GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Seat Covers/ Touch-up paint

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-22, 07:10 PM
pmarr
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Question Seat Covers/ Touch-up paint

So I swore that the next Lexus I had would have seat covers to protect the leather and here I bought a car with the most unique seats imaginable; are there aftermarket covers for these?
Also, front nose has a few blemishes and wondering if there is a recommended vendor for touch-up paint or if this is even a good idea (?). Car has no clear bra and I am looking into that as well so if anyone has input there, it's greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-04-22, 09:11 PM
VenomF
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pmarr
So I swore that the next Lexus I had would have seat covers to protect the leather and here I bought a car with the most unique seats imaginable; are there aftermarket covers for these?
Also, front nose has a few blemishes and wondering if there is a recommended vendor for touch-up paint or if this is even a good idea (?). Car has no clear bra and I am looking into that as well so if anyone has input there, it's greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Congrats on the new car!
I can't recommend aftermarket covers but these seats are too beautiful to hide and, in my experience, covers slid around, creased up, didn't fit well or didn't last long.
I would recommend protecting them by using
Colourlock products Colourlock products
or ceramic coating with
Gyeon Leather Shield Gyeon Leather Shield
/
Carpro Cquartz Leather 2.0 Carpro Cquartz Leather 2.0
after a good clean.
Some people might not like ceramic coating, so here's another protectant I'm using now - Gtechniq Leather Guard
For touch up paint, see Dr. Colorchip or Chipex (known for 100% color match guarantee).
After touching up the bumper and letting the paint cure, I would definitely get a clear bra.
Ever since I touched up my bumper, I've been leaving a 3 second interval with the cars in front of me but I still get chips from rocks and random trash, unfortunately.
The following 2 users liked this post by VenomF:
1wacko (08-08-22), pmarr (08-05-22)
Old 08-07-22, 12:01 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

i agree with venom. instead why not invest in a little leather cleaner/conditioner and just buff that in regularly, that way you can still enjoy them. its a bit like putting a case on a phone, you get the protection but lose the feel and beauty of the item to be enjoyed.....i like to just be a little more careful with the seats but still enjoy them (i do have a seat cover i throw on when having service done though. and they are cool seats imo

Last edited by scamsel; 08-07-22 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-08-22, 12:12 PM
ScatmanATL
Pit Crew

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Great info from Venom here. I've bookmarked a couple of those ceramic / protectants. I've been using this product regularly from Chemical Guys and love it FWIW: https://www.chemicalguys.com/leather...20leather-care
Old 08-11-22, 01:10 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 468 Likes on 290 Posts

I have a friend who bought a 2016 and has since covered his seats, dash, steering wheel and every trim you can think of.
Never understood why... he's not enjoying what the car has to offer in terms of comfort and luxury.

All he's really doing is keeping the car mint for the next owner.

I swear, sitting in his car is very uncomfortable.
The following users liked this post:
1wacko (08-11