GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

2018 GSF prices

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-20, 07:23 PM
Blkprlva
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by richard203
how much u paid for it? was lookiing for white on red interior also.
Paid more than I wanted-56k+ttl- they did throw in the clear bra and new mats. Car was in great condition, well kept( leased, maintained and returned at the same dealer). Part of certification they changed the front pads/rotors. they replaced the front bumper as the carbon fiber lip was scratched bad, had to wait for a week for the part and installation. I’m happy so far

Last edited by Blkprlva; 10-21-20 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-21-20, 11:00 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

so 60k+ otd?
Old 10-25-20, 06:30 AM
GS3fiddy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone needs to grab this one quick! It's a USB GSF for 43.9k. Miles are kind of high but it has power trunk and what looks like heated steering wheel which the US models didn't come with also no carbon fiber trim so might be a Canadian.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Last edited by GS3fiddy; 10-25-20 at 06:34 AM.
Old 10-25-20, 08:11 AM
TrevorR
Intermediate

Received 129 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3fiddy
Someone needs to grab this one quick! It's a USB GSF for 43.9k. Miles are kind of high but it has power trunk and what looks like heated steering wheel which the US models didn't come with also no carbon fiber trim so might be a Canadian.

Good catch. Definitely not a US spec GSF.
Old 10-25-20, 07:24 PM
pmf
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Just saw this on Car.com.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5386/overview/
Old 10-25-20, 07:41 PM
pmf
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

This one on EBay has L-cert & a bit lower miles. I actually got mine 2018 w/ 8K miles from them back in May after watching the auction listed price came down for about 2 grands in a month before making my offer

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Lexus-...%7C1000%7C2500
Old 11-10-20, 07:45 PM
bonaf1de
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3fiddy

I ended up purchasing this exact vehicle. I came across it on these forums (thanks to you) just after seeing it locally on CarGurus... which made me a bit worried considering how competitive the market is right now for a GS F in good condition. In fact, it went off market twice due to (failed) out of state sales (supposedly).

I was a bit hesitant at first because: 1) Canadian car (warranty, recall concerns; but do like the Canadian goodies), 2) high mileage, and 3) questionable history (no Lexus records, only local oil shops (CarFax); bought and driven in Canada the first 1500 miles).

Luckily, I didn’t let those concerns stop me because this vehicle was in FABULOUS condition (interior was like new, very minor exterior scratches) — it was evident the previous owner (trade-in) took care of the vehicle. The only real issue was a hub bearing (due to curb impact) that the dealer repaired with warranty (after being diagnosed by JM Lexus). That and the local Lexus dealers couldn’t give a hoot if it’s a Canadian vehicle and is still applicable for any open recalls (needs the HPFP replaced). Upon purchase (with 3 day return period), I immediately took the vehicle to JM Lexus for a full inspection by their “F” mechanic. After performing test drive, a 2 hour inspection, and walk around with the vehicle on the lift — he looked at me and told me I should return it... so that HE could buy it!

I’m questioning whether I should purchase an extended warranty, but oh man am I loving this car. It was this or an M5, and man did this GS F spoke volumes to me.

Last edited by bonaf1de; 11-10-20 at 07:54 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by bonaf1de:
1wacko (11-12-20), anbark22 (11-10-20), GS3fiddy (11-10-20), lobuxracer (11-10-20)
Old 11-10-20, 08:47 PM
anbark22
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Excellent!! Congratulations. What part of Florida are you? I'm here in Northeast Florida. Enjoy.
Old 11-10-20, 09:20 PM
bonaf1de
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by anbark22
Excellent!! Congratulations. What part of Florida are you? I'm here in Northeast Florida. Enjoy.
Thanks, man. I’m in South Florida.
Old 11-11-20, 07:32 AM
anbark22
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by bonaf1de
Thanks, man. I’m in South Florida.
Great. You have several fellow owners down South. We very seldom see another GSF here in Jacksonville. Congrats again and enjoy. You made an excellent purchase, not to mention the Canadian specs have more goodies than the USA counterparts (i think).
Thanks again,
anbark22
Old 11-12-20, 11:57 AM
bonaf1de
Driver School Candidate

