GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Question about GSF

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-22 | 06:47 PM
baboya96
Intermediate

What was appealing about this vehicle was that it’s certified which is hard to find at any price range. Dealer wouldn’t budge below their listing price. Personally would have preferred gray interior over black but car looked to be in great shape (at least from photos since I’m online shopping). Truth be told, i wanted it and was very close to pulling a trigger even at their list price. I’ve had good luck with certified vehicles in the past it stood out more than others. I had a car interested in trade in but dealer low-balled me which sealed the deal for me. I wasn’t about to overpay for a vehicle due to supply/demand and get taken on trade-in. GSF is not an easy car to find but i know it’s out there. Just matter of time before i find mine. At least i tell myself that!
Old 03-21-22 | 07:54 PM
jevononeal
10th Gear

Originally Posted by NinjaNap
Sounded like you wanted low $40s not $48k. I have not yet seen or heard of a GSF selling for low $40s (<$43k). The cars I have seen in the mid $40s have over a 100k miles. It will get there eventually, but I wouldn't want to touch a GSF selling for $40k. haha

Also, just a heads up, MANY of the 2016s were thrashed by the original owners (paint/clear coat, seats, door panels) - mine included. I bought my 2016 for $49k in 2018. Only 13k miles. I'm the second owner. The clear coat was totally jacked from bird **** and rock chips. Interior had several deep gouges in the door panels. Just random scratches on plastic bits. The original owner did not deserve the car. But mine was better than most.

I remember a few years back when the prices were lower, many people on the forums were talking about passing on GSFs simply because of the amount of damage the cars had on the inside given the low miles.

What's so wrong about getting a Lexus with over 100k miles? Is this a car that's going to smack you with a Ton of repairs? It seems to me like with a little TLC and maybe some respray, one could have one hell of a deal on a GSF if it was high mileage?
The following users liked this post:
Moos0004 (03-25-22)
Old 03-21-22 | 08:38 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by jevononeal
What's so wrong about getting a Lexus with over 100k miles? Is this a car that's going to smack you with a Ton of repairs? It seems to me like with a little TLC and maybe some respray, one could have one hell of a deal on a GSF if it was high mileage?
There's only one reason to be concerned about a higher mileage unit. Valley plate leak. Lexus still haven't fixed this on the 2UR blocks. It should have an o-ring seal, but they use a special RTV that is known to fail frequently. I already fixed my IS F, and will be ready to do the GS F if/when it fails. Dealers typically want $1500 to fix this issue.
Old 03-22-22 | 02:08 AM
jevononeal
10th Gear

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
There's only one reason to be concerned about a higher mileage unit. Valley plate leak. Lexus still haven't fixed this on the 2UR blocks. It should have an o-ring seal, but they use a special RTV that is known to fail frequently. I already fixed my IS F, and will be ready to do the GS F if/when it fails. Dealers typically want $1500 to fix this issue.
A quick google shows this issue not to be an engine killing problem. So is it simply an issue where you need to be prepared to pay 1000-1500? Thats actually not terrible. I am coming from a Panamera... and... 1500 is Nothing to pay. That car hurt my soul.
Old 03-22-22 | 04:19 AM
NinjaNap
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jevononeal
The 2URGSE is a high revving engine with a 7100 redline. That’s not the average Lexus. Longevity with high revving engines is always something to think about with high mileage cars - especially with the 5k OCIs these cars have.
Old 03-22-22 | 07:41 AM
avion
Driver

There's a lot of documented high mileage IS F's (and some RC and GS F's) with no issues other than the valley plate leak and normal maintenance/wear and tear items.
Old 03-22-22 | 10:47 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

I know a guy locally close to 250k on his ISF; when I had an isf 4 some years 0 issues. My Friend who is a member here as we picked up his 3th GSF has more than 100k on his car and his car drives and looks like a brand new car. Unless the owner is taking this to track weekly and abusing it every time he/she drives these cars are pretty dependable. if you can get a clean car with good history go for it;

Last edited by UZ214; 03-22-22 at 01:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NinjaNap (03-22-22)
Old 03-22-22 | 11:24 AM
DMPesso
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UZ214
I know a guys locally close to 250k on his ISF; when I had an isf 4 some years 0 issues. My Friend who is a member here as we picked up his 3th GSF has more than 100k on his car and his car drives and looks like a brand new car. Unless the owner is taking this to track weekly and abusing it every time he/she drives these cars are pretty dependable. if you can get a clean car with good history go for it;
damn 3rd GSF. There’s only so many to begin with. The more people who get one and crash it makes it even more rare! I’m curious how the price is going to be in a few years time
Old 03-22-22 | 01:36 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Came from ISF to RCF then picked he got a new GSF when they come out, sold it because he wanted to get a ls500; got another GSF but since after covid hit had to move states sold again but couldnt pass a full toms kit/and nicely modded blue GSF when it came up. This was right before the prices blew up .The car looks and sounds incredible.

Link to the video of his car

Originally Posted by DMPesso
damn 3rd GSF. There’s only so many to begin with. The more people who get one and crash it makes it even more rare! I’m curious how the price is going to be in a few years time

Last edited by UZ214; 03-22-22 at 02:13 PM.