GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Local Suspension Shop

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-21, 04:26 PM
Iseluby
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local Suspension Shop

I apologize if this subject has been covered before but I couldn't find any info for a good suspension shop in a search on the forum.

I am in San Jose, CA (Bay Area) and need a recommendation for a good suspension shop. Took my Gsf into my normal mechanic who swore he could install my Swift lowering springs correctly. In less than 200 miles both of my shocks are now leaking. Looking to replace with coilovers but I need a recommendation for a good shop that knows what they are doing.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 01-15-21, 09:10 PM
Amazon
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Iseluby
I apologize if this subject has been covered before but I couldn't find any info for a good suspension shop in a search on the forum.

I am in San Jose, CA (Bay Area) and need a recommendation for a good suspension shop. Took my Gsf into my normal mechanic who swore he could install my Swift lowering springs correctly. In less than 200 miles both of my shocks are now leaking. Looking to replace with coilovers but I need a recommendation for a good shop that knows what they are doing.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Danny @ HTL Motorsports in Santa Clara
He's the only person I bring my GSF to.
The following users liked this post:
NinjaNap (01-17-21)
Old 01-17-21, 07:48 AM
NinjaNap
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Amazon
Danny @ HTL Motorsports in Santa Clara
He's the only person I bring my GSF to.
These guys are only a couple hours from me. Are they a boutique or do they do engine work as well? They look great!
Old 01-17-21, 09:40 AM
Amazon
Rookie

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by NinjaNap
These guys are only a couple hours from me. Are they a boutique or do they do engine work as well? They look great!
He does engine work too.
Give him a call for more info.
Old 01-20-21, 12:22 PM
RATEDF
Driver

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Iseluby
I am in San Jose, CA (Bay Area) and need a recommendation for a good suspension shop. Took my Gsf into my normal mechanic who swore he could install my Swift lowering springs correctly. In less than 200 miles both of my shocks are now leaking. Looking to replace with coilovers
How many miles are on your stock struts? Just curious as to what went incorrect in the install that caused the stock struts to leak?
The mechanic that installed your springs will be able to install your coilovers too. It's a relatively simple install.
Old 01-20-21, 03:00 PM
kukudm
Pit Crew

Received 67 Likes on 42 Posts

Yea, should be a simple install. Both front shocks leaking? Or rear ones, or all of them? Swift springs are known for their quality, maybe the shop mounted wrong springs front to rear?
Old 01-20-21, 04:36 PM
Iseluby
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock struts had 9400 original miles on them. Start leaking at around 9600. Fronts only. Rears are ok. Agree that it should be a simple install. Perhaps they did mix up the springs. Been checking replacement shock prices and looks like they are around $175 each + installation. Thinking I should just bite the bullet and put that money towards a good set of coilovers.
Old 01-20-21, 11:03 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,955 Likes on 2,395 Posts

Originally Posted by kukudm
Yea, should be a simple install. Both front shocks leaking? Or rear ones, or all of them? Swift springs are known for their quality, maybe the shop mounted wrong springs front to rear?
Not by anyone who actually tests them for the rate they show on the box. Only Hypercoil owns that reputation.