GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

AC servo recall

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-23, 10:06 AM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

@kukudm - thanks for the reply, that is what I figured, which is why I am hesitant to bring the car in.

I had a '17 F-Sport prior and the A/C was ice cold and really strong, even some of my vintage cars seem
to have better cooling...
Old 07-13-23, 01:35 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,010 Likes on 2,429 Posts

I just did a long trip in the GS F, and the A/C was freezing my hands while driving. I moved the vents to stop this, but the air coming out of the vents was super cold.

There is a quick check the dealership can run (or you can if you have access to Techstream) and it will tell you if the system has sufficient charge using a test protocol in Techstream.
The following users liked this post:
IMAGINTHAT (07-13-23)
Old 07-13-23, 06:30 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,360 Likes on 1,079 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I just ran the test on mine (myself using the service bulletin and Techstream), and there were zero issues, so I won't bother with trying to get it "fixed". The service bulletin (no, it's NOT a recall) is for cars with a problem. If your car doesn't have a problem, they're not going to do anything and rightly so. Why fix what isn't broken?
I took my 13 GS350 Lux with 41k to the Dealer last year to get the Struts checked out. When I got it back the Ticket said they did a a/c Climate service. I ask them what was that about? They advised me they did the Servo fix. I asked them who asked them to do it, and why did they not ask me 1st? They went into excuses and the regular customer explanation bs.

I advised them I had no climate problems and would have 100% declined had they asked me. Turns out they did a ECU update or something like that for reprograming. I told them that if it did mess up, I would be back and they would be paying for it being I never told them to touch it. It pissed me off. I have not had any problems so far.
Old 07-14-23, 10:03 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by jgscott
I took my 13 GS350 Lux with 41k to the Dealer last year to get the Struts checked out. When I got it back the Ticket said they did a a/c Climate service. I ask them what was that about? They advised me they did the Servo fix. I asked them who asked them to do it, and why did they not ask me 1st? They went into excuses and the regular customer explanation bs.

I advised them I had no climate problems and would have 100% declined had they asked me. Turns out they did a ECU update or something like that for reprograming. I told them that if it did mess up, I would be back and they would be paying for it being I never told them to touch it. It pissed me off. I have not had any problems so far.
There is a software update, and it's available through TIS, but it's only for problem vehicles. I would have been pissed too.
jgscott (07-15-23)
Old 01-25-24, 05:09 PM
IMAGINTHAT
Intermediate

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

As an update to my previous post, I finally took my car in. I tired using the heat (rarely use heat here in Palm Springs) and zero air was coming out.

Here's the frustrating thing, I have a good rapport with my service advisor so I don't think he would intentionally give me the run around. Even though
my car is covered under the extended warranty that I purchased when I bought the car and even though there is a service bulletin out on the issue, he
said that he has to get the work approved under the warranty before they can start. I was initially told 1.5 days. Long story short, they had the car for a
week and all the work was covered at zero cost to me. He knows I'm very picky so he kept it indoors at all times and was sending me pictures to confirm.

In past when I would bring my cars in for warranty work it was done without the red tape. Is this the new normal for Lexus ?

Old 01-25-24, 07:58 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
As an update to my previous post, I finally took my car in. I tired using the heat (rarely use heat here in Palm Springs) and zero air was coming out.

Here's the frustrating thing, I have a good rapport with my service advisor so I don't think he would intentionally give me the run around. Even though
my car is covered under the extended warranty that I purchased when I bought the car and even though there is a service bulletin out on the issue, he
said that he has to get the work approved under the warranty before they can start. I was initially told 1.5 days. Long story short, they had the car for a
week and all the work was covered at zero cost to me. He knows I'm very picky so he kept it indoors at all times and was sending me pictures to confirm.

In past when I would bring my cars in for warranty work it was done without the red tape. Is this the new normal for Lexus ?
No. This specific LSB has a set of criteria the dealer has to show in order to get approved for the fix. I checked my car with Techstream, and it doesn't qualify. Everything works correctly.
IMAGINTHAT (01-26-24)
Old 01-28-24, 07:03 AM
Geese
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DDLexus
I thought my 2016 GSF was experiencing this problem too.
I’ve done this several times because I rarely have people in my back seats. I always forget to turn it on/off.
Old 06-04-24, 01:29 PM
GSFRider
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a MY'16 with 25k, I am two months into ownership. Noticed something off over the weekend with my HVAC system. The system was not sending air out of the correct vents, despiste selecting different HVAC modes, air was only coming up from behind the windshield. Ran the system HVAC self test and sure enough I have failed servo codes flashing. Dropped it off at dealer yesterday and waiting to hear back, I did read it can run north of $6k, and my advisor mentioned the replacement of these servos is a big and expensive job, the dash has to come out... hope my 90 warranty covers this or Lexus completes the work under 'Good Will" as I am beyond the Warranty Extended Program (WEP) on the servos....

Anyone here face this issue in 2024/recently and how did Lexus handle it? Thank you