GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

GSF or LC for Weekend Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-21, 11:26 AM
Searosis
Pit Crew

Received 62 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by NickL
If I drive the GSF down the road, people would just take it as another GS(And I do like this aspect of it). Very rare that someone would know what it is.
Very true. Every time someone finds out I paid what I did for it they dont understand as a lightly used 911 is the same number. However I am a Lex guy through and through. I love and admire 911's but i will only stick to Lexus.
Old 10-22-21, 12:22 PM
NickL
Racer

Received 409 Likes on 267 Posts

True story. So I gave my father my '15 GS-F Sport. When the GSF was delivered and he looked at it and sat in it, his exact words were "This doesn't look like a 90K car." I get it. Besides the alcantara leather on the dash, armrest, door, what else is there. He looked around and said, I think I actually have more features on my car(GS-F Sport). It's true. I lost out on the heated steering wheel, rear sunshade, and AWD. That wasn't really why I bought a GSF right. But to a lot of people this is what they see. Whereas the LC500, you cannot drive more than a block without someone looking at it. It looks like a 100K car. This is why the LC500 sales figure is what it is and the GSF was what it was.
And because of the heads turn of the LC500, I'm hesitant to trade in the GSF for it. I don't like the attention at all.
Old 10-22-21, 12:53 PM
HKF
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

True story. So I gave my father my '15 GS-F Sport. When the GSF was delivered and he looked at it and sat in it, his exact words were "This doesn't look like a 90K car." I get it. Besides the alcantara leather on the dash, armrest, door, what else is there. He looked around and said, I think I actually have more features on my car(GS-F Sport). It's true. I lost out on the heated steering wheel, rear sunshade, and AWD. That wasn't really why I bought a GSF right. But to a lot of people this is what they see. Whereas the LC500, you cannot drive more than a block without someone looking at it. It looks like a 100K car. This is why the LC500 sales figure is what it is and the GSF was what it was.
And because of the heads turn of the LC500, I'm hesitant to trade in the GSF for it. I don't like the attention at all.
Heated steering wheel and the rear sunshade weren't available as options for GS F in the US?

Old 10-22-21, 01:24 PM
OrionHunt
Rookie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

The reason I got the GS F over the LC is because it doesn't draw attention. For most people it's just another Lexus sedan which is what I wanted. People don't understand the GS F and that's why it didn't sell. Power is more than you need in a street car and the lack of gimmicks like all the German cars I test drove is what drew me to it. It's old school and incredibly well put together. It still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. Maybe one day I'll get an LC.
Old 10-22-21, 06:11 PM
NickL
Racer

Originally Posted by HKF
Heated steering wheel and the rear sunshade weren't available as options for GS F in the US?
Those features never made it to the US unless you have the 2019 special edition. Canadian model however, have these features. Other country has the power trunk also. It frustrates me that my 30K cheaper F sport has the heated steering wheel(a $500 option) and my F does not.
The GSF was never a big seller especially in the Northeast region where I am. For one, it’s a RWD. Many other competitor at this price range offer AWD. Then add in the nerfed features like power trunk, heated steering wheel, rear shade, CarPlay, etc. the model was doomed before it even hit the dealership up in the NE. Precovid, pre discontinuation, the GSF just sat in my local dealership for months and months. Even a 15K discount off MSRP couldn’t move it.
The only reason why GSF is starting to get some attention it’s because of emission and MPG regulation that these V8s can no longer be produced. Adding in the YouTubers who say to get it before they’re gone and respark the interest of buying these cars hoping someday it will be a collectible. Again, I don’t see a vehicle that failed because of sales being a collectible or classic.
However, don’t get me wrong. I love the GS but there’s a reason why only 200something was produced in the last model year. You really have to like it and know what you’re getting to buy one.

Last edited by NickL; 10-23-21 at 04:03 AM.
Old 10-22-21, 10:37 PM
ashschwin
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 43 Posts

Kind of funny when I think that about the fact that the GSF is the most expensive car I have ever purchased and receives the least amount of attention. Very under the radar as 99% of people that I interact with don't know anything about it.
Old 10-23-21, 08:36 AM
NickL
Racer

Originally Posted by WaterFish
If that was the case then if I were you I would just get the LC500, sure the resale value might not be as good, but you will enjoy it more. Plus the market will always be bigger for LC500.

Look at the SC430, the resale value was amazing for it.
I don’t see this amazing resale value for the SC430. A 65-70K vehicle is now worth about <20k in the used market. This is about the same depreciation as a 3rd gen GS.
If you pay 100K for an LC500, keep it for 20years without driving it much and it’s worth 40K, would you say that’s a good buy? A used 2018 LC is about 73-75k. That’s 25K depreciation in 3 years. This is about the same as most other Lexus vehicle. It holds a Lexus resale value, yes. But far from being a good investment.
Old 10-23-21, 12:23 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

what looks a 90k car? A 550i m5,or amg e53, maybe a s6 or Quattroporte. I dont get it besides couple of features as you mentioned you have everything you need. Plus all the cars mentioned above have interiors not any better than gs or dont even look any different than their cheaper siblings
inhad a isf back in the day it was the same thing, isf is not a 65k car…does not look the part or missing x features. Well guess what that isf is working probably have 200k miles somewhere and those EU counterparts are in a mechanics shop or junk yard.

the re sale is nothing close as well. These days isf is a higjly sought after car. No one cares about the c63 which i almost bought back in 08.
No one i know paid 90k on this or even the lc, now the prices are up there but in the 2019 i could pick one up 10% off easy on the lc or gs.
and the germans discounts were about 20% or more. Almost pulled a trigger on a new rs7 because the deal was insane.
i heard the same thing when my friends father told me the lx does not look like a 100k car. While his x7 does..

Old 10-24-21, 10:58 AM
Flying3
Intermediate

Received 71 Likes on 41 Posts

Totally agree that no one knows this car. It's just a GS. The only time it gets special attention in my experience is at Lexus service. These guys love the car.
Old 10-24-21, 04:29 PM
NickL
Racer

Originally Posted by Flying3
Totally agree that no one knows this car. It's just a GS. The only time it gets special attention in my experience is at Lexus service. These guys love the car.
They also love the “road test” part of their service on the GSF.
Old 10-26-21, 07:23 PM
WaterFish
Pit Crew

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

I don’t see this amazing resale value for the SC430. A 65-70K vehicle is now worth about <20k in the used market. This is about the same depreciation as a 3rd gen GS.
If you pay 100K for an LC500, keep it for 20years without driving it much and it’s worth 40K, would you say that’s a good buy? A used 2018 LC is about 73-75k. That’s 25K depreciation in 3 years. This is about the same as most other Lexus vehicle. It holds a Lexus resale value, yes. But far from being a good investment.
Dude for a 20 year old car with 100k miles, 65k to 20k is a pretty good depreciation. If you want to invest into a car for investment, then get a R34 GTR, special edition supercars. Better yet why not stocks and mutual fund if it's an investment.
Old 10-27-21, 07:48 PM
Searosis
Pit Crew

Received 62 Likes on 31 Posts

Well I figured I would provide an update…

Decided to keep the GSF. Mine is the USB color with the black and white interior. Just too unique to let go. According to Lexus only 127 built in 2020 and only 13 of them had this color combo.

Dropped 5k on an APEXI/Tom’s exhaust today to ensure I wouldn’t get any further desires to sell. The V8 should be a bit more pleasing to the ears now.

Thank you all for your valued opinions!!
The following 4 users liked this post by Searosis:
1A1 (10-28-21), hillsnow (10-28-21), natnut (10-30-21), WaterFish (10-28-21)
Old 10-27-21, 08:35 PM
ashschwin
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Searosis

Decided to keep the GSF. Mine is the USB color with the black and white interior. Just too unique to let go. According to Lexus only 127 built in 2020 and only 13 of them had this color combo.

Dropped 5k on an APEXI/Tom’s exhaust today to ensure I wouldn’t get any further desires to sell. The V8 should be a bit more pleasing to the ears now.

That is the exact exhaust setup I have.......you will love it! No drone at all and sounds amazing at cold start and during cruising.
Old 10-28-21, 05:59 AM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts

Wow, I have the same color combo on my 2020. I figured it was pretty rare combo, but that is another level of rarity.
Old 10-28-21, 03:01 PM
Mazderati
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

According to Lexus only 127 built in 2020 and only 13 of them had this color combo.
Are the production numbers by year and color something Lexus provided? I've seen by year (only) but by year and color (both) would be cool to see.

Quick Reply: GSF or LC for Weekend Car