GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Thoughts on this GS F?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-21 | 03:31 PM
slowturbo
Driver School Candidate

Default Thoughts on this GS F?

Hi Everyone,

My family is growing and i am considering upgrading to a bigger car. I was on here a few years ago looking at an ISF, but ultimately passed and got a 911 instead. Then, I got a Ford Focus RS which has been great, but I’m worried it is too small for all the baby stuff we need to lug around.

I have always lusted after the F models but never owned a Lexus. I came across this car and wanted to get the group’s thoughts. It seems like a good deal to me, but I wonder why it hasn’t sold. Is there anything I am missing here?

Thanks for the help!
Alan

https://www.raycatenalexus.com/inven...p1bl2ga001316/
Old 01-18-21 | 03:36 PM
Teutonic
Intermediate

I believe you can set up a lexus account, enter the vin of this car, and get some more info regarding it's service history, etc.
Old 01-18-21 | 05:38 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

I looked the car up for the OP. It has been dealer serviced since new. There was a paintless dent removal, a couple of the wheels have been refinished and the bumpers have been refinished. The car has stayed in the state of New York. It looks clean to me

Welcome to the site, lot's of GREAT information here and GREAT folks to share it with.

Lou
Old 01-18-21 | 07:25 PM
NinjaNap
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by slowturbo
Hi Everyone,

My family is growing and i am considering upgrading to a bigger car. I was on here a few years ago looking at an ISF, but ultimately passed and got a 911 instead. Then, I got a Ford Focus RS which has been great, but I’m worried it is too small for all the baby stuff we need to lug around.

I have always lusted after the F models but never owned a Lexus. I came across this car and wanted to get the group’s thoughts. It seems like a good deal to me, but I wonder why it hasn’t sold. Is there anything I am missing here?

Thanks for the help!
Alan

https://www.raycatenalexus.com/inven...p1bl2ga001316/
I highly recommend you view any used 2016 GSF in person no matter how good the pics look. The interiors are almost always thrashed on the 2016s. It took me 2 years to find a one-owner / clean title but mine still needed paint work because Lexus has the worst clear coat I’ve ever seen. I looked at two that were off lease and they were just destroyed (deep indents in back seat leather from car seats, leather scuffs from kids kicking seats, and carbon fiber fading/clear coat cracking).

Good luck!
Old 01-19-21 | 08:58 AM
Tom44
Pit Crew

I actually drove this car last week.

According to the dealer, this car was leased and ray catena was the servicing dealer and they ultimately bought it from Lexus when lease was up and is being sold as a cpo.

it drove really well, no issues at all. Interior is in good shape for a car with 40k miles. There’s wear on the suede wrist rest below the infotainment mouse. Seats are in good shape as well. Steering is in good condition. Pedals are well worn with heavy scuffing even on foot rest (maybe they’ll replace if you ask them).

Few scratches on the body which is to be expected. Scuff underneath the right side skirt near right passenger wheel. I believe they refinished the wheels as well. Guy confirmed 45k, 50k, 60k and 65k services are covered (brakes are not covered).

My point of reference is a 2016 GSF with 21k miles and mine is in immaculate condition so maybe I’m a bit biased on what a 40k mile car should wear like, but to me I’d say it’s in good shape. I’d give the interior a B/B+, exterior a B+/A-. Again I’m probably being very critical and all the wear is in areas of the car where you’d expect.

Contact Bob Pellecchia at Ray Catena Lexus. He was great, no pressure to buy, and very professional.

Last edited by Tom44; 01-19-21 at 01:37 PM.