GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

New to the Forum - 2020 Ultra White

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-22, 07:07 PM
tunnelv41
5th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New to the Forum - 2020 Ultra White

Hi All, after going through too many cars, I finally found one that suits me right now. I recently purchased a 2020 Ultra White GSF with 8K mikes. For the most part she was mint with only a few very minor knicks. It came L/C as well which was nice in the 2020. It is all stock for the moment. It will be my daily eventually.

This all started in 2021 when I needed a car coming from a compnay car. So I started with a ‘19 GS350 based on recommendation from a friend. I really liked it but the dealer screwed me (story for another time) so I returned it 1 day later. I then purchased a LS ‘18 LS500 F Sport with 25K mikes which was a nice car but I really wanted something with a smoother ride - I wanted to get away from the active air suspension. So I sold it and went back a couple years and found a rare LS ‘16 with black wood trim and light interior with 27K miles which had standard shocks and struts. I am rocking this as my daily right now. It is a beast of a car. She has 3/4 XPel ppf on her. I recently sold my sports car and had been looking for a GSF for a couple months. I really wanted a grey ‘20 that I found in absolutely mint condition, but it was just too far away and a little more than I wanted to pay and they would not budge on price. It ended up selling at ~$88k I believe.

Then found this low mileage 2020 Ultra White and jumped on it. It was very difficult to find one from a Lexus dealer which was one of my criteria. After having spent time in this now for a month or so, I’d feel much more comfortable buying third party/not a Lexus dealer for those still looking. Just need a good PPI. I was buying pretty much sight unseen, except for crappy dealer/salesman cell phone pics. I placed a deposit before it was even ready to sell. All the dealer did was spray a ton of chemical cleaners inside and use an entire bucket of tire shine to get it ready. I drove it 15 miles down the road and had it professionally detailed and XPel the front end. Then drove 7 hours home. A great drive home!

The build quality on these cars is phenomenal. I wake up every morning looking forward to driving her. I XPel the front and am waiting to do the doors before I drive her regularly. I miss the soft close doors, moving headlights and automatic trunk. The seats are sooo comfortable. And of course the power is awesome! I’m telling you guys things you already know.

I’ve purchased new carpet floor mats (came with all weather), Lexus Racing license plate and weather tech windshield shade so far. My future upgrades will be the Tom’s front lip and side skirts, Endless brake pads.

Other forums put their previous cars in their signature - have not figured out how to to that yet. Here where are for reference.
98 Type R
01 AP1 S2000
94 TT Surpa
01 996 911 TT
21 Evora GT
20 GSF

I sure wish I had kept some of those.

Last edited by tunnelv41; 06-26-22 at 07:31 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by tunnelv41:
1wacko (07-04-22), designo (06-27-22), NotFSport (06-27-22)
Old 06-26-22, 11:51 PM
dreamG
Pit Crew

Received 124 Likes on 43 Posts

What’s your experience like with the Evora GT? Is it worth buying or owning? It looks very exotic but just don’t know how reliable or problematic it could be.
Old 06-27-22, 12:24 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,010 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Congrats! You'll be able to configure a signature soon. Just keep posting for a while.

I don't personally have any former rides in my list. It would be ridiculously long.
Old 06-27-22, 01:23 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

Congrats, she's a beauty
Old 06-27-22, 03:13 PM
nomoreeuro
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Previous car was also a 996 TT. Loved the car, but it just wasn't a very pristine car being that it came from Chicago. Cost me a fortune to get it in good running order and keep it that way..

Things I loved about the 996 TT:
-Steering feel was amazing, much more communicative and well weighted
-Feeling the surge of power from the turbo when revving out the engine
-Great handling

Things that scared me:
-Eminent failure of glued coolant pipes - Engine out job to weld or pin the coolant lines
-Leak from the tiptronic transmission - Engine and transmission out job to rebuild the transmission
-All the bolts underneath the car that designated from rust
-Out of round wheels probably due to pot holes from previous owners
-8 previous owners

Was my first sight unseen car purchased. Learned a lot of lessons from that which carried through when I bought my GS F earlier this year.

I do miss the 996 TT sometimes but always come back to my senses when remember how much it's cost to keep it healthy.

-

Old 06-29-22, 07:50 PM
tunnelv41
5th Gear

Originally Posted by dreamG
What’s your experience like with the Evora GT? Is it worth buying or owning? It looks very exotic but just don’t know how reliable or problematic it could be.
The Evora GT is probably one of the best drivers cars on the market without all the helper driving modes. People buy the Evora GT for the experience it gives them. It is not the fastest but it is exhilarating. Smoking Tire does a nice summary on YT about it. I will have another one at some point. The sounds they make is intoxicating. Similar to the GSF in the feelings it creates, but also a very different sound. What I will regret is not being able to find one new anymore - I had a rare spec.
The following users liked this post:
dreamG (06-29-22)
Old 06-29-22, 08:01 PM
tunnelv41
5th Gear

Originally Posted by nomoreeuro
Previous car was also a 996 TT. Loved the car, but it just wasn't a very pristine car being that it came from Chicago. Cost me a fortune to get it in good running order and keep it that way..

Things I loved about the 996 TT:
-Steering feel was amazing, much more communicative and well weighted
-Feeling the surge of power from the turbo when revving out the engine
-Great handling

Things that scared me:
-Eminent failure of glued coolant pipes - Engine out job to weld or pin the coolant lines
-Leak from the tiptronic transmission - Engine and transmission out job to rebuild the transmission
-All the bolts underneath the car that designated from rust
-Out of round wheels probably due to pot holes from previous owners
-8 previous owners

Was my first sight unseen car purchased. Learned a lot of lessons from that which carried through when I bought my GS F earlier this year.

I do miss the 996 TT sometimes but always come back to my senses when remember how much it's cost to keep it healthy.

-
That was one of my biggest concerns for the 911TT was that the motor would blow at some point. It was probably more of a worry than an actual concern since the mezger designed motors were know to be bulletproof, similar to Lexus V8s, but you just never knew. Mine in particular had a tune on it so that even compounded my worry.

The next issue with the 911TT is that it was just too fast. It was nothing to break the speed limit within seconds and without trying. Useful when passing etc but made it difficult to have fun unless it was a off ramp.

Overall 911 maintenance was on par with Lexus for normal items. I replaced two front differential seals and and two drive shaft boots on the AWD system and it was ~$1100 for a 4-5 hour job. It was more of the motor components that were outrageous. But I have not looked at how much the titanium intake valves are on the GSF either.

I will most likely be putting the 5 yr unlimited my platinum Lexus warranty on this one.
Old 06-30-22, 09:20 PM
DJFrakis
Pit Crew

Received 76 Likes on 43 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the 2020 Club 🤣
Old 07-01-22, 08:59 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Congrats and welcome and I too have felt the painful joys of German maintenance expenses (and experiences) for both Porche and BMW's.

Do not miss it...