GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Question about GSF

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-22 | 08:45 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by baboya96
I’m in similar boat. Been looking for GSF for 4-5months. Anything with less than 50k miles, no more than 2-3 previous owners, no accident record is asking $57k-$60k. Most if not all of it is 2016 but sometimes do see 2017. No dealer is willing to negotiate on price. Including the one posted above, I’ve had 2-3 cars that i was very close on pulling a trigger but in the end, knowing that I’m paying 25-30% premium since pre-pandemic, i couldn’t do it. I specifically buy used cars for depreciation factor so not able to take advantage of that was difficult for me.

I believe the price will come down, just matter of when. GSF was not the most popular car and i know ppl on this forum will swear by it but this isn’t a collector car IMO. You can say V8 is gone but same setup can be had in RCF or LC. Believe me i want one but not at the premium dealers are asking for it. If you have the money to spend, go for it! Like someone said, you only live once so why wait!!

Good luck with your search.
True! In my heart it’s a true gem of a car but I don’t think it will retain value at this price for long. I can’t afford this car as it is so I am going to wait it out and not be impulsive. I’m sure in the next year or two things will change. I’m so mad at myself for not scooping one up when they were in 40s. To me that’s a steal for this car.
Old 03-19-22 | 06:35 PM
rwht
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DMPesso
True! In my heart it’s a true gem of a car but I don’t think it will retain value at this price for long. I can’t afford this car as it is so I am going to wait it out and not be impulsive. I’m sure in the next year or two things will change. I’m so mad at myself for not scooping one up when they were in 40s. To me that’s a steal for this car.
If your'e not in the rush for a car, then definitely wait it out until a good deal comes along. Best thing you can do is to stay ready and have patience.
Old 03-19-22 | 06:59 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rwht
If your'e not in the rush for a car, then definitely wait it out until a good deal comes along. Best thing you can do is to stay ready and have patience.
Yea exactly I’m going to wait it out. Makes no sense to overpay unless I didn’t have a V8 already ;-)
Old 03-19-22 | 07:23 PM
TrevorR
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Moos0004
here is a low mileage 2017 Blue GSF for $60K. My friend traded it in the other day. its mint condition. Never saw any winter.
https://www.lexusofwayzata.com/used-...s&model=GS%20F.

Interesting history on that one. It was first purchased in 2021 despite it being a 2017. Lexus performance car?
Old 03-19-22 | 07:32 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TrevorR
Interesting history on that one. It was first purchased in 2021 despite it being a 2017. Lexus performance car?
never noticed the history. Good catch. Surprised they had a new one still.
Old 03-20-22 | 08:03 PM
TNTchris
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by baboya96
I’m in similar boat. Been looking for GSF for 4-5months. Anything with less than 50k miles, no more than 2-3 previous owners, no accident record is asking $57k-$60k. Most if not all of it is 2016 but sometimes do see 2017. No dealer is willing to negotiate on price. Including the one posted above, I’ve had 2-3 cars that i was very close on pulling a trigger but in the end, knowing that I’m paying 25-30% premium since pre-pandemic, i couldn’t do it. I specifically buy used cars for depreciation factor so not able to take advantage of that was difficult for me.

I believe the price will come down, just matter of when. GSF was not the most popular car and i know ppl on this forum will swear by it but this isn’t a collector car IMO. You can say V8 is gone but same setup can be had in RCF or LC. Believe me i want one but not at the premium dealers are asking for it. If you have the money to spend, go for it! Like someone said, you only live once so why wait!!

Good luck with your search.
i just purchased 2016 GS F in Indianapolis Indiana in Jan. with 24,000 miles for $60,000…..they are not getting any cheaper…
Old 03-20-22 | 08:12 PM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TNTchris
i just purchased 2016 GS F in Indianapolis Indiana in Jan. with 24,000 miles for $60,000…..they are not getting any cheaper…
They will, just a matter of time. Price of all used cars are inflated especially a Toyota product. Either way paying 60k for low miles is a good buy no matter what the price was two years ago.
The following users liked this post:
TNTchris (03-21-22)
Old 03-21-22 | 08:17 AM
Moos0004
Driver

I know this GSF very well. This car was a Lexus Corporation (not dealer) owned until 2021 and was for VIP use. There was some concerned when the warranty would start since the first sale is 2021 so we reached out to lexus and they provide some history and warranty started 2017. I had it up on the rack last summer and it was like new, even inside the muffler looked brand new. This car was a originally listed for sale in Arizona for $48K and my brother transferred the car up to MN from their sister dealership in Arizona for me at the dealership he worked at but i literally ink the deal on another GSF so my cousin bought if from him last summer, but sadly he traded it in for a 2022 LC500 for this wife. He traded for more than what it is being sold for, so the dealer must have made good on the LC500. Nice car whomever got it. One interesting note. my GSF with 66K miles pulls harder than this GSF but i think it has to do with this car only having 12K miles at the time and the engine this being 'tight'.
The following 2 users liked this post by Moos0004:
abapper (04-04-22), NotFSport (03-21-22)
Old 03-21-22 | 09:20 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

