to sound like haha . I don’t know why other people that don’t even have this mid pipe think they know . I love how my car sounds and if it’s too loud I close my electronic valves which makes it sound super quite almost stock because I drive like an idiot at full throttle when I can . There is very little to complain about beside the cost and sometimes the wait depending if they have it in stock . Other wise it will always put a smile on your face when you cold start open valve on a day off work waking up all your neighbors
Old 02-07-20 | 07:01 PM
jonez
Pit Crew

You can't go wrong with the Meisterschaft mid-pipe. Barely any drone but you can tell your exhaust is louder. In my opinion it's how the car should have sounded factory. It increases the sound and deepness of the exhaust. I've made several youtube videos comparing it to stock in almost identical distances/driving routes, see for yourself. (youtube compressed the audio so not as good as what's on my computer)
The following 2 users liked this post by jonez:
1wacko (02-07-20), Irob (02-08-20)
Old 02-08-20 | 07:21 AM
Irob
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jonez
You can't go wrong with the Meisterschaft mid-pipe. Barely any drone but you can tell your exhaust is louder. In my opinion it's how the car should have sounded factory. It increases the sound and deepness of the exhaust. I've made several youtube videos comparing it to stock in almost identical distances/driving routes, see for yourself. (youtube compressed the audio so not as good as what's on my computer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SzYpILO6lA&t=9s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPDS4Cvuo7w&t=1s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVG1_8HQA-A
you should get the exhaust too it will put a smile on your face , I love mine . With both mid pipe and exhaust I get so many looks from muscle cars like what the F . They can’t believe my car is louder than theirs half the time lol . Plus with the valves closed it sounds just like yours does .

Old 02-08-20 | 08:30 AM
Irob
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by robert2423
I am debating between the gthaus meisterschaft and the apexi mid pipe.
I think i prefer the sound of the gthaus, does any one with this midpipe have any CEL, or issues with passing emissions? What one do you guys prefer?
The following 2 users liked this post by Irob:
1wacko (02-08-20), robert2423 (06-14-20)
Old 02-08-20 | 09:55 AM
jonez
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Irob
you should get the exhaust too it will put a smile on your face , I love mine . With both mid pipe and exhaust I get so many looks from muscle cars like what the F . They can’t believe my car is louder than theirs half the time lol . Plus with the valves closed it sounds just like yours does .
Full Meisterschaft is just nasty, meanest sounding exhaust hands down to me.

I was close to going full meisterschaft. My choice for full cat back exhausts was novel -> RR Racing Bazooka -> Meisterschaft. Novel just wasn’t worth the price to me and at the the time I got the Meisterschaft mid pipe the Bazooka wasn’t available for GSF yet, only RCF.

When I got my PPE EL headers the Bazooka became available for GSF too so I got them in a bundle deal. I still have the Meisterschaft mid pipe packed up in my basement, I should probably get around to selling it.
The following users liked this post:
Irob (02-08-20)
Old 06-13-20 | 05:10 PM
rexio83
Pit Crew

Hey guys, can't stop laughing at myself, looking for opinions.
Bought my gsf last year, 2016 with 1500miles, drove it for a bit and decided to jump on the ppe sale a couple months ago and ordered their midpipe.
Had it shipped to my brother in New Jersey still haven't picked it up due to the border closing.
Just now decided to jack up the car to get an idea of the working room for a diy , only to find the previous owner installed an apexi midpipe already 😀.
I haven't heard other gsf before, so assumed mine was stock.
Any way, not a bad problem to have, I have to decide whether its worth the trouble to switch to ppe once I finally pick it up, the quality of the apexi looks really good, as I m sure ppe is too.
From what I read the ppe is a bit lauder, is it?
Any power advantages to either, or just sound difference?
Both are resonated.

Last edited by rexio83; 06-13-20 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-08-20 | 06:28 AM
nigel821
Racer

Arrow

Appreciate the info and videos. I can't seem to just find the GThaus mid pipe install on the RCF side, people normally do the entire exhaust. When you say barely any drone how much drone and at what RPM's condition? I initially wanted to get the Invidia catback exhaust for my 2020 RCF. Everyone said there was no drone and it can be quiet when it needs to be but louder when you want to get on it, which is probably great for me. What I'm not 100% keen on is the s/s mufflers that you see (I like the black oem look of what lexus does and you only see the silver tail pipe tips). And then there is the gasket issue. Many people reported that the Invidia gaskets are junk and blow out, while others have no problems. Looks like the Meisterchaft midpipe would utilize all stock OEM gaskets. The quality has to be there as well, as it looks like a really well made mid pipe.

