GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

2018 GSF prices

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-20, 04:57 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkprlva
Hello, I’ve been reading on these forums for a few years and lately I‘ve looking to take the leap of faith to a used GSF. What are your thoughts on a Lexus dealer CPO 2017 GSF with 26k miles for $59k?. Most resources I’ve been able to find indicate that the price is high by atleast $3-5K?. What would consider as a fair price for this car?. Appreciate any comments in this regard.
That does seem high - I would think low 50's at the most given the year and mileage. Trouble is there isn't much on the market right now so supply vs demand is working against you. I paid $60k for an L-Cert '18 w/ 16K miles back in April.
The following users liked this post:
Blkprlva (10-11-20)
Old 10-11-20, 06:48 PM
Blkprlva
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
That does seem high - I would think low 50's at the most given the year and mileage. Trouble is there isn't much on the market right now so supply vs demand is working against you. I paid $60k for an L-Cert '18 w/ 16K miles back in April.
Thanks!, you’re spot on about the supply/demand issue. I’ll try to negotiate to a fair price in between, if not I’ll walk out and sulk till the hype settles.
Old 10-11-20, 08:20 PM
itzkalvin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my 16 in mid June, caviar black/red interior for 49.9 with less the 26k miles. I was searching for over 6 months and funny story I looked at one at a bmw dealership but the miles were to high for me to pull the trigger (16 with 40k miles for 44k)and the dealer tried to sucker me into pulling the trigger and said someone is actually coming into look at the car and he actually put a reserve on it and we technically shouldn’t be selling it right now but if you want it it’s yours and I said well that’s fine with me. And the next day they called and said that person passed. And I said well I found one in San Diego at a dealership with 26k miles for 47k and I rather pick that one up then yours, when I called to schedule a appointment to hold the car for since I didn’t wanna drive 1 and a half hours if it gets sold the person said someone is already on his way and that he really wanted it and the GM actually told me not to come because he has a feeling it’s a done deal,I asked him to do me a favor and ask if that guy was at Buena Park bmw the day before, And of course he calls me back and said it’s sold at full ask and He said I must be psychic because he asked and it was the same guy. Moral of the story I guess what im trying to say is these cars are so rare right now that it’s such a small market it’s basically whoever can get to the dealership first if you see a decent deal. Sorry for the story I am bored right now lol
Old 10-13-20, 07:40 PM
Marcus003
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks!, you’re spot on about the supply/demand issue. I’ll try to negotiate to a fair price in between, if not I’ll walk out and sulk till the hype settles.
Mind sharing details and results of your offer? I'm also lurking in NOVA for the right time and color combo.
Old 10-14-20, 12:21 PM
Blkprlva
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Marcus003
Mind sharing details and results of your offer? I'm also lurking in NOVA for the right time and color combo.
Hey @Marcus003 , no offer yet still looking. I would prefer a blue, black or silver. Market is truly tight on these cars. I see a 2018 black on red on carmax for $59k. I will try to swing by carmax and ask about the car and my trade in over the weekend.
The following users liked this post:
Marcus003 (10-14-20)
Old 10-14-20, 02:11 PM
madmantwo
Driver School Candidate

Hey @Marcus003 , no offer yet still looking. I would prefer a blue, black or silver. Market is truly tight on these cars. I see a 2018 black on red on carmax for $59k. I will try to swing by carmax and ask about the car and my trade in over the weekend.
FYI that GS F at CarMax was already marked as sold earlier and then either the sale fell through or the customer returned it during the return window, it's been listed for a long time. Let us know how it goes
Old 10-14-20, 03:52 PM
Blkprlva
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by madmantwo
FYI that GS F at CarMax was already marked as sold earlier and then either the sale fell through or the customer returned it during the return window, it's been listed for a long time. Let us know how it goes
interesting, was it the 2016 or the 2018. I did notice the 2016 go away and re appear.
Old 10-14-20, 04:17 PM
madmantwo
Driver School Candidate

interesting, was it the 2016 or the 2018. I did notice the 2016 go away and re appear.
Pretty positive it was the 2018 because my filters only look at 2018+ models. Maybe happened 2 weeks ago or so? Do some more digging into the service history too, Lexus has no service records and Autocheck doesn't have any either. Maybe that is common for leased vehicles, but other leased cars I've looked at came in for regular servicing by Lexus.
Old 10-15-20, 06:36 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,011 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Mine has zero service records and over 70k on the odometer. But I have what none of these cars have - continuous history of used oil analysis for the entire life of the car.
Old 10-20-20, 09:28 AM
BKGSF
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I looked at it's service history, and it seems like it had pretty regular oil change but not at Lexus dealerships. Most oil changes/services done at random places like Valvoline Oil Change etc. That's an indication that the owner either didn't have access to a Lexus dealership or didn't bother to (which would be concerning). At that price, I would look for a CPO one.
Old 10-20-20, 01:39 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,355 Posts

^^^^Why is having the oil changed at a place that is not a Lexus dealer be concerning My oil has only been changed once by a Lexus dealer, the other changes are done by ME I use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and a Wix XP filter. That's better than what Lexus would use. If someone has their oil changed at regular intervals at a service center is not an issue IMHO.

Lou
Old 10-20-20, 02:45 PM
BKGSF
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^Why is having the oil changed at a place that is not a Lexus dealer be concerning My oil has only been changed once by a Lexus dealer, the other changes are done by ME I use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and a Wix XP filter. That's better than what Lexus would use. If someone has their oil changed at regular intervals at a service center is not an issue IMHO.

Lou
Sorry if I was not being clear. If the oil was changed by the owner, that's actually a very good sign (because that means the owner cared for it and knows how to work on cars).

Valvoline Instant Oil Change, on the other hand, is a different story IMO. I would not trust them to put in the right oil or get the level right. I might be wrong but I doubt they regularly work on $80K V8 cars.
Old 10-21-20, 10:20 AM
Blkprlva
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BKGSF
I looked at it's service history, and it seems like it had pretty regular oil change but not at Lexus dealerships. Most oil changes/services done at random places like Valvoline Oil Change etc. That's an indication that the owner either didn't have access to a Lexus dealership or didn't bother to (which would be concerning). At that price, I would look for a CPO one.
Thanks for the feedback, ended up picking a L-certified white on red 2017 gsf with 26k miles. My intention was to wait it out for the 2018’s to come down but the condition on this one was impeccable and was hard to pass. Hope to have this one for a long time.
Old 10-21-20, 12:22 PM
Flying3
Intermediate

Received 71 Likes on 41 Posts

Thanks for the feedback, ended up picking a L-certified white on red 2017 gsf with 26k miles. My intention was to wait it out for the 2018’s to come down but the condition on this one was impeccable and was hard to pass. Hope to have this one for a long time.
Congrats!

I have the white with circuit red interior. I love this combination. The ultra white is gorgeous with the carbon / black accents.
Old 10-21-20, 06:55 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

how much u paid for it? was lookiing for white on red interior also.

Quick Reply: 2018 GSF prices