GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Lexus certified body shop?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-22, 06:41 PM
BKGSF
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lexus certified body shop?

My GS F got into a minor accident (rear fender was scraped by another car) and will need a body work. I looked around and the Lexus certified collision center has a long wait time. Would you still recommend going through them or do you think a good local body shop is enough for a minor repair?
Old 07-17-22, 07:14 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by BKGSF
My GS F got into a minor accident (rear fender was scraped by another car) and will need a body work. I looked around and the Lexus certified collision center has a long wait time. Would you still recommend going through them or do you think a good local body shop is enough for a minor repair?
I've never, stress "Never" heard of a Lexus certified body shop. Find out who does Porsche and Audi A8 & R8/10 repairs, and bring your GSF there. They know how to work metal, aluminum, and blend paint.

Randy B
Old 07-17-22, 08:21 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,311 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Don't disagree with your advice except

Originally Posted by Randy B
I've never, stress "Never" heard of a Lexus certified body shop.
https://www.lexuscollisioncenter.com/
Old 07-18-22, 03:53 AM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Don't disagree with your advice except

https://www.lexuscollisioncenter.com/
And this why even as you get old, you can learn!

Thanks.
Randy B
The following users liked this post:
DaveGS4 (07-18-22)
Old 07-18-22, 08:00 AM
TrevorR
Intermediate

Received 129 Likes on 91 Posts

I wouldn't put much value on Lexus Certified. There was one about 2 hours away and took my USB GSF there because I thought they would be able to match better than any other shop. But it ended up being such a difference.

USB is a quad stage paint, but Lexus tells their certified center to do the standard 3 coat process. Take it to a high quality mom and pop paint shop. These Lexus certified centers are just giant collision centers where their main goal is to move as many cars through repairs as possible.

Old 07-18-22, 03:22 PM
Ginsterkev
6th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BKGSF
no such thing as certified Lexus body shop to my knowledge I have a usb GsF and it is very hard to match the paint as I am a painter and have been for 20 plus years I have sprayed the spies hecker paint wich is better then the ppg I spray now but it is a 3 stage process primers and sealers do not count just the base coat and tinted mid coat and the final clear is the 3 stage or the tri coat process either way no matter the color you have you def want it blended and all the nibs taken out and buffed look for paint lines in the jam and excessive peel, look for a shop that does do higher end stuff for that piece of mind ! Hope that helps a little
Old 07-19-22, 12:45 PM
BKGSF
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for the suggestion. There is in fact Lexus certified collision center but I ended up taking it to a smaller shop with good reputation. I felt that they would pay closer attention to each car and have dealt with many luxury cars including Lexus.