What are your thoughts on this GSF

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-21, 07:16 AM
Moos0004
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Lexus pace cars

Originally Posted by TrevorR
No doubt in my mind that this is a track car. Its known on this forum that the majority of the Lexus performance track cars were registered in Missouri. Additionally, this car has had brakes already replaced at 300 miles. On top of everything, the brake issue was for hotspots, which is a common issue with heavily tracked cars.

Whether or not it is worth it to purchase is up to you, these are well maintained cars.
These were Lexus Pace cars at Laguna Seca. Just search gsf pace cars in youtube. They were 3 of them at the auction. All identical. I would buy one. If someone bought it and don't want it give me a shout. I got talked out of buying the last one yesterday and now I am mad at myself for not buying it.

Last edited by Moos0004; 02-06-21 at 07:20 AM.
Old 02-06-21, 08:15 AM
CPMD
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Moos0004
These were Lexus Pace cars at Laguna Seca. Just search gsf pace cars in youtube. They were 3 of them at the auction. All identical. I would buy one. If someone bought it and don't want it give me a shout. I got talked out of buying the last one yesterday and now I am mad at myself for not buying it.
I stand corrected. Lexus did in fact install aftermarket seats along with other items, based on the auction report.

Last edited by CPMD; 02-11-21 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-06-21, 08:36 AM
Moos0004
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Pace cars

here are all three cars. All three were at the auction the past few weeks we all identical defects/damage that corrisponds to this pace car set up. The holes in the roof were for the pace car lights you see on top. Why else would there be those holes in the roof? All 3 cars have the exact same holes in the roof just like the auction car and the holes in the trunk for the fire supression system. I did extensive research on hear 3 cars and can tell you they are the pace cars. Not luexus lexus performance driving school cars. All the misinformation on the carfax also suggest these were Lexus own and not sold to someone or a company. What I mean by this is the color was report as black on the carfax for one of these vehicles. This type of error is common on the "marketing" vehicle when they take them in for inspection.. I still have the check in my hand from the bank for buying the 2016 that sold yesterday at auction. Wished I had pulled the trigger. They were great cars that just needed some tlc. I have lots of info of these three cars as I downloaded the info from Manheim to research when they can up
Old 02-06-21, 09:03 AM
CPMD
Advanced

https://youtu.be/wXaia_E3b5Q here are all three cars. All three were at the auction the past few weeks we all identical defects/damage that corrisponds to this pace car set up. The holes in the roof were for the pace car lights you see on top. Why else would there be those holes in the roof? All 3 cars have the exact same holes in the roof just like the auction car and the holes in the trunk for the fire supression system. I did extensive research on hear 3 cars and can tell you they are the pace cars. Not luexus lexus performance driving school cars. All the misinformation on the carfax also suggest these were Lexus own and not sold to someone or a company. What I mean by this is the color was report as black on the carfax for one of these vehicles. This type of error is common on the "marketing" vehicle when they take them in for inspection.. I still have the check in my hand from the bank for buying the 2016 that sold yesterday at auction. Wished I had pulled the trigger. They were great cars that just needed some tlc. I have lots of info of these three cars as I downloaded the info from Manheim to research when they can up
I’m not buying a car like this that had holes drilled into it. I’ve also seen other videos on YouTube. It’s got other stuff going on so, I don’t feel comfortable with the purchase.
Old 02-13-21, 08:10 PM
IAMOBS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://youtu.be/wXaia_E3b5Q here are all three cars. All three were at the auction the past few weeks we all identical defects/damage that corrisponds to this pace car set up. The holes in the roof were for the pace car lights you see on top. Why else would there be those holes in the roof? All 3 cars have the exact same holes in the roof just like the auction car and the holes in the trunk for the fire supression system. I did extensive research on hear 3 cars and can tell you they are the pace cars. Not luexus lexus performance driving school cars. All the misinformation on the carfax also suggest these were Lexus own and not sold to someone or a company. What I mean by this is the color was report as black on the carfax for one of these vehicles. This type of error is common on the "marketing" vehicle when they take them in for inspection.. I still have the check in my hand from the bank for buying the 2016 that sold yesterday at auction. Wished I had pulled the trigger. They were great cars that just needed some tlc. I have lots of info of these three cars as I downloaded the info from Manheim to research when they can up

Hey all,

just signed up here a few days ago and just noticed this thread. Normally I’m on an Oakley forum because I”m a big dork and have more than half a used GSF in vintage Oakleys 🙄. I took a chance on it. The last 2 that have come up here locally sold in just a couple of days. I spoke to the manager and the salesperson about it quite a bit. They replaced the windshield which they got from Lexus on Thursday, took the headliner down and welded from underneath, repainted the whole roof. I spoke with a friend who restores vintage cars in CA and he concurred that it shouldn’t have any issues after that.