I know this GSF very well. This car was a Lexus Corporation (not dealer) owned until 2021 and was for VIP use. There was some concerned when the warranty would start since the first sale is 2021 so we reached out to lexus and they provide some history and warranty started 2017. I had it up on the rack last summer and it was like new, even inside the muffler looked brand new. This car was a originally listed for sale in Arizona for $48K and my brother transferred the car up to MN from their sister dealership in Arizona for me at the dealership he worked at but i literally ink the deal on another GSF so my cousin bought if from him last summer, but sadly he traded it in for a 2022 LC500 for this wife. He traded for more than what it is being sold for, so the dealer must have made good on the LC500. Nice car whomever got it. One interesting note. my GSF with 66K miles pulls harder than this GSF but i think it has to do with this car only having 12K miles at the time and the engine this being 'tight'.
That blue GSF was 48k? Now you see that’s a price I want to pay. Not these 10k inflated prices
Old 03-21-22 | 09:31 AM
Moos0004
Driver

Yep, the blue was for 48K, but my cousin ended up paying a little more as they tack on shipping cost and transfer charge...etc. These prices are starting and will come down as ppl move to other cars and with higher gas prices, inflation, higher interest rates and more new cars are starting to come back on the market. Also dont be afraid of higher mileage these cars are very reliable and also if the car was in an accident, especially if it was repaired by a legit place. I hit the rear wheel on a curb last summer, the shop i went to is also owned by the lexus dealership that was next door. Lexus literally replaced every thing on that rear suspension even though the only two items were visually bent. Long story dont be afraid of accident cars if there is documentation and done properly.
Old 03-21-22 | 09:42 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Yep, the blue was for 48K, but my cousin ended up paying a little more as they tack on shipping cost and transfer charge...etc. These prices are starting and will come down as ppl move to other cars and with higher gas prices, inflation, higher interest rates and more new cars are starting to come back on the market. Also dont be afraid of higher mileage these cars are very reliable and also if the car was in an accident, especially if it was repaired by a legit place. I hit the rear wheel on a curb last summer, the shop i went to is also owned by the lexus dealership that was next door. Lexus literally replaced every thing on that rear suspension even though the only two items were visually bent. Long story dont be afraid of accident cars if there is documentation and done properly.
oh yea I know. I’ve gotten some good deals in the past with a car that had an accident on Carfax yet the damage was so minor but nobody wanted to buy it because of that. I’ve also seen many cars with obvious body work or paint and never mentioned on Carfax.

I know prices will come down, the prices are insane right now. I wouldn’t even mind a higher mileage one if it’s priced right. Just right now even ones with 100k people are asking close to 50k, they’re crazy.

what year did he pay 48k?
Old 03-21-22 | 09:57 AM
TrevorR
Intermediate

That blue GSF was 48k? Now you see that’s a price I want to pay. Not these 10k inflated prices

That was at the start of 2021 when there were still quite a bit of new 2020 GSFs still on dealer lots. I bought my 2020 new in November of 2020 for a discounted price of $75k.

I think the price today is a reflection of there being no new GSFs for sale combined with current market condition but I agree, there are some GSFs that are way overpriced.

Old 03-21-22 | 10:30 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TrevorR
That was at the start of 2021 when there were still quite a bit of new 2020 GSFs still on dealer lots. I bought my 2020 new in November of 2020 for a discounted price of $75k.

I think the price today is a reflection of there being no new GSFs for sale combined with current market condition but I agree, there are some GSFs that are way overpriced.
if only I was looking for one back then. I think the biggest factor of the prices are inflation. Anything worth any value has gone up in price.
Old 03-21-22 | 10:56 AM
NinjaNap
Pit Crew

Sounded like you wanted low $40s not $48k. I have not yet seen or heard of a GSF selling for low $40s (<$43k). The cars I have seen in the mid $40s have over a 100k miles. It will get there eventually, but I wouldn't want to touch a GSF selling for $40k. haha

Also, just a heads up, MANY of the 2016s were thrashed by the original owners (paint/clear coat, seats, door panels) - mine included. I bought my 2016 for $49k in 2018. Only 13k miles. I'm the second owner. The clear coat was totally jacked from bird **** and rock chips. Interior had several deep gouges in the door panels. Just random scratches on plastic bits. The original owner did not deserve the car. But mine was better than most.

I remember a few years back when the prices were lower, many people on the forums were talking about passing on GSFs simply because of the amount of damage the cars had on the inside given the low miles.

Old 03-21-22 | 11:18 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NinjaNap
Sounded like you wanted low $40s not $48k. I have not yet seen or heard of a GSF selling for low $40s (<$43k). The cars I have seen in the mid $40s have over a 100k miles. It will get there eventually, but I wouldn't want to touch a GSF selling for $40k. haha

Also, just a heads up, MANY of the 2016s were thrashed by the original owners (paint/clear coat, seats, door panels) - mine included. I bought my 2016 for $49k in 2018. Only 13k miles. I'm the second owner. The clear coat was totally jacked from bird **** and rock chips. Interior had several deep gouges in the door panels. Just random scratches on plastic bits. The original owner did not deserve the car. But mine was better than most.

I remember a few years back when the prices were lower, many people on the forums were talking about passing on GSFs simply because of the amount of damage the cars had on the inside given the low miles.
I wasn’t only looking for low 40s. I think a fair price is high 40s -50 max for something with under 40k miles. I refuse to pay 60k knowing that’s what most paid brand new. If I didn’t already have a car and I was desperate, my impulsive side would get the best of me and I would’ve got one now anyway. I want to see how the market will play out over the next few years. Congrats to anyone who got one before all this nonsense and is loving life with a car that’s worth more then they paid haha

Quick Reply: Question about GSF