GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Another Dealer FAIL

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-19, 05:12 PM
MoarLow
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BKGSF
That's really terrible, OP. Unacceptable, really. BTW, why was the oil level low? Is it because they put in an incorrect amount (HUGE mistake) thinking it was a regular GS model or they didn't touch the oil in which case your car might be burning oil?
The posts above said the oil wasn't changed which means the car may be burning oil.
The following users liked this post:
hillsnow (11-11-19)
Old 11-10-19, 05:29 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 552 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by hillsnow
Thanks for the responses. I was planning to call the service manager the other day but he called me first actually. He said he had spoken with Pohanka Lexus and told me he was very sorry. He said there was not much else he could say since he knew his department had let me down and it was unacceptable since the trust relationship is gone now. He said the F cars are the only cars in the lineup that require an oil change every 5,000 miles (is that correct?) and the Service Advisor at Richmond did not know that was the case. I said that is a big problem of course... Nonetheless, he said he added a free $225 full detailing to my account and I can use it at the dealership whenever I want. It was the least he could do -- still, I won't be bringing my car back for service at Lexus of Richmond in the future.
I would never allow a dealer to detail my car.
Old 11-10-19, 02:10 PM
blueNblack
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So, question about the oil. I also am having doubts about my current dealership's competence from my recent visit. Besides the fuel pump starting to moan since my 15k service, they told me they used 0w20 oil. I didn't mention it at first because I wanted to confirm, but the correct weight for our cars is 5w30 right? I don't know if I should bring this up but I feel like they would just respond with some excuse where it doesn't matter. To me, the manual clearly states GSF is 5w30. They used conventional. Since I am heading back for the fuel pump issue, I do want to bring it up but if I just can't trust them to do a simple oil change, what else would they screw up?
Old 11-11-19, 07:36 AM
stevesands
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have an ES or RX, Lexus will provide exceptional service. If you are into performance cars, well, you're on your own. I have written about this before. Lexus doesn't give an F about F.

Add Knoxville Lexus to the list of providers of putrid F service.
Old 11-11-19, 07:49 AM
NotFSport
Pit Crew

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by charley95
I would never allow a dealer to detail my car.
I've heard mixed input from people on this. Most car enthusiasts know not to let them wash your car, as it will always do more harm than good.

But a friend of mine worked as a detailer at a Mercedes dealership here in FL many years ago and said the detail work was completely different from regular complementary washes. They took great care in the work and were able to take their time and use top notch products along with a nice DA orbital and clay-bar to do a full professional detail. Now that all may be moot if they start it off with the same garbage level swirl-inducing washing process, but are we sure a "full detail" won't actually get you Lexus-level service?
Old 11-11-19, 08:15 AM
stevesands
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NotFSport
Now that all may be moot if they start it off with the same garbage level swirl-inducing washing process, but are we sure a "full detail" won't actually get you Lexus-level service?
I got a ride in the GX of a Lexus dealer GM:

Me: Wow. This car is immaculate. Do you detail it yourself?
Him: No. There's a guy two streets over from me that does it.

So even Lexus people don't let Lexus people detail.
Old 11-11-19, 11:13 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,473 Posts

Originally Posted by blueNblack
So, question about the oil. I also am having doubts about my current dealership's competence from my recent visit. Besides the fuel pump starting to moan since my 15k service, they told me they used 0w20 oil. I didn't mention it at first because I wanted to confirm, but the correct weight for our cars is 5w30 right? I don't know if I should bring this up but I feel like they would just respond with some excuse where it doesn't matter. To me, the manual clearly states GSF is 5w30. They used conventional. Since I am heading back for the fuel pump issue, I do want to bring it up but if I just can't trust them to do a simple oil change, what else would they screw up?
Yes, 5w-30 is the specified weight and 0w-20 is not right. It's too light for the clearances in this engine. A 0w-30 would be fine, but the 20 part is just too light. It should be drained and filled with the proper weight if you want to avoid excessive wear.
Old 11-13-19, 04:16 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,231 Likes on 1,450 Posts

$225 full detailing is some BS. They will probably scratch interior and exterior panels, I would never trust that dealership with anything. How about just sending you a check for the money instead.
Old 11-13-19, 06:20 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 552 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
$225 full detailing is some BS. They will probably scratch interior and exterior panels, I would never trust that dealership with anything. How about just sending you a check for the money instead.
Let alone wash the car. Big white sheet of paper is stuck to my dash written in a Sharpie "DO NOT WASH CAR" when visiting the dealer.