My GSF with RR Racing Valvetronic Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-20, 11:47 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,398 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by gsfwhite88
Woww, this sounds amazing!!

I have recently purchased a GS F certified and looking for exhaust mods. Did you remove the secondary cats to install this?
I believe we spoke this morning but for the record, we offer this system as both an Axleback (does not touch Cats) or as a Catback (eliminating or upgrading the Secondary Cats to High Flow.

Last edited by RRRacing; 05-30-22 at 02:03 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by RRRacing:
1wacko (04-06-20), AdamKTexas (04-14-21), designo (05-09-20), gsfwhite88 (04-06-20)
Old 04-06-20, 06:04 PM
skhmund
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
I believe we spoke this morning but for the record, we offer this system as both an Axleback (does not touch Cats) or as a Catback (eliminating or upgrading the Secondary Cats to High Flow). Secondary Cats are not monitored/read by the ECU so no CELs.
Prices for both options?
Old 04-07-20, 06:12 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,398 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by skhmund
Prices for both options?
https://www.rr-racing.com/category-s/243.htm

Please shoot us an email for shipping rates and availability - contact@rr-racing.com
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 04-07-20, 05:24 PM
aus10li
Rookie

Received 45 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gsfwhite88
Woww, this sounds amazing!!

I have recently purchased a GS F certified and looking for exhaust mods. Did you remove the secondary cats to install this?
Yes, the exhaust is a full catback

Last edited by aus10li; 04-07-20 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-29-20, 11:10 AM
kbot415
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

What a wonderful addition! I've been eyeballing the RR Racing bazookas for a while now and your clip really got me intrigued again.
I've got a few questions, if you don't mind.
1) Where is the wiring to the electronic valves connected? What power source is recommended? I'm sure a module or relay box also needs to be mounted, if so, where?
2) Is the only control for the valves from the keyfob, or is an interior button/switch possible/included?

Thanks in advance.
The following users liked this post:
aus10li (04-30-20)
Old 04-29-20, 12:18 PM
1A1
Instructor

Received 303 Likes on 209 Posts

How is drone with the valves closed? Are you running high flow cats?

Steve
Old 04-30-20, 07:26 AM
aus10li
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1A1

Steve
No drone at all. Nope, full exhaust. Midpipe and mufflers
Old 04-30-20, 07:27 AM
aus10li
Rookie

Yes, relay box in the trunk and yes only control for valves is on the keyfob. Not sure on possibility of an interior button or switch
Old 04-30-20, 07:30 AM
aus10li
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1A1

Steve
Yes, relay box in the trunk and yes only control for valves is on the keyfob. Not sure on possibility of an interior button or switch
Old 04-30-20, 07:30 AM
aus10li
Rookie

Clip #2:

The following 2 users liked this post by aus10li:
1wacko (04-30-20), RRRacing (04-30-20)
Old 04-30-20, 07:33 AM
aus10li
Rookie

Originally Posted by kbot415
What a wonderful addition! I've been eyeballing the RR Racing bazookas for a while now and your clip really got me intrigued again.
I've got a few questions, if you don't mind.
1) Where is the wiring to the electronic valves connected? What power source is recommended? I'm sure a module or relay box also needs to be mounted, if so, where?
2) Is the only control for the valves from the keyfob, or is an interior button/switch possible/included?

Thanks in advance.
I must be smoking something this morning. Can't get this quote thing right lol. How do you delete a comment?
Old 04-30-20, 09:58 PM
glm318
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by aus10li
I must be smoking something this morning. Can't get this quote thing right lol. How do you delete a comment?
You can program your garage door buttons with the valve key fob. I have one garage so my middle button is to open the valves and my far right button is to close the valves. I also wired mine to the relay box in the trunk with an "add a fuse," into a fuse that's always on so I'm able to open and close with the car off. I have the HFC and there isn't any drone. If anyone is near Lake Elsinore or MARB and would like to hear the exhaust in person let me know.

Last edited by glm318; 05-01-20 at 05:40 AM.
The following users liked this post:
kbot415 (04-30-20)
Old 04-30-20, 11:05 PM
kbot415
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the enlightenment, glm318!
It would have been nice if RR Racing mentioned that the key fob signal can be programmed to our Homelink control...
I see that you're a fellow Californian, so I have a couple of specific questions for you, if you don't mind.
  • Since we're in arguably the strictest emissions state in the country, have you had any issues with smog inspections or CARB compliance?
  • I'm probably having a mechanic install this for me as I don't have a lift to make things easier. He might not be familiar with where to route the wires to the trunk fuse box. I assume there is access from the underside to the trunk that's accessible? If so, where?
  • Which number fuse did you tap? I like your idea of connecting the valves to an always-on relay so that I can open and close the valves when the car is off (especially on the remote chance that I'm parked next to a kindly police officer).
I wish I lived closer to your location, as I'd love to hear your setup in person before pulling the trigger.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-06-20, 03:46 PM
glm318
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kbot415
Thanks for the enlightenment, glm318!
It would have been nice if RR Racing mentioned that the key fob signal can be programmed to our Homelink control...
I see that you're a fellow Californian, so I have a couple of specific questions for you, if you don't mind.
  • Since we're in arguably the strictest emissions state in the country, have you had any issues with smog inspections or CARB compliance?
  • I'm probably having a mechanic install this for me as I don't have a lift to make things easier. He might not be familiar with where to route the wires to the trunk fuse box. I assume there is access from the underside to the trunk that's accessible? If so, where?
  • Which number fuse did you tap? I like your idea of connecting the valves to an always-on relay so that I can open and close the valves when the car is off (especially on the remote chance that I'm parked next to a kindly police officer).
I wish I lived closer to your location, as I'd love to hear your setup in person before pulling the trigger.

Thanks in advance!
I apologize but I've been busy. I sent you a PM.
Old 06-08-20, 11:51 PM
kbot415
Driver School Candidate

Gentleman,
After waiting patiently for 5 weeks for my axelback from RR-Racing with no end in sight, I reluctantly had to cancel my order. Long story short, multiple delays (some avoidable), but in the end, their lack of communication was unacceptable to me.
I'm really bummed, because I was truly looking forward to their exhaust.
I would caution anyone ordering from RR-Racing to keep on top of them to make sure nothing goes awry with your order (which really shouldn't be our responsibility).

Quick Reply: My GSF with RR Racing Valvetronic Exhaust