GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Best way to Buy a Lexus GS F

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-20, 06:53 AM
topgun24fa
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I decided to let the Carvana GS F go back into the pool.. The 3 owners and the fact it was not the colors I truly wanted made it easier after thinking on it for a few days.
Old 11-16-20, 06:55 AM
Tom44
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by topgun24fa
I decided to let the Carvana GS F go back into the pool.. The 3 owners and the fact it was not the colors I truly wanted made it easier after thinking on it for a few days.
you can also contact caravana and tell them you’ll buy it for $2k discount or whatever makes It a viable purchase for you. They’ll make a note of it and maybe you’ll get lucky
Old 11-16-20, 07:19 AM
topgun24fa
Driver School Candidate

Ha.. I wish, they do not do discounts... It was already scooped up anyway
Old 11-16-20, 07:25 AM
Tom44
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Ha.. I wish, they do not do discounts... It was already scooped up anyway
Yeah prob wasn’t the right car for you.
Old 11-16-20, 07:33 PM
bonaf1de
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

No worries, I agree that the history and an unfavorable color definitely makes it an easier decision. Just be sure to be on the hunt, because good examples go quickly. I would set up alerts on Vroom, Carmax, Carvana, and AutoTrader.

With that said, you can’t incredibly picky either, as there are so few to be had, and is dependent if you’re willing to fly to or pay for the right car or not. It doesn’t help that the car seems to have grown in popularity after being discontinued.

Happy hunting.
Old 11-17-20, 06:29 AM
topgun24fa
Driver School Candidate

You are certainly accurate. Travelling for a car is not in the cards for me anytime soon I am afraid. I have everything set up locally and on Carvana, has anyone used Vroom before? Carmax, I have all set up, but inventory is slim there at the moment too. I will take it a day at a time, I would assume since this is the year of 2016s that maybe next year we start to see one owner 2017s really come available. Fingers crossed anyways
Old 11-17-20, 09:02 AM
Blkprlva
Driver School Candidate

I was of the same notion of getting the car locally. After many months of looking I finally settled on a 2017 certified GSF at the local Lexus dealership. It’s been a pleasure to drive to say the least even with the minimal driving because of COVID.

You are certainly accurate. Travelling for a car is not in the cards for me anytime soon I am afraid. I have everything set up locally and on Carvana, has anyone used Vroom before? Carmax, I have all set up, but inventory is slim there at the moment too. I will take it a day at a time, I would assume since this is the year of 2016s that maybe next year we start to see one owner 2017s really come available. Fingers crossed anyways
Old 11-17-20, 09:06 AM
topgun24fa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Blkprlva
I was of the same notion of getting the car locally. After many months of looking I finally settled on a 2017 certified GSF at the local Lexus dealership. It’s been a pleasure to drive to say the least even with the minimal driving because of COVID.
Yeah, I just hope my dealership gets one. They have not seen one, new or used in three years! So it is either online for me with shipping, or wait until this madness is over and then travel for it
Old 11-17-20, 09:53 AM
Blkprlva
Driver School Candidate

I hear you, mine was a lease return. Not sure if one can check with the local dealerships about any lease expirations.

Yeah, I just hope my dealership gets one. They have not seen one, new or used in three years! So it is either online for me with shipping, or wait until this madness is over and then travel for it
Old 11-18-20, 07:48 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 743 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by TrevorR
Here's my old 2017 USB that I traded in 2 weeks ago. About to be certified I believe, someone get it!! Would love to see it go to a clublexus member.

https://www.lexusoftowson.com/auto/p...n-md/50611853/
Out of curiosity, what was the damage that is reported on the CarFax?
Old 11-18-20, 09:12 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

must be a hard hit since front,right side, moonroof and rear got damaged. dealer replaced windshield too before selling it.
Old 11-19-20, 08:37 AM
serturbo
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

What are your guys thoughts on this.. One that finally landed in San Diego, Carlsbad Lexus.. 2017 GS F L cert white/red interior. $51,900 with 49k miles.. In very good shape for age and mileage with exception of some driver bolster wear, some fairly deep scuffs under corner of front bumper and some rear bumper nicks.. Also checked out service records on lexus driver portal.. Test drove and took a look at it in person last night with the wife..