The racing seats, upgraded brakes, sport suspension and Apexi exhaust were all done at TRD, I spoke with the fella that did all of the mods as I was looking for the OEM seats which he still has in great condition as well as the trunk liner, OEM springs, mats, jack, fire extinguisher, papers, so I’ll have to arrange getting those too. He said a panel out of each B pillar had to be taken out to accommodate the racing seats. He said since there are airbags in the seats they don’t like to ship them. I gave him the VIN so he could match the seats so I wouldn’t have any issues with codes. The bar in the back is just attached to the LATCH system so easily removed. There are however 3 holes in one part of the CF trim (approx 3”x3” piece) on the left part of the dash and 2 small lights that were installed on the black trim piece below The bumper but it looks like that can be had for about $200 new. Sounds like they were used as pace cars yes but also for show, directing traffic, etc. I’ll have him send pics of the front spoiler but he assured me that the paint was in good shape and no evidence of decal residue

I can see why it would have gotten poor ratings at auction. With the OEM seats out the airbag light was on but should be fine once I have the seats. The trunk was stripped down to the sheet metal, holes in the roof, 3 holes in the dash for the controls for the lights, of course it looked like hell, I’m sure the racetrack had zero interest in getting top dollar for it so no work was done to it.

the dealer gets pretty good ratings and has a good history of selling nice rides so I guess we’ll see. The salesman has been super communicative and helpful. I was planning on flying there this weekend but the weather for the 15 hour drive home looked pretty terrible. Enclosed trailered for about $900 will have it here Friday or Saturday. Should be able to get the seats in a couple of weeks.

Old 02-14-21, 04:52 AM
CPMD
Advanced

Originally Posted by IAMOBS
Hey all,

just signed up here a few days ago and just noticed this thread. Normally I’m on an Oakley forum because I”m a big dork and have more than half a used GSF in vintage Oakleys 🙄. I took a chance on it. The last 2 that have come up here locally sold in just a couple of days. I spoke to the manager and the salesperson about it quite a bit. They replaced the windshield which they got from Lexus on Thursday, took the headliner down and welded from underneath, repainted the whole roof. I spoke with a friend who restores vintage cars in CA and he concurred that it shouldn’t have any issues after that.

The racing seats, upgraded brakes, sport suspension and Apexi exhaust were all done at TRD, I spoke with the fella that did all of the mods as I was looking for the OEM seats which he still has in great condition as well as the trunk liner, OEM springs, mats, jack, fire extinguisher, papers, so I’ll have to arrange getting those too. He said a panel out of each B pillar had to be taken out to accommodate the racing seats. He said since there are airbags in the seats they don’t like to ship them. I gave him the VIN so he could match the seats so I wouldn’t have any issues with codes. The bar in the back is just attached to the LATCH system so easily removed. There are however 3 holes in one part of the CF trim (approx 3”x3” piece) on the left part of the dash and 2 small lights that were installed on the black trim piece below The bumper but it looks like that can be had for about $200 new. Sounds like they were used as pace cars yes but also for show, directing traffic, etc. I’ll have him send pics of the front spoiler but he assured me that the paint was in good shape and no evidence of decal residue

I can see why it would have gotten poor ratings at auction. With the OEM seats out the airbag light was on but should be fine once I have the seats. The trunk was stripped down to the sheet metal, holes in the roof, 3 holes in the dash for the controls for the lights, of course it looked like hell, I’m sure the racetrack had zero interest in getting top dollar for it so no work was done to it.

the dealer gets pretty good ratings and has a good history of selling nice rides so I guess we’ll see. The salesman has been super communicative and helpful. I was planning on flying there this weekend but the weather for the 15 hour drive home looked pretty terrible. Enclosed trailered for about $900 will have it here Friday or Saturday. Should be able to get the seats in a couple of weeks.

I passed on the car because of the initial pictures the dealership gave me, as well as the damage report. The tires are melted and need replaced, headlights are chipped, front cf lip chewed up, front end hood chips >10, etc.

They were used more than just cars “directing traffic”. If the tires are melted and already need replacement at 2k miles, and brake pads replaced only at 300, logically it was tracked heavily. I can even see stress cracks on the front rotors. Think about it, logically speaking, would they install racing seats, aftermarket suspension and exhaust just to direct traffic? So the other reason why I passed on it was due to being abused, due to the unknown damage of 2.5k plus track miles. To me, it’s not worth the risk.
Old 02-14-21, 08:01 AM
IAMOBS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He’s going to send more pics. I’ll see. Do you have the pics he sent?
Old 02-14-21, 08:50 AM
Teutonic
Intermediate

Received 94 Likes on 74 Posts

Yeah, a pace car gets flogged by visitors/guests at times I'd assume. It'd be nice if they took a little more care when storing the OEM seats in the pictures.