GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Semi-retiring in overseas. Thoughts on whether to export or sell my GSF?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-20, 08:18 AM
sashi
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by NotFSport
I'm going to put a damper on what some of the other people are saying; i don't think you should expect $55k for your car. It's beautiful and well taken care of, but i don't think you'll get a lot of premium for the PPF (more value than you would get for other mods relative to their price, but you wont be getting an extra $5k for that). a 2016 with 20k miles on it in good condition will probably go for around $45k-$50k.
You're right. But thats from a dealer's perspective. Same situation as my house. If I were to sell my house with one of those "cash offer agencies" right now instead of listing it with a realtor, I'd probably lose out about $70k. They'll tell me the same thing such as, my upgrades such as home theatre, hardwood flooring, window shutter treatment, and etc are not worth anything. Only for them to turn a huge profit when they resell it.

One thing I have learned in life was, trying to sell something quickly and out of desperation is a really bad idea as far as my net profit is concerned. Sometimes you have no choice, but I am in no rush to move overseas until I get a fair value for my house and car.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 10-07-20 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-07-20, 10:40 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,360 Posts

^^^^Are you going to be able maintain the same standard of living in Russia

Lou
Old 10-07-20, 10:47 AM
Mazderati
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Car looks and sounds nice no matter what it brings but any aftermarket mods typically return pennies on the dollar. Even something worthwhile for the long-term like PPF.
Old 10-07-20, 11:42 AM
sashi
Rookie

Originally Posted by flowrider

Lou
I don't plan to. Remember, I'm leaving this never ending rat race in America for pursuit of "happiness", not in pursuit of "money"...
Old 10-07-20, 11:45 AM
sashi
Rookie

Originally Posted by Mazderati
Car looks and sounds nice no matter what it brings but any aftermarket mods typically return pennies on the dollar. Even something worthwhile for the long-term like PPF.
Absolutely true, but once again thats from a dealer's point of view. I'm willing to wait till next summer to find a private sale if I decide not to export it. Plus I don't know when this covid travel ban will be lifted... Time is on my side.
Old 10-07-20, 11:49 AM
blueNblack
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Why don't you put it on the market for the price you want for it now? Since Covid has shut down a lot of new car productions, demand is quite high right now. If you don't get the price you want, bring it with you to Russia.

If you are not going to drive it, I think you should sell it. Better let it go to someone who can use it.
Old 10-07-20, 12:18 PM
MrFuso
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If it was me, I'd sell the car. The logistics of getting it over there, with no damage and then keeping it safe, in Russia, of all places would give me chills. I LOVE my GS F, but it's just a car. Yeah, it's on the rare side and it would be super neat to see it over in Russia, but unless you'd be able to keep it REALLY safe and stretch its legs every once and awhile, I'd just sell it. I'm sure you can find something over there to have fun with. I bet there are some small cars that are nimble and quick. Or maybe even some motorcycles, since they have a lot of them over there. As for what your car is worth, I'd start at $51,000 and wouldn't take a penny less than $47K. They are not making the GS F any more, so good luck finding a NA V8. These cars still hold decent value and anyone shopping for one knows that it's better to pay a bit more for a super well maintained, minty one like yours. Just my $0.02. Good luck on your new journey!
Old 10-09-20, 01:11 PM
Tom44
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by designo
Okay so in a nutshell, you want to know what your car is worth.

I's say between 40k to 45k US bucks.
you can sell it for $49-$55k
Old 10-09-20, 01:51 PM
sashi
Rookie

Originally Posted by Tom44
you can sell it for $49-$55k
Good to know. 👍
Old 10-09-20, 01:59 PM
sashi
Rookie

Originally Posted by flowrider

Lou
Also, I am downsizing from a 4000+ sq. ft. house to a 600 sq. ft. apartment in Russia, along with going from 3 cars to 0 cars(maybe 1 if I decide to export my GSF or buy a Toyota Prado there). One thing I have learned from this covid shutdown & being laid off from my job was that this American lifestyle isn't worth it. The majority of Americans are out of luck once something goes south in their life(loss of income, illness, divorce, etc). Luckily for me, I have passive income and I can also work from home where I can still maintain a decent lifestyle. But it is not worth working your life away without enjoying life. If you're young and ambitious, there's nothing wrong with hustling to get ahead. But I'm just done with the way America's headed right now.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing America for the cost of living, economy, lifestyle, etc. I served my country in the military and worked hard throughout my life(multiple jobs at once for many years to get ahead), but I realized I was wasting my years away by only working, rather than enjoying what life had to offer.... Having a $2k monthly income in Russia is same(or actually better due to the low cost of everything) as making $10k a month in silicon valley.

Low cost of living, healthy food, friendly people(don't trust the American media. Majority of media outlets are heavily manipulated to adhere to their agenda. Experience other parts of the world yourself, rather than being brainwashed by the media demonizing other countries), beautiful women, beautiful city, and it was just a no brainer for me. )
The following users liked this post:
MrFuso (01-18-21)
Old 10-09-20, 02:37 PM
myclue
Pit Crew

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Awesome thread that really puts one's life in perspective.
Do you mind me asking how old you are and what you did for a living?

If it were me, i'd sell the GSF before leaving for russia.
Old 10-09-20, 03:22 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Originally Posted by sashi
Low cost of living, healthy food, friendly people(don't trust the American media. Majority of media outlets are heavily manipulated to adhere to their agenda. Experience other parts of the world yourself, rather than being brainwashed by the media demonizing other countries), beautiful women, beautiful city, and it was just a no brainer for me. )
Wonder if Alexei Navalny would agree with you media outlets comment

Lou

Old 10-09-20, 05:04 PM
JasonJi
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, I think you can use KBB to value your car or add $2k more base on the CARMAX value. I don't think rich people would buy used car and for poor people like me, won't like to put $50K cash for a car at this moment.
Old 10-09-20, 05:15 PM
RTurner711
Rookie

Received 41 Likes on 14 Posts

You're going to Russia? Sell it.
Old 10-10-20, 06:52 AM
Tom44
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonJi
Well, I think you can use KBB to value your car or add $2k more base on the CARMAX value. I don't think rich people would buy used car and for poor people like me, won't like to put $50K cash for a car at this moment.
try vroom, caravana and algo. You’ll prob get $46k on one of those but I think you can get rid of car privately for $50k.

Quick Reply: Semi-retiring in overseas. Thoughts on whether to export or sell my GSF?