GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Horrible weekend

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-20, 02:13 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Another Option

Not sure about your area, but do a search or maybe a board member or two can steer you to a good rim repair shop. 2 years ago, I slammed a pothole hard enough to make my steering wheel become off center by probably 30 degrees and absolutely crushed my front rim and warped my rear rim. I was in your shoes asking if anyone who had swapped out their OEM's on this site if they would sell and a local member (Lobuxracer) told me to take my rims to a place he had used in the past and they brought them back to as good as new heating each up to make round again and refinishing the front one. Much cheaper than buying new or used and again, I thought they were totally gone/trashed! The front with refinish cost me $225 and the rear to just make round again was $150 I believe. Regarding my steering alignment, it took three shops before I got that satisfactorily reset so hopefully you will not have to deal with that.

Good luck.

Last edited by mr2dave; 06-11-20 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-11-20, 03:29 PM
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mr2dave
Not sure about your area, but do a search or maybe a board member or two can steer you to a good rim repair shop. 2 years ago, I slammed a pothole hard enough to make my steering wheel become off center by probably 30 degrees and absolutely crushed my front rim and warped my rear rim. I was in your shoes asking if anyone who had swapped out their OEM's on this site if they would sell and a local member (Lobuxracer) told me to take my rims to a place he had used in the past and they brought them back to as good as new heating each up to make round again and refinishing the front one. Much cheaper than buying new or used and again, I thought they were totally gone/trashed! The front with refinish cost me $225 and the rear to just make round again was $150 I believe. Regarding my steering alignment, it took three shops before I got that satisfactorily reset so hopefully you will not have to deal with that.
I’ll see if Have the courage to take a look at the car and take some pictures of the damage and see if this is repairable I doubt it but that would be pretty cool.. breaks my heart looking at it .

Last edited by lobuxracer; 06-11-20 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-11-20, 03:40 PM
4evervbp
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 07430
Originally Posted by mr2dave
I’ll see if Have the courage to take a look at the car and take some pictures of the damage and see if this is repairable I doubt it but that would be pretty cool.. breaks my heart looking at it .
I might have a 1x front and 1x rear to sell

Last edited by lobuxracer; 06-11-20 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-11-20, 03:40 PM
Rookie

Old 06-11-20, 03:53 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,473 Posts

Those are both easily fixed by any good wheel repair shop. Definitely will take some work, but not even close to the cost of just one wheel from Lexus.
The following users liked this post:
1wacko (06-11-20)
Old 06-11-20, 04:13 PM
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Those are both easily fixed by any good wheel repair shop. Definitely will take some work, but not even close to the cost of just one wheel from Lexus.
Wow really ..

im in the outside skirts of LA , if anyone can help me and recommend me to someone they used already . That would be great .
Old 06-11-20, 04:19 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,473 Posts

If nothing else, I know Wheel Wizard here in Atlanta does this if you want to ship to them. The do good work on restorations like this and have fixed a few wheels for me.
Old 06-11-20, 04:54 PM
rhunter112
Driver School Candidate

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 07430
Driving back from palm springs this last weekend . On the 60. I was in the fast lane , and to be honest I was engaged in a conversation wasn’t paying to much attention. Looked up say a large toolbox laying jn my lane . Car next to me behind me, tried avoiding it and hit the construction guard rail on the leafy side . Not sure how , but both driver side wheels are done . No damage to any panels . But it does seem like the front wheel is sitting inside more . Hopefully nothing bad on damages there . But called my buddy at Lexus . New wheels 3500 my cost z sad sad day .. need some help . One , does anyone know anyone selling gs f wheels . 2 . Looking to upgrade being a option . Maybe some all Black advan gt premium in bronze or titanium blue .

Would anyone have picture of those wheels on a black gs f . Thanks guys

I have a set sitting in my garage. In like new condition. How much you got ?
Old 06-11-20, 05:55 PM
nveddy
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

in San Jose (bay area )there is a shop can easy fix it in one-2 days max. not sure if you want to make the trip...
Old 06-11-20, 07:44 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,372 Posts

And - there is another option - buy a set of RCF wheels! They have the same dimensions as GSF wheels and are more readily available- A set should cost less than$2K.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-RC-F-...cAAOSwA7JeVtJ4

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-16-LEXUS...wAAOSwJSBewry4

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-RC-F-...kAAOSwcDNeyuke

As for refinishing the stock wheels, that's certainly an option -If they are straight and true - But from what the OP describes - They may be bent

Lou
Old 06-11-20, 08:27 PM
Rookie

Originally Posted by flowrider
And - there is another option - buy a set of RCF wheels! They have the same dimensions as GSF wheels and are more readily available- A set should cost less than$2K.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-RC-F-...cAAOSwA7JeVtJ4

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-16-LEXUS...wAAOSwJSBewry4

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-RC-F-...kAAOSwcDNeyuke

As for refinishing the stock wheels, that's certainly an option -If they are straight and true - But from what the OP describes - They may be bent

Lou
looked into that . My buddy came across a set with tires in good condition. 2200 . But I can’t put RCF wheels on the gs . If I’m going to spend some cash . I’m not thinking pony up get some advan gt premium Ritter all black or titanium blue .. and see if I can find a repair guy . And have a set of wheels on the side .
The following users liked this post:
lobuxracer (06-12-20)
Old 06-12-20, 06:07 AM
johnnyb58
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
Sorry to hear that - I live in Palm Desert and yes, there is always debris and trash on the 10 / 60.

I'm always driving defensively scanning for objects on the road. Best of luck with it. I have seen OEM wheels come up on the Facebook groups.
Nice to see another desert local. Im In the Palm Springs area, are you part of the Socal Lexus Meets on IG?
Old 06-12-20, 08:36 AM
Rookie

Originally Posted by johnnyb58
Nice to see another desert local. Im In the Palm Springs area, are you part of the Socal Lexus Meets on IG?

no , I stay in la area . Covina to be exact... I was just out for the weekend . However I did run into a guy with a gsf while I was driving . 2019 Anniversary .
Old 06-12-20, 04:59 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

Did you happen to contact your insurance to file a potential claim??

I'd rather pay the deductible than anything else..

Two of my original set of IS F wheels were killed on the 210 Fwy on a rainy dark morning after many cars ran over a portion of a long square 2" tow truck bar sitting in the lanes.

Full speed and for sure was momentarily airborne on the right side.. Dukes of Hazard style..

The faces are still perfect, but 2 of my inner barrels look like this

Joe Z
Old 06-12-20, 08:01 PM
Rookie

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Did you happen to contact your insurance to file a potential claim??

I'd rather pay the deductible than anything else..

Two of my original set of IS F wheels were killed on the 210 Fwy on a rainy dark morning after many cars ran over a portion of a long square 2" tow truck bar sitting in the lanes.

Full speed and for sure was momentarily airborne on the right side.. Dukes of Hazard style..

The faces are still perfect, but 2 of my inner barrels look like this

Joe Z

no haven’t didn’t reach out to insurance
over a claim like this .. my deductible is 500 with the car but I’m pretty sure the insurance is going to hit me with a higher premium just because of this one issue and that’s not worth it to me , now if I had hit the toolbox . Yes absolutely.. I have options now . I’m have A opportunity getting a 2020 set with tires brand new off showroom floor for 2800 .. tires allow are like 500 each . I’ll sale the 2 on the opposite side . And I’m gojng to eventually get a set of advan gt.

dang that rim got messed up . You fix it or was jut done

Quick Reply: Horrible weekend