GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Antigravity Battery

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-21, 09:19 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,006 Likes on 2,427 Posts
Default Antigravity Battery

I took advantage of the Black Friday sale 15% off sale at Antigravity Batteries and got the AG-24-30-RS with Left side positive terminal. I have this same battery in my IS F. If you call AG, they will tell you to get more than 30 Ah, but my experience with these batteries tells me the 30 Ah unit (also the cheapest) is more than adequate. Start up is dramatically different. The engine turns over WAY faster, and starts are almost instantaneous. The best part is, the battery is super light compared to the OEM or any other lead acid battery. It weighs slightly over 13 pounds vs. 44 pounds for a lead/acid battery. I am anticipating never buying another battery for this car as the service life is expected to be about 10 years. With the discount, I paid $667.81 including shipping from CA to GA. Best of all, I'll never see corroded terminals with this battery. It can't leak hydrogen like so many of the lead/acid batteries I've had that add new terminals/wiring to the TCO.

Installed in the GS F - ignore the dirt. This is the wife's car and doesn't get much special treatment:

An here's the battery that came out of the IS F - same Group 24 as the GS F.

There's a big thread on this in the IS F forum as well - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ery-today.html

Last edited by lobuxracer; 12-07-21 at 11:10 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
1wacko (12-08-21), Joe Z (12-07-21), ScatmanATL (12-07-21)
Old 12-07-21, 10:41 AM
NickL
Instructor

Received 370 Likes on 241 Posts

Wow. Awesome. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-07-21, 03:04 PM
kukudm
Pit Crew

Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Wondering if there's any special maintenance needed for this type of battery, when the car is only driven maybe once or twice a week.
The following users liked this post:
xdejablu3x (12-07-21)
Old 12-07-21, 06:35 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by kukudm
Wondering if there's any special maintenance needed for this type of battery, when the car is only driven maybe once or twice a week.
That's been working fine for me. Once or twice a month, and you should also get a suitable charger. I bought one for the battery in my Supra since it gets driven very intermittently.
Old 12-08-21, 06:15 AM
1A1
Instructor

Received 303 Likes on 209 Posts

I have 2 of the Anti-Gravity batteries as well. 1 in the Supra and 1 in the GS-F. The Supra has the 5lb ATX 30 and the GS-F has the 8lb ATX 30 HD. I've had both for over a year with no issues. Both start the cars incredibly fast compared to the lead acid batteries or even the Odyssey I had in the Supra.

Special maintenance - not really needed unless the car sits for weeks. I'd get the lithium battery tender they recommend. I use it on the Supra. For the GS-F, which also isn't driven much, I've never had an issue and have never had it hooked up to the charger. It sat for over a month in the summer when we were out of town and no issue. I'm not sure how well these lithium batteries would work in colder climates where your car sits outside. You may want to get the more heavy duty version like Lobux has as the lithium batteries are more sensitive to the colder temperatures.

You also can't use a regular battery jumper if you need to jump start the car. You have to use one designed specifically for lithium.

Other than that, it's hard to beat that much weight reduction for the cost.

Steve
Old 12-08-21, 08:48 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 691 Likes on 608 Posts

For anyone interested in these batteries, we're a dealer.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-10-22, 06:15 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
I took advantage of the Black Friday sale 15% off sale at Antigravity Batteries and got the AG-24-30-RS with Left side positive terminal. I have this same battery in my IS F. If you call AG, they will tell you to get more than 30 Ah, but my experience with these batteries tells me the 30 Ah unit (also the cheapest) is more than adequate. Start up is dramatically different. The engine turns over WAY faster, and starts are almost instantaneous. The best part is, the battery is super light compared to the OEM or any other lead acid battery. It weighs slightly over 13 pounds vs. 44 pounds for a lead/acid battery. I am anticipating never buying another battery for this car as the service life is expected to be about 10 years. With the discount, I paid $667.81 including shipping from CA to GA. Best of all, I'll never see corroded terminals with this battery. It can't leak hydrogen like so many of the lead/acid batteries I've had that add new terminals/wiring to the TCO.

Installed in the GS F - ignore the dirt. This is the wife's car and doesn't get much special treatment:

An here's the battery that came out of the IS F - same Group 24 as the GS F.

There's a big thread on this in the IS F forum as well - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ery-today.html
hey lobux, i'm confused why you said you got the left side positive terminal but the pic looks like its on teh right side?
Old 03-10-22, 09:45 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,355 Posts

^^^^Left Side:

The following users liked this post:
lobuxracer (03-11-22)
Old 03-12-22, 06:31 AM
scamsel
Advanced

Originally Posted by sickpuppy
^^^^Left Side:

ha, well i can see that, i mean in the install picture.

Old 03-14-22, 04:34 PM
scamsel
Advanced

hey lobux this is technically left side positive terminal correct? did you flip the top sticker around to be oriented where its readable?
Old 03-15-22, 01:55 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by scamsel

hey lobux this is technically left side positive terminal correct? did you flip the top sticker around to be oriented where its readable?
Yes to left side positive; I flipped the stickers around just 'cause.
Old 03-16-22, 03:47 AM
nigel821
Racer

Received 772 Likes on 481 Posts
Arrow

Pretty cool. I never really had looked at a lithium-ion battery for the car...especially at the price of where they are at. I am curious though could you do a video of start up? I keep reading from many people including yourself that start up (cranking car on) is significantly faster. Does anyone know why it's actually faster though?

It's such a PITA lifting up heavy batteries from the engine bay/trunks of vehicles. Our MB is in the trunk and that thing ways 65+lbs... it's so awkward getting it out. I think just the lb difference alone would be nice when/if you have to remove it from the car for something.

Thanks,
-Nigel
Old 03-16-22, 07:19 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Lead/acid battery:

Antigravity:

The following 3 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
JerryR13 (03-17-22), nigel821 (03-31-22), NinjaNap (03-24-22)
Old 03-23-22, 08:11 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
dramatic diff, turns over with the quickness.

Old 12-20-23, 02:10 PM
JoeYabuki
Driver

Received 42 Likes on 20 Posts

Digging up this old thread

I was just given an ATX - 30 for my SC300.

How is it in the supra? Any problems etc since install?

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Antigravity Battery