Great. You have several fellow owners down South. We very seldom see another GSF here in Jacksonville. Congrats again and enjoy. You made an excellent purchase, not to mention the Canadian specs have more goodies than the USA counterparts (i think).
Thanks again,
anbark22
That's good to hear, man. On the Lexus F society FB group, I've run into another South Floridian USB 2.0 GS F owner. I wouldn't be surprised if we're the only two in the region. I think I've only seen a total of one of other GS F since it's release down here. Talk about a secret society! How has your ownership been thus far? I'm considering an extended warranty, but consensus seems to be mixed.

You're right about the goodies. Off the top of my head... power rear sunshade, manual rear side sunshades, forged carbon fiber composite interior trimmings, exterior carbon fiber accents, heated steering wheel, and rear seat media controls. It's essentially everything from the GS 350 Ultra Luxury trim.
Old 11-13-20, 08:15 PM
anbark22
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by bonaf1de
That's good to hear, man. On the Lexus F society FB group, I've run into another South Floridian USB 2.0 GS F owner. I wouldn't be surprised if we're the only two in the region. I think I've only seen a total of one of other GS F since it's release down here. Talk about a secret society! How has your ownership been thus far? I'm considering an extended warranty, but consensus seems to be mixed.

You're right about the goodies. Off the top of my head... power rear sunshade, manual rear side sunshades, forged carbon fiber composite interior trimmings, exterior carbon fiber accents, heated steering wheel, and rear seat media controls. It's essentially everything from the GS 350 Ultra Luxury trim.
You should have many years of trouble free performance. My 2016 has 23,000 miles now but my warranty expired in August 2020. I debated the extended warranty before factory expiration, but I've not had any problems to mention. I think these cars are really solid. My wife's 2010 GS350 has 95K miles and not even 1 repair, other than tires and batteries. Also, my 2015 GS350 F-Sport had 42K miles when I sold it and not a single repair.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll make the right decision, as you already have with the excellent purchase of your GSF.

Thank you,
anbark22
Old 11-14-20, 08:48 AM
bonaf1de
Driver School Candidate

You should have many years of trouble free performance. My 2016 has 23,000 miles now but my warranty expired in August 2020. I debated the extended warranty before factory expiration, but I've not had any problems to mention. I think these cars are really solid. My wife's 2010 GS350 has 95K miles and not even 1 repair, other than tires and batteries. Also, my 2015 GS350 F-Sport had 42K miles when I sold it and not a single repair.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll make the right decision, as you already have with the excellent purchase of your GSF.

Thank you,
anbark22
I’m encouraged by the exceptional reliability of the GS platform, the V8 engine, and Toyota’s reliability. My family has owned over 5 Toyota or Lexus products past 130k miles without issue. This is probably the only performance vehicle this side of 2010 one could even dare consider owning out of warranty. I’ve made up my mind that if I can find a long-term warranty from a reputable company at a low price, then I’ll shoot. Otherwise, I’ll just self-insure.

I wish you pain-free ownership as well!
Old 12-13-20, 06:29 PM
Savjam
Pit Crew

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by nigel821
Found a 2016 GS-F lexus certified for $54 with 35,000k miles.

Looks super clean and has a nice white interior. Price seems kinda high for the year though? Not sure as I have seen price all over the place. What's everyone think?

-Nigel
Yes that is a high price. Last year April I had an opportunity to pick up a clean 2016 CPO under 20,000 miles for a little less.
Old 12-13-20, 06:51 PM
Ismelllike
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Savjam
Yes that is a high price. Last year April I had an opportunity to pick up a clean 2016 CPO under 20,000 miles for a little less.
Everyone keeps referencing last year. It's a completely different market now unfortunately.

Quick Reply: 2018 GSF prices