GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Best way to Buy a Lexus GS F

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-20 | 12:39 PM
serturbo
Rookie

I posted it in post pics of ur GSF now but settled on the 10th anniversary .. like one of the posters said in a thread , “get what u want” so I decided not to settle and got what I wanted !

$68k 24k miles 2019 10th anniversary in pretty much mint condition ..also sprung for the extended warranty so car is covered bumper to bumper till December 2028

Last edited by serturbo; 12-03-20 at 07:20 AM. Reason: change date
Old 12-01-20 | 01:04 PM
topgun24fa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by serturbo
I posted it in post pics of ur GSF now but settled on the 10th anniversary .. like one of the posters said in a thread , “get what u want” so I decided not to settle and got what I wanted !

$68k 24k miles 2019 10th anniversary in pretty much mint condition ..also sprung for the extended warranty so car is covered bumper to bumper till December 2018

Congrats man! That was me Glad I could be a small part of your amazing purchase. Over to that thread I go to check out the pictures.
Old 12-03-20 | 06:39 AM
topgun24fa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bonaf1de
That looks like the one, topgun. Hope you can snag it. I still find reasons to just drive my GSF around town.
Well it came available again this morning and I put it on hold. What do you guys think? Record is clean, one owner.

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1601635
Old 12-03-20 | 08:02 AM
Tom44
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by topgun24fa
Well it came available again this morning and I put it on hold. What do you guys think? Record is clean, one owner.

looks good. I dig the blue/grey
Old 12-03-20 | 10:44 AM
TrevorR
Intermediate

Get it, that's probably as good as it gets besides being L certified.

Last edited by TrevorR; 12-03-20 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-03-20 | 06:31 PM
topgun24fa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TrevorR
Get it, that's probably as good as it gets besides being L certified.
Carvana notified me today that the individual who had it on hold prior to me grabbing it, had an additional 48 hours and the hold was released in error by their system. So I lost the car. Bummed is not the word. The search is back at square one
Old 12-03-20 | 07:41 PM
serturbo
Rookie

Carvana notified me today that the individual who had it on hold prior to me grabbing it, had an additional 48 hours and the hold was released in error by their system. So I lost the car. Bummed is not the word. The search is back at square one
dayum sorry to hear that .. looked like a very good choice .. don’t worry tho I thought I missed out on a great 10th anniversary at a BMW dealership but ended up finding me that came with L cert and in better condition .. so I’m sure you’ll find yours soon
Old 12-04-20 | 07:03 PM
bonaf1de
Driver School Candidate

That’s a real bummer, man. Did Carvana say it was purchased or only on hold? Fingers crossed and keep hitting F5. I’d pull the trigger immediately if it hits the market again.

If not, then that specific car wasn’t meant to be, and yours is just around the corner!
Old 12-05-20 | 06:26 PM
serturbo
Rookie

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

looks like it’s back up ?
Old 12-05-20 | 06:48 PM
bonaf1de
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by serturbo
You need to check Carvana directly. It’s still on hold.
Old 12-07-20 | 07:28 AM
topgun24fa
Driver School Candidate

You need to check Carvana directly. It’s still on hold.
Yeah I am not going to get it. I did put an AMG on hold, just to check it out. I am having second thoughts on the GS F, not because I do not love it, but the fear of the snow and RWD is making me wonder if it is the right move. I live in a massive Lake Effect Snow belt.
Old 12-07-20 | 07:45 AM
bonaf1de
Driver School Candidate

Yeah I am not going to get it. I did put an AMG on hold, just to check it out. I am having second thoughts on the GS F, not because I do not love it, but the fear of the snow and RWD is making me wonder if it is the right move. I live in a massive Lake Effect Snow belt.
Sad to hear, but understandable. Really unfortunate
you haven’t had the opportunity to drive it in said conditions yet, and really get a good feel for it. As a Floridian, I can’t offer any worthy advice.

If you are interested in an AMG, however, DO get it through Carmax and make use of that sweet, sweet warranty.

Check out this blog. This guy does high performance car buying via Carmax done right.
Old 12-07-20 | 08:26 AM
topgun24fa
Driver School Candidate

Sad to hear, but understandable. Really unfortunate
you haven’t had the opportunity to drive it in said conditions yet, and really get a good feel for it. As a Floridian, I can’t offer any worthy advice.

If you are interested in an AMG, however, DO get it through Carmax and make use of that sweet, sweet warranty.

Check out this blog. This guy does high performance car buying via Carmax done right.
I will check it out thanks. Carvana offers a full warranty and I can take it to MB directly, then again, I am not sold on this either. Thanks for the info though.
Old 12-07-20 | 09:00 AM
JerryR13
Pit Crew

I will check it out thanks. Carvana offers a full warranty and I can take it to MB directly, then again, I am not sold on this either. Thanks for the info though.
which AMG? A GT? Well yeah, scrap the GSF and go have it. Other then that I'd be hard pressed to give up my lexus for a Mercedes. Thats just me though. On my 4th GS. Never any issues other then routine maintenance.
Old 12-07-20 | 10:40 AM
topgun24fa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JerryR13
which AMG? A GT? Well yeah, scrap the GSF and go have it. Other then that I'd be hard pressed to give up my lexus for a Mercedes. Thats just me though. On my 4th GS. Never any issues other then routine maintenance.
I do not want this to turn into an MB thread, but it is a 2014 AMG S, fully loaded for 46K with 48K miles on it. Maybe I will settle for a GS350 since it has AWD, not sure.

Quick Reply: Best way to Buy a Lexus GS F