I just want something that brings out some rumble in the RCF, no drone. I want to be able to drive around and not draw a ton of attention like my catless turbo back exhaust on my STi that after 20 minutes you have to wear earplugs because of how loud it is and drone.

Your videos don't make it seem like the midpipe is a crazy loud thing. I don't want to hack up my stock exhaust and cutting or welding anything. Ideally, unbolt stock midpipe, and bolt in new midpipe section and hopefully have a smile on my face from starting/driving the car.

Thanks,
-Nigel
Old 12-08-20 | 11:18 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

drone is subjective, there are times where I wish my GT haus mid pipe would **** because its loud and I don’t want to hear any exhaust sound. I am tired and exhausted and just want a nice quiet ride. Those days I don’t drive the GSF, there are days where I want the gsf to scream.
I have countless people stop me and ask what car is this what mods I am running and how amazing it sounds. Even a guy with the rr bazoka superchargered rcf told me how throaty and aMazing the car sounds. It pops and cracks on fast shifts.

i wrote this before the drone sound mainly would come from the mid pipe hitting the heat shield and brace. There is less than a inch of clearance between them. My exhaust shop spend about 30 mins adjusting it so it doesn’t hit either brace or the heat shield.
I have no drone but it’s louder than Ppe / apexi with headers or RR. So I guess depends how loud you want to go. I am running it with greddy exhaust.
I had the exhaust come in before and it barely made any difference in the sounds from oem exhaust. like 0 difference, i think the axle back exhausts are mostly for looks, as I could feel no difference in sound or power. I don’t know if even the mid pipe gave me any additional power. I think we need headers for that.

Originally Posted by nigel821
Appreciate the info and videos. I can't seem to just find the GThaus mid pipe install on the RCF side, people normally do the entire exhaust. When you say barely any drone how much drone and at what RPM's condition? I initially wanted to get the Invidia catback exhaust for my 2020 RCF. Everyone said there was no drone and it can be quiet when it needs to be but louder when you want to get on it, which is probably great for me. What I'm not 100% keen on is the s/s mufflers that you see (I like the black oem look of what lexus does and you only see the silver tail pipe tips). And then there is the gasket issue. Many people reported that the Invidia gaskets are junk and blow out, while others have no problems. Looks like the Meisterchaft midpipe would utilize all stock OEM gaskets. The quality has to be there as well, as it looks like a really well made mid pipe.

I just want something that brings out some rumble in the RCF, no drone. I want to be able to drive around and not draw a ton of attention like my catless turbo back exhaust on my STi that after 20 minutes you have to wear earplugs because of how loud it is and drone.

Your videos don't make it seem like the midpipe is a crazy loud thing. I don't want to hack up my stock exhaust and cutting or welding anything. Ideally, unbolt stock midpipe, and bolt in new midpipe section and hopefully have a smile on my face from starting/driving the car.

Thanks,
-Nigel

Last edited by UZ214; 12-08-20 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-08-20 | 11:54 PM
ArticKnght
Advanced

When you did the video in the interior of the car, did you have the ASC turned on or off?
Old 12-09-20 | 09:17 AM
ScatmanATL
Pit Crew

Full Meisterschaft is just nasty, meanest sounding exhaust hands down to me.

I was close to going full meisterschaft. My choice for full cat back exhausts was novel -> RR Racing Bazooka -> Meisterschaft. Novel just wasn’t worth the price to me and at the the time I got the Meisterschaft mid pipe the Bazooka wasn’t available for GSF yet, only RCF.

When I got my PPE EL headers the Bazooka became available for GSF too so I got them in a bundle deal. I still have the Meisterschaft mid pipe packed up in my basement, I should probably get around to selling it.
I would be interested in purchasing this from you. One question to confirm from the videos you posted; In the 2nd video you posted from the rear view w/ revs, is the only mod on your exhaust at that time the GT Haus midpipe?
Old 01-29-21 | 09:29 AM
adr7090
Rookie

Thanks for your post. It helps a lot to decide on which one to choose as I am still on the fence between the APEXI resonated vs GTHaus. Your input would be great if you have time.
Thanks
Old 01-29-21 | 10:14 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

GTHAUS is lot louder than the Apexi, we can answer your questions for the midpipe and are dealers for both. Feel free to reach out with questions.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: Mid-pipe