GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

remote start

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-20, 10:42 AM
slamnss
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote start

Hi guys I'm wondering to know if anyone has issue with there inform app and key fob remote start I have 500 miles on my 2020 GS F and this is my second trip to prestige Lexus in NJ they have the car since Tuesday and it seems they can't figure it out . any help here is highly appreciated .
Old 12-10-20, 08:21 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Two threads down:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...h-key-fob.html

It seems the consensus is that you need to have the Enform app enabled to use the FOB. I never registered for it (perhaps the dealer did) but it works
with the FOB on my '18.
The following users liked this post:
Blewbayou (01-04-21)
Old 12-11-20, 02:27 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 877 Likes on 661 Posts

2020 and 2021 Lexi have the entire Enform program complimentary for 36 months, Enform Safety Connect
(the overhead SOS button), Fob Remote Start, phone app RS, Dynamic Navigation.
Previous years had only the Safety Connect for more than one (1) year.

The network that the "Lexus" app (black icon w/silver Lexus Logo) has been glitchy lately.
1) confirm you can remote start the car with the fob using the three (3) lock button press cadence,
press/release/press/release/press & hold.
If that doesn't work (try more than once, it is a bit fussy, has to be done quickly) the car may need the
dealer to perform a relatively simple "handshake" tech tool procedure.
2) Delete the Lexus App (and all its contents...) from your device and reinstall. Turn the phone fully off and on.
Sign back in with e-mail and password. See if the Lexus App is displaying the current fuel level and mileage.
If not, "Pull" down the page to refresh the connection. If current then try an easy function such as Lock or Unlock.
Easy for the system in that it does not need to check the status of everything as it does when Remote Starting.
OK, it remotely locked the doors? Wait 30 seconds and try the Remote Start. This whole work through should
restore the system. If any or all of this fails press the overhead SOS button and follow prompts to "Operator".
Old 12-23-20, 07:26 PM
robert2423
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by slamnss
Hi guys I'm wondering to know if anyone has issue with there inform app and key fob remote start I have 500 miles on my 2020 GS F and this is my second trip to prestige Lexus in NJ they have the car since Tuesday and it seems they can't figure it out . any help here is highly appreciated .
I'm having the same issues. Pretty annoying when I cant remote start my car in the winter... But they sure like charging me for it. Any ideas what needs to be done? Anyone else having issues?
Old 12-24-20, 08:31 AM
mth2k
Driver School Candidate

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts

I have never gotten the "new" app to work on my GS F. I have a GX 460 that was enrolled under the old app and that car still works even after migrating to new app. Anyone ever figure out how to stop the engine from stopping when opening the door? Very annoying to have to restart the engine.
Old 12-26-20, 11:44 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by mth2k
I have never gotten the "new" app to work on my GS F. I have a GX 460 that was enrolled under the old app and that car still works even after migrating to new app. Anyone ever figure out how to stop the engine from stopping when opening the door? Very annoying to have to restart the engine.
that is a security feature with all lexus with push to start
Old 12-28-20, 07:06 AM
mth2k
Driver School Candidate

I had the same "security feature" on a 2016 4Runner. It's pretty obnoxious especially in FL where it's over 140 degrees inside the car in summer. I was able to find a reputable local car electronics company to install a Fortin EVO-ALL bypass module. This allowed me to to remote start takeover. Works like a champ.
Old 12-30-20, 06:29 PM
slamnss
Driver School Candidate

Well they fixed it! I finally got my car back on Saturday 12/26 they replaced the DCM control unit behind the glove box.
Old 12-31-20, 05:17 AM
mth2k
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by slamnss
Well they fixed it! I finally got my car back on Saturday 12/26 they replaced the DCM control unit behind the glove box.
Did you have to re-associate the car to the app, or did it just work out of the gate when they gave it back to you with the replaced control box?
Old 01-03-21, 03:30 PM
carbonguards
Former Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mth2k
I had the same "security feature" on a 2016 4Runner. It's pretty obnoxious especially in FL where it's over 140 degrees inside the car in summer. I was able to find a reputable local car electronics company to install a Fortin EVO-ALL bypass module. This allowed me to to remote start takeover. Works like a champ.
You added the bypass to your 4Runner or GSF? Any info you could provide would be great - looking for a way to circumvent this safety feature. Thanks.
Old 01-03-21, 05:51 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by carbonguards
You added the bypass to your 4Runner or GSF? Any info you could provide would be great - looking for a way to circumvent this safety feature. Thanks.
if the 4runner has a key like i saw online and not a push to start then it works but with push to start there’s no way to take over
Old 01-03-21, 07:50 PM
carbonguards
Former Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by blackisF08
if the 4runner has a key like i saw online and not a push to start then it works but with push to start there’s no way to take over
Gotcha, thanks. I thought that was the case but his comment gave me hope for a minute.
Old 01-04-21, 04:33 AM
Blewbayou
Driver School Candidate

Default Criminal

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
Two threads down:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...h-key-fob.html

It seems the consensus is that you need to have the Enform app enabled to use the FOB. I never registered for it (perhaps the dealer did) but it works
with the FOB on my '18.
I also own a 2016 infinity-had the trial subscription to start car with phone. It expired but I can still start the car with my fob. Come on Lexus-the ability is there. If you’re going to cancel the subscription requirement let’s us use the fob for it’s designed purpose. It should be standard feature for such a luxurious vehicle.