I'm thinking price is OK and for me mileage is higher than what Im looking for. I think there is an opportunity to negotiate price based on wear items or to possibly get them repainted/finished.. I really wish the rims were gloss black and calipers were 2020 optional blue.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=568909537&zip=92126&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D92126%26city%3DSan%2BDiego%26incremental%3Dall%26modelCodeList%3DLEXGSF%26makeCodeList%3DLEXUS%26listingTypes%3DUSED%26sortBy%3Drelevance%26location%3D%255Bobject%2BObject%255D%26state%3DCA%26firstRecord%3D0%26marketExtension%3Dinclude%26relevanceConfig%3Ddefault%26searchRadius%3D50%26isNewSearch%3Dtrue&listingTypes=USED&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&modelCodeList=LEXGSF&makeCodeList=LEXUS&searchRadius=50&makeCode1=LE
XUS&modelCode1=LEXGSF&clickType=alpha

This is a little concerning...

Last edited by serturbo; 11-19-20 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-19-20, 08:46 AM
topgun24fa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by serturbo
What are your guys thoughts on this.. One that finally landed in San Diego, Carlsbad Lexus.. 2017 GS F L cert white/red interior. $51,900 with 49k miles.. In very good shape for age and mileage with exception of some driver bolster wear, some fairly deep scuffs under corner of front bumper and some rear bumper nicks.. Also checked out service records on lexus driver portal.. Test drove and took a look at it in person last night with the wife..

I'm thinking price is OK and for me mileage is higher than what Im looking for. I think there is an opportunity to negotiate price based on wear items or to possibly get them repainted/finished.. I really wish the rims were gloss black and calipers were 2020 optional blue.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=568909537&zip=92126&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D92126%26city%3DSan%2BDiego%26incremental%3Dall%26modelCodeList%3DLEXGSF%26makeCodeList%3DLEXUS%26listingTypes%3DUSED%26sortBy%3Drelevance%26location%3D%255Bobject%2BObject%255D%26state%3DCA%26firstRecord%3D0%26marketExtension%3Dinclude%26relevanceConfig%3Ddefault%26searchRadius%3D50%26isNewSearch%3Dtrue&listingTypes=USED&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&modelCodeList=LEXGSF&makeCodeList=LEXUS&searchRadius=50&makeCode1=LE
XUS&modelCode1=LEXGSF&clickType=alpha

This is a little concerning...
Looks good on the surface, price seems fair based on KBB anyways, I would try and get them down to 49,500... How are the tires? When were the brakes last replaced? I would rather buy sticker and get the tires and brakes replaced... That is just me.... I like the White/Red Combo for sure though..... Chips and scuffs are fixable.... Plus it is certified... Which is a plus, and puts your mind at ease based on the higher than desired mileage.... just my take... keep us posted.
Old 11-19-20, 08:54 AM
serturbo
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

The staff at this dealership are AWESOME... unlike the scumbags at the Shottenkirk one in Palm Springs/Cathedral City.. Sales person took videos of car for me and multiple photos, answered all my questions, and when we arrived he was not pushy at all, accompanied us on our test drive and encouraged us to engage sport plus mode , and when we said we weren't ready to buy that night was very understanding and provided us copies of all the servce history and checklist for 161 pt certification process. Sales manager stopped by just to say hello and if we needed anything to let him know and was very courteous.

I'd want to buy the car just because of how great the staff is.. They really left a great impression with me and my wife.

I still have my heart set on the 10th anniversary at Longo Lexus and it dropped another $1k down to $70,900. I believe its been on the lot for over 75-80 days and I communicated with the sales director that I would love to make the drive back up there and negotiate a deal but we shall see.
Old 11-19-20, 09:11 AM
topgun24fa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by serturbo
The staff at this dealership are AWESOME... unlike the scumbags at the Shottenkirk one in Palm Springs/Cathedral City.. Sales person took videos of car for me and multiple photos, answered all my questions, and when we arrived he was not pushy at all, accompanied us on our test drive and encouraged us to engage sport plus mode , and when we said we weren't ready to buy that night was very understanding and provided us copies of all the servce history and checklist for 161 pt certification process. Sales manager stopped by just to say hello and if we needed anything to let him know and was very courteous.

I'd want to buy the car just because of how great the staff is.. They really left a great impression with me and my wife.

I still have my heart set on the 10th anniversary at Longo Lexus and it dropped another $1k down to $70,900. I believe its been on the lot for over 75-80 days and I communicated with the sales director that I would love to make the drive back up there and negotiate a deal but we shall see.
Since your experience was so positive, can they not get that vehicle over for you to look at? Lexus dealerships can swap cars. Perhaps you could ask? What is the worst they say? No? Negotiate and if that is what you want, go get it. if 2020 has taught us anything, it is that life is short. go get what you want!!!!

Quick Reply: Best way to Buy a Lexus GS F