GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Semi-retiring in overseas. Thoughts on whether to export or sell my GSF?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-20, 11:38 AM
Bitemaster
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sell it - it's awesome and I'm sure you enjoyed it but it would lead a hard life in Russia unless you're going to Vladiastok

Get a GX470 if you need a rig over there
Old 10-29-20, 08:12 PM
sashi
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Gents, thx for all the feedback.
Been busy getting my house staged and ready for sale, thus my lack of response on this thread.
Just put the house for listing 9 hours ago.
I'm heavily leaning towards selling my GSF, rather than exporting it to Russia.
I just dropped off my GSF at the dealership today for the 20k service(currently around 19,900 miles).
I already sold my other 2 cars(GX460 & Kia Sedona), so I plan to list mine for sale here shortly in this forum once I get the offers for my house.
I'll repost once I am ready to list my GSF on the matketplace.
Until then, I'll continue to baby it & drive it in eco mode. 😂

Old 10-30-20, 08:18 AM
anbark22
Pit Crew

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Beautiful!!
Old 01-17-21, 05:45 PM
sashi
Rookie

Well guys, I have found a buyer from California. He has put down an earnest money deposit and will be flying over in a few days to do the private sale transaction. I've owned over 20 cars in my lifetime, but never been this sad to let go of a car.....
I'll be giving my GSF one final "full detail" worth $200 at the Lexus dealership as a farewell gift to my beloved GSF before I turn it over to the new owner to continue to take care of my baby.

My thoughts to the current GSF owners is, take care of this car. I have a good feeling it'll retain its value and will be a classic hit many years from now. Maybe I'll be lucky to pickup a well maintained GSF in Russia once I move, but I highly doubt it considering only a few examples(I think 150) were shipped over there during a short run of 2 years.

Until I move, I plan to do a deal at a dealership once I turn over my GSF and get a used Mitsu Mirage for a few months to drive for around $5K. Anyways, thx to everyone for all the help & contributions, and hopefully I'll be back here if I get lucky with a rare GSF find in Russia. Ttyl gents & make sure to take care of your GSFs'! )
The following users liked this post:
NotFSport (01-18-21)
Old 01-17-21, 08:15 PM
NinjaNap
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by sashi
Well guys, I have found a buyer from California. He has put down an earnest money deposit and will be flying over in a few days to do the private sale transaction. I've owned over 20 cars in my lifetime, but never been this sad to let go of a car.....
I'll be giving my GSF one final "full detail" worth $200 at the Lexus dealership as a farewell gift to my beloved GSF before I turn it over to the new owner to continue to take care of my baby.

My thoughts to the current GSF owners is, take care of this car. I have a good feeling it'll retain its value and will be a classic hit many years from now. Maybe I'll be lucky to pickup a well maintained GSF in Russia once I move, but I highly doubt it considering only a few examples(I think 150) were shipped over there during a short run of 2 years.

Until I move, I plan to do a deal at a dealership once I turn over my GSF and get a used Mitsu Mirage for a few months to drive for around $5K. Anyways, thx to everyone for all the help & contributions, and hopefully I'll be back here if I get lucky with a rare GSF find in Russia. Ttyl gents & make sure to take care of your GSFs'! )
You’re in a tough spot but making the right decision. The GSF will definitely be a classic especially with the US states already starting to ban the sale of gas engines by 2030. With the discontinuation of the GSF, now the canceling of the LCF, and Toyota ending V8 production - this car will be highly desired.

Still, the import costs you cited are ridiculous. But you could always just get an R34 GTR now that you’re not in the states but if you’re in Russia it’s a requirement that you get an M5 now

Last edited by NinjaNap; 01-17-21 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-17-21, 08:40 PM
sashi
Rookie

Originally Posted by NinjaNap
You’re in a tough spot but making the right decision. The GSF will definitely be a classic especially with the US states already starting to ban the sale of gas engines by 2030. With the discontinuation of the GSF, now the canceling of the LCF, and Toyota ending V8 production - this car will be highly desired.

Still, the import costs you cited are ridiculous. But you could always just get an R34 GTR now that you’re not in the states but if you’re in Russia it’s a requirement that you get an M5 now
👍

I don't think the roads will be good enoigh for those cars. I plan to just be carless since public transportation is so good everywhere else in the world, excluding the western countries... Maybe a Toyota Prado if I cannot find a used GSF. But I plan to enjoy public transport for at least the first year or two.
Old 01-18-21, 03:14 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,018 Likes on 2,434 Posts

Originally Posted by NinjaNap

Only California and 2035. A lot could change between now and then.
Old 01-18-21, 07:34 AM
NinjaNap
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Only California and 2035. A lot could change between now and then.
Massachusetts joined that 2035 ban as well. Expect NY to join later. With what Europe is doing and companies like Volvo voluntarily going full EV lineups I don’t see things stopping.
Old 01-18-21, 08:40 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,018 Likes on 2,434 Posts

I don't either when solid state batteries can be charged as quickly as a gas fill up and the performance of electrics makes ICE platforms wince. The only problem is there isn't anywhere near enough electricity to support the majority of the population using electric vehicles, and it's not on the drawing board either. We're in for a really bumpy ride.

I am not optimistic of the long term value of these cars - any of them - in my garage.
Old 01-20-21, 03:27 PM
sashi
Rookie

SOLD.
Hope to cya guys again soon!
The following users liked this post:
NinjaNap (01-20-21)
Old 01-20-21, 07:48 PM
sashi
Rookie

Just picked up a used 2017 Mitsu Mirage ES Stick Shift, 16,350 miles, & Clean CARFAX report for CHEAP!

Will go ahead and post it for sale here in about 8-12 months when I move to overseas!!!

So fun driving a stick again in like 10 years.... Lol