GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Thoughts on this GSF?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-21, 02:45 PM
CZ75
Pit Crew

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by AristoLove
I saw the $59K Carvana one before it went pending, it was the color combo I wanted but too bad there were scratches and dents all over the the body...
Bodywork/paint alone would of costed me another $8K to $12K... couldn't do it.
Say what? All it says it has some light scratches to the clear coat. Did you see it in person or something?
Old 11-08-21, 05:53 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,363 Likes on 1,079 Posts

Originally Posted by MuaGS350
Hello,
I've been looking to upgrade my fsport to a GSF for some time now and wanted to get some input/thoughts from the experts on this forum:

https://www.freewaytoyota.com/invent...p1blxha002408/

Car reported minor damage BUT is clean title. Checking lexus service history; looks like steering was damaged and replaced at one point "Description: REPLACED FRONT SUB-FRAME, POWER STEERING RACK, MISC. BRACKETS/HARDWARE, AND PE ~|~FRONT SUB-FRAME, POWER STEERING RACK, AND MISC. BRACKETS DAMAGED DUE TO IMPACT, RECOMMEND REPLACING FRONT SUB-FRAME, POWER STEERING RACK, MISC. BRACKETS, AND CHECKING ALIGNMENT AFTER REPAIRS. ~|~IMPACT DAMAGE. (BILL INVOICE TO TUSTIN RANCH COLLISION) ~|~REPLACED FRONT SUB-FRAME, POWER STEERING RACK, MISC. BRACKETS/HARDWARE, AND PERFORMED 4 WHEEL ALIGNMENT AFTER REPAIRS; ALIGNMENT SPECIFICATIONS WITHIN TOLERANCES. TEST DROVE VEHICLE AND VERIFIED VEHICLE DRIVES/TRACKS STRAIGHT."

Would you buy this car?

Other option I was looking into:
https://www.carlsontoyota.com/all-in...s&model=GS%20F

Thanks in advance.
The Bold above stands out real Major! Could have been done correctly but still major in Front too. Price would have to be really really good to buy.
Old 11-08-21, 08:15 PM
AristoLove
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CZ75
Say what? All it says it has some light scratches to the clear coat. Did you see it in person or something?
Yes... was on that car as soon as it was listed on Carvana since been on the hunt for few months now.
Had support send us some extra pics, believe me the "light" scratches are much deeper than clearcoat.. especially the hood!!!
Some area it looked like they had buffed out previous scratches but had almost completely taken off the clearcoat on some rear panel areas.

The interior also had lots of scratches that you could not see that clearly online, when we asked why the online photos were so poorly represented we never got another email from them.

Needless to say been on the hunt still since... probably gonna stay away from Carvana for a while seems like their quality has gone south.
Old 11-08-21, 09:57 PM
CZ75
Pit Crew

Yes... was on that car as soon as it was listed on Carvana since been on the hunt for few months now.
Had support send us some extra pics, believe me the "light" scratches are much deeper than clearcoat.. especially the hood!!!
Some area it looked like they had buffed out previous scratches but had almost completely taken off the clearcoat on some rear panel areas.

The interior also had lots of scratches that you could not see that clearly online, when we asked why the online photos were so poorly represented we never got another email from them.

Needless to say been on the hunt still since... probably gonna stay away from Carvana for a while seems like their quality has gone south.
Wow, thats really bad. Boy am I glad I didn't get my hand on it because if it was still available I would have purchased it when I saw it on Carvana. I know that I definitely wouldn't have asked for additional photos. I did see that in their 150 point inspection it said that the dash and windshield were repaired/replaced. Pretty sketchy on what that might have been.

Last edited by CZ75; 11-08-21 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-09-21, 07:54 AM
finny76
Advanced

Received 83 Likes on 56 Posts
Exclamation

neither of those are available. They went into a pending sale the same day they were listed.
Here is another one with only 6K miles!

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ngId=612408771
Old 11-09-21, 07:57 AM
finny76
Advanced

Exclamation

I saw the $59K Carvana one before it went pending, it was the color combo I wanted but too bad there were scratches and dents all over the the body...
Bodywork/paint alone would of costed me another $8K to $12K... couldn't do it.
With that low miles and low price, there obviously had to be a catch! I'm glad that you were able to see all the defects and its a shame on CARVANA that they would not disclose or accurately represent those in the pictures...

