GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Views on Novel Headers, stock catback for GSF

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-23, 05:04 AM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by NotnFsport
02 wiring extensions are not required for Novel headers.
Happy to stand corrected. I think what I was thinking about was the O2 extenders that connect to the mid pipe.
The following users liked this post:
Nunz (02-27-23)
Old 05-28-23, 08:39 PM
ISDAS
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 27 Posts

my set of revised EL RHD go on tomorrow! will hopefully be able to add some sound clips to this thread soon!

I will be running these with a tom's axle.

designo (05-28-23)
Old 05-29-23, 07:12 PM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Originally Posted by ISDAS
my set of revised EL RHD go on tomorrow! will hopefully be able to add some sound clips to this thread soon!

I will be running these with a tom's axle.

So this is what my new Novel headers will look like. These look significantly better than the old version with more bends than cuts. Per Steve at @ModInJapan , mine (EL LHD) should be shipping out this week to the USA.
Nunz (05-30-23)
Old 05-30-23, 01:28 AM
ISDAS
Intermediate

NOVEL is in! quick preview - better vids soon.

https://youtube.com/shorts/2jMMeYvEsBI?feature=share
The following 2 users liked this post by ISDAS:
designo (06-01-23), Nunz (05-30-23)
Old 05-30-23, 05:18 AM
ArticKnght
Advanced

NOVEL is in! quick preview - better vids soon.

https://youtube.com/shorts/2jMMeYvEsBI?feature=share
Can’t watch the video because it’s set as private.
Old 05-30-23, 05:33 AM
ISDAS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ArticKnght
Can’t watch the video because it’s set as private.
Fixed it up, should work now
Nunz (05-30-23)
Old 05-30-23, 09:18 AM
Nunz
Pit Crew

Received 136 Likes on 69 Posts

Fixed it up, should work now
Sounds fantastic... I hope to join the Novel header bus within the next year
ISDAS (05-30-23)
Old 05-30-23, 05:15 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by ArticKnght
So this is what my new Novel headers will look like. These look significantly better than the old version with more bends than cuts. Per Steve at @ModInJapan , mine (EL LHD) should be shipping out this week to the USA.
hopefully your set is not f#cked. What I mean is a friend had a set of new revised ones and the build quality was straight sh#t. A huge restrictive runner on the passenger side which made absolutely no sense. We thought it was for the oil dip stick but it wasn't. And now on the drivers side the fitment from collector to the catback exhaust requires 4 plus gaskets. Complete sh#t show. Steven is serioulsy a stand up guy thay did his best with this I won't say what Novel did and didn't do. I am just glad I didnt pay msrp for the full Novel system for my GSF.
bakalag (05-30-23)
Old 05-30-23, 05:24 PM
Nunz
Pit Crew

Received 136 Likes on 69 Posts

hopefully your set is not f#cked. What I mean is a friend had a set of new revised ones and the build quality was straight sh#t. A huge restrictive runner on the passenger side which made absolutely no sense. We thought it was for the oil dip stick but it wasn't. And now on the drivers side the fitment from collector to the catback exhaust requires 4 plus gaskets. Complete sh#t show. Steven is serioulsy a stand up guy thay did his best with this I won't say what Novel did and didn't do. I am just glad I didnt pay msrp for the full Novel system for my GSF.
If I am following you, the non-revised Novel exhaust is the one to look for? So does anyone know why they revised them?
Old 05-30-23, 05:31 PM
ISDAS
Intermediate

Novel supplied a replacement dip stick (was used for the install) - but this was for a RHD config, so maybe that's got something to do with what you mentioned above re the LHD set?

Last edited by ISDAS; 05-30-23 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-30-23, 06:39 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nunz
If I am following you, the non-revised Novel exhaust is the one to look for? So does anyone know why they revised them?
Yes the non revised are the ones that are good to go.. The original is perfectly fine outside the price..lol
Old 05-30-23, 06:51 PM
NotnFsport
Instructor

Look how much was taken away from this runner. Makes absolutely no sense at all. And this is not the runner for the oil dip stick. Complete disappointment.
Old 05-30-23, 07:01 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,052 Posts

What is that, like a 30-40% restriction in flow coming directly from the cylinder head exhaust port exit side?
Old 05-30-23, 07:40 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,957 Likes on 2,396 Posts

Look how much was taken away from this runner. Makes absolutely no sense at all. And this is not the runner for the oil dip stick. Complete disappointment.
I would send that back and do something else. Sure, it's a beast to get it right, but for what they charge, there's no reason it isn't right. Honestly, I wasn't terribly impressed with the slices and patches in the original pics in this thread.

Originally Posted by jgscott
What is that, like a 30-40% restriction in flow coming directly from the cylinder head exhaust port exit side?
Sure looks like it. They even put a whole lot of work into making that horrible conclusion. Welding that up was no cake walk.

So far the only thing I see is a lot of money for a different sound, but very likely not the best performance. Not a fan at all.
jgscott (05-30-23)
Old 05-30-23, 08:12 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,052 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I would send that back and do something else. Sure, it's a beast to get it right, but for what they charge, there's no reason it isn't right. Honestly, I wasn't terribly impressed with the slices and patches in the original pics in this thread.

Sure looks like it. They even put a whole lot of work into making that horrible conclusion. Welding that up was no cake walk.

So far the only thing I see is a lot of money for a different sound, but very likely not the best performance. Not a fan at all.
+1 on the pass. Yes that welding took some art work. You would almost need like the Haltech to be able to Tune each cylinder properly cause that ones going to need a different a/f adjustment. I mean I guess it still will work but....

So the 1st set they made did not have that crimp? But now they produce those? Why? What's the story?

Quick Reply: Views on Novel Headers, stock catback for GSF