GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Best way to Buy a Lexus GS F

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-20, 09:11 AM
serturbo
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

not sure if i should be posting these work invoice copies on forum but this is what was provided to me... if these aren't appropriate let me know and I'll delete them.. Thank you again for all the advice and input

Last edited by serturbo; 11-19-20 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-19-20, 10:11 AM
topgun24fa
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by serturbo
not sure if i should be posting these work invoice copies on forum but this is what was provided to me... if these aren't appropriate let me know and I'll delete them.. Thank you again for all the advice and input

I would fight for the rear tires and front pads to be replaced. Just make sure you are not going to regret getting the 10th anniversary,. Practicality is always key as is affordability, but like I said before, life is short... go get that brass ring!
Old 11-19-20, 10:37 AM
anbark22
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

The staff at this dealership are AWESOME... unlike the scumbags at the Shottenkirk one in Palm Springs/Cathedral City.. Sales person took videos of car for me and multiple photos, answered all my questions, and when we arrived he was not pushy at all, accompanied us on our test drive and encouraged us to engage sport plus mode , and when we said we weren't ready to buy that night was very understanding and provided us copies of all the servce history and checklist for 161 pt certification process. Sales manager stopped by just to say hello and if we needed anything to let him know and was very courteous.

I'd want to buy the car just because of how great the staff is.. They really left a great impression with me and my wife.

I still have my heart set on the 10th anniversary at Longo Lexus and it dropped another $1k down to $70,900. I believe its been on the lot for over 75-80 days and I communicated with the sales director that I would love to make the drive back up there and negotiate a deal but we shall see.
That's great you had a good rapport with the staff. You should expect that from all Lexus dealers, but I know there are exceptions. You are diligent in your pursuit, which is great. You'll make the right decision. Hang in there. Also, you should get the next upcoming services free as part to the cert program.
Blessings,
Old 11-19-20, 12:50 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,011 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Morons put the wrong oil in it. Can't they even read the fill cap?
Old 11-20-20, 06:08 AM
jask22
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thoughts on MaxCare for a CarMax GSF? 2016, ~50K miles currently. I plan on doing a PPI at a local shop first once it's delivered, but I wanted to know if the extended limited warranty to ~100k is worth it for anything that commonly occurs outside of the power train. Thanks!

Old 11-20-20, 06:19 AM
topgun24fa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jask22
Thoughts on MaxCare for a CarMax GSF? 2016, ~50K miles currently. I plan on doing a PPI at a local shop first once it's delivered, but I wanted to know if the extended limited warranty to ~100k is worth it for anything that commonly occurs outside of the power train. Thanks!

I was looking at that car too.. haha... go get it! I asked them questions about their plan the other day. My concern was around taking it to a Lexus dealership. There is no way if something happened, I am taking it to carmax. They told me via chat, that we can do that, but they do not waive the $50 deductible savings. Have you inquired with your local lexus dealer if they would offer you an extended warranty? Personally, I am a believer in them, and since it is a Lexus, the costs are low, if this was a BMW M5, you might not even be able to get a warranty plan. I called three companies once about an M5, NONE of them would cover it, and it was only 3 years old and had only 38K miles on it.
The following users liked this post:
jask22 (11-20-20)
Old 11-20-20, 06:30 AM
jask22
10th Gear

Thanks, yeah that's a good thought I may inquire at some local dealerships to see if they'll sell me a warranty, the car seems to be in good shape and has a well documented service history. Getting it transferred, hopefully will have it within the next two weeks!
Old 11-20-20, 06:49 AM
topgun24fa
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, yeah that's a good thought I may inquire at some local dealerships to see if they'll sell me a warranty, the car seems to be in good shape and has a well documented service history. Getting it transferred, hopefully will have it within the next two weeks!
How have they been to deal with? Is there any wiggle room on their pricing or transfer fees?
Old 11-20-20, 06:51 AM
jask22
10th Gear

Honestly I didn't try, based on what I've heard as far as a no negotiation policy and the price was actually better than I thought it would be. Transferring was cheap for me, $99.

They've always been very pleasant to deal with, always helpful on the phone with questions regarding the car and transfer process.
Old 11-20-20, 10:36 AM
serturbo
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Does that CarMax warranty have time/year specifications/conditions too or does it go strictly by mileage?
Old 11-20-20, 12:11 PM
jask22
10th Gear

Does that CarMax warranty have time/year specifications/conditions too or does it go strictly by mileage?
The email mentions 60 mo or the mileage selected, whichever comes first.

Old 11-30-20, 07:12 AM
topgun24fa
Driver School Candidate

Found the one on Carvana. Blue with Light Interior, but it is currently reserved, let's hope it comes back available quickly so I can jump on it. Only one owner too..
Old 11-30-20, 07:25 AM
bonaf1de
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

For that price, I would get it — Carmax’s (exclusionary) warranty is awesome. The actual provider is CNA, which is one of the better companies to deal with. The added benefit is that Carmax stakes their reputation on these, so they are usually no-hassle. Carmax waives $50 if you take it to them; they will take to Lexus if it’s something they themselves cannot do. Up to you wether you see any payoff in that

I’m happy with my Canadian-spec USB GSF, but I didn’t buy via Carmax, and not being able to purchase a Carmax warranty is my only regret. With that said though, these are no M5’s, as topgun mentioned, so don’t expect to be using that warranty much.

Considering the price, I’d opt for the zero deductible or the $300.
Old 11-30-20, 07:26 AM
bonaf1de
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by topgun24fa
Found the one on Carvana. Blue with Light Interior, but it is currently reserved, let's hope it comes back available quickly so I can jump on it. Only one owner too..
That looks like the one, topgun. Hope you can snag it. I still find reasons to just drive my GSF around town.
Old 12-01-20, 11:53 AM
topgun24fa
Driver School Candidate

What did you end up deciding?

Quick Reply: Best way to Buy a Lexus GS F