Last edited by finny76; 11-09-21 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-09-21, 11:02 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 370 Likes on 241 Posts

Wow. Carvana. I guess I can scratch them off the list for used car buying. I thought the car really had 3 scratches since they're the only seller that actually showed where the defects are.
Private seller or certified from the dealer is the way to go.
The 2016 Certified GSF with 70K miles for $54K at my local dealership has been sold.
Old 11-09-21, 03:49 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
Seems like Carvana has some great prices and can get it delivered to your door.
Both are 1 owner with no accident. Seems like in excellent condition as well.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
The one in the second link with the Tom's diffuser has been beat on. I remember the previous owner doing burn outs every day on Instagram and he blew the TVD. It shows history of that on the Carfax.
Old 11-09-21, 04:37 PM
finny76
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by chrispy
The one in the second link with the Tom's diffuser has been beat on. I remember the previous owner doing burn outs every day on Instagram and he blew the TVD. It shows history of that on the Carfax.
LMAO... I feel sorry for the sucker that bought that car... Apparently its SOLD (not listed on CARVANAS website)

Old 11-09-21, 09:15 PM
CZ75
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by finny76
Here is another one with only 6K miles!

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ngId=612408771
It’s gone. What was the year and price?
Old 11-09-21, 11:47 PM
NinjaNap
Pit Crew

Received 79 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
Do you want to buy it? lol
The thing with private sale is that even if I'm able to sell it at a higher price than the dealer trade in, I lose on the taxes saved on the new purchase vehicle. For example, let say you sell your car privately at 10k. You'll get 10k in your pocket. And you purchase your new vehicle at 20K. You'll pay the tax on the 20K. If you get 8K at the dealership and purchase the new vehicle at 20K, you only be paying taxes on 12K.
This works out to be the same for me and I can just hand off the keys to the dealership, wash my hands, and drive home with the new vehicle without having to worry someone might come back and said there's something wrong with the car they purchased from me because they've effed it up. And all the paperwork will be done for you as well.
Unless you can private sell the vehicle at a much higher percentage than your sales tax, it's not worth the headache.

GSF is just not as popular up here. One of my local dealership has a certified 2016 GSF with 70K miles for $54K that has been sitting on the lot for more than 3 weeks. While a 2018 LC500 with 20K miles for $78K didn't last 48hrs.
You have to really like the GSF to get one.
IMO, it’s sitting for three weeks because it’s overpriced and not because there’s no demand. A 2016 with 70k miles shouldn’t be starting with a “5” in the price even if it is a CPO.
Old 11-10-21, 05:14 AM
NickL
Instructor

Originally Posted by NinjaNap
IMO, it’s sitting for three weeks because it’s overpriced and not because there’s no demand. A 2016 with 70k miles shouldn’t be starting with a “5” in the price even if it is a CPO.
It’s sold.
the mileage on a Lexus doesn’t really turn people away especially if it’s a local trade in with all services done at the same dealership. 70K miles daily driving is a lot better than 10K miles on the track on the weekend.
Old 11-10-21, 08:47 AM
finny76
Advanced

It’s gone. What was the year and price?
It was a Stock 2016 with only 6K miles, listed for $63K... Sold immediately! Seems someone jumped on it!
Old 11-10-21, 09:08 AM
CZ75
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by finny76
It was a Stock 2016 with only 6K miles, listed for $63K... Sold immediately! Seems someone jumped on it!
Wow, thats crazy. 6 year old vehicle and basically only has depreciated by 26k.
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (11-10-21)
Old 11-10-21, 09:54 AM
NickL
Instructor

Wow, thats crazy. 6 year old vehicle and basically only has depreciated by 26k.
Highly doubt he/she paid $89K in 2016.
I had a chance to buy a brand new 2017 back in 2017 for $76k. I now just paid more than that on a certified used 2020 with 10K miles on it. Interesting times...

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this GSF?