GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

GSF or LC for Weekend Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-21 | 04:48 PM
WaterFish
Pit Crew

Good for you buddy. Same boat as you.

Just ordered the RR racing exhaust, and hopefully it will be louder than my wife's 17 R8 v10+. Going full commitment on my USB too.
Old 10-29-21 | 10:27 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

gt haus is the loudest…of them all.

Originally Posted by WaterFish
Good for you buddy. Same boat as you.

Just ordered the RR racing exhaust, and hopefully it will be louder than my wife's 17 R8 v10+. Going full commitment on my USB too.
The following users liked this post:
WaterFish (10-29-21)
Old 10-29-21 | 05:12 PM
WaterFish
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by UZ214
gt haus is the loudest…of them all.
I gotta balance my kids' well being too XD
Old 11-01-21 | 01:24 PM
kukudm
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Searosis
Hey guys I received an amazing offer on my 20’ GSF and am considering selling to get an LC500 Vert.

I am quite torn about the decision as I love the GSF but I find that as a part time weekend car it doesn’t provide too much of a different experience than my daily driver LX. If one doesn’t drive the GSF hard one doesn’t appreciate its strong suit very much.

I know I’m asking this question in the GSF forum but was looking for honest feedback.

Consideration points are as follows:

1. I feel the GSF will hold its value way better than the LC.

2. I am thinking I may regret in 10 years when the gsf Low production numbers make its value skyrocket.

3. Thinking sell high now and buy an LC when this insanity of a market drops and put some $$ in my pocket.

I welcome any thoughts or opinions!!
Back to the original topic. For weekend car, I'd definitely go for the LC with a convertible. Nothing beats a relaxed, top down weekend drive in a beautiful and reliable N/A V8.
Old 11-01-21 | 02:02 PM
NickL
Racer

With the announcement of the Bespoke build available on 11/17, I went to the local dealer to check out the LC500 today. I'm interested in the coupe. The backseat is actually not that bad. I think I get fit my kid back there easily when he's old enough to get out of the carseat. My wife went back there and she fits(lol) but the roof line is a little too sharp and headroom was a little bit of an issue. But I think a small child should be fine. The backseat of the coupe is more usable than the convertible. The convertible is really a 2-person car. I wouldn't put anyone back there even a small child. The backseats on the convertible are like half the size of the coupe version.
My biggest concern is the trunk....Even if our family of 3 can fit, I'm not sure if we have enough trunk space for a weekend getaway. We can probably get to the beach with our beach chairs and backpacks but fitting any suitcase in the trunk would be an issue. I would like to go places with the LC and not just take a drive and back home.
Still, I think I'm going to build a 2022 LC500 coupe and send it to the dealer. Not sure if I'm going to keep the GSF or trade it in. One vehicle that is not driveable in the snow is enough in this region.
But that trunk space though....

Last edited by NickL; 11-01-21 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-04-21 | 11:23 AM
DDLexus
Racer

For those that say the GSF is a better 'performance' or 'track' car, take a look at the Car and Drive Lightning Lap results. Looks like the LC500 is a second quicker than the GSF. https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...storical-data/

Even if the GSF was only 1 second quick, which it wasn't, that makes me believe that these cars are evenly suited for the track/performance driving.
Old 11-04-21 | 12:27 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

What's comical about this is the IS F runs a faster lap than the standard RC F and the GS F on a track configuration before the big change in 2014.
For 2014, Haywood’s concerns have been addressed. While the track maintains its original racing line, the track was widened by six feet at several locations to allow easier passing.
which also means lap times aren't directly comparable. I mean they literally REMOVED the oak tree from Oak Tree, which was pretty ideal for driver safety, but that turn is now a very different turn than it was in 2011 when the IS F ran. Only the RC F TE makes a clear statement about being faster than any other Lexus short of the LFA, and honestly, the LFA's times were limited by the drivers not wanting to wreck a privately owned vehicle.

I own both an IS F and a GS F. They are very different cars, and IMHO, the IS F is way more fun to drive. There is little that could convince me the LC500 is as fun to drive as the IS F. All these later model cars are seriously hampered by weight. If Lexus could figure out how to get their cars 400 pounds lighter, the Germans would be afraid. But that's not happening and we all know it.
Old 11-04-21 | 01:15 PM
Mazderati
Driver

Didn't the VIR oak tree fall on its own? I don't think it was proactively removed for widening.

Sustained capability is also something to consider with respect to 'better.' As usual, it depends.
Old 11-05-21 | 10:42 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by Mazderati
Didn't the VIR oak tree fall on its own? I don't think it was proactively removed for widening.

Sustained capability is also something to consider with respect to 'better.' As usual, it depends.
Immaterial. The tree is gone and the track is wider significantly helping lap times. Lexus isn't serious about leading in performance and will never be.
Old 11-06-21 | 08:46 AM
Mazderati
Driver

It's a tangent but it is material. Suggesting VIR removed the tree to widen the track is not how it went down.
Old 11-06-21 | 01:27 PM
Teutonic
Intermediate

VIR is one of my favorite tracks. When I tracked there back in 2007, I was able to get a nice picture with checker coming out at Oak Tree with my car in frame. I was also under the impression, that the track has the same dimensions with and without Oak Tree.
Old 11-06-21 | 06:57 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by Teutonic
... I was also under the impression, that the track has the same dimensions with and without Oak Tree.
That's not what I found online when I looked for information about this. I have also heard the widening has improved lap times significantly enough that before and after can't be directly compared fairly.

But again, my IS F is still more fun to drive. It feels a lot more like a hooligan than the GS F. I haven't driven the LC500, and honestly, I'm not even slightly considering one. There are too many other intriguing choices in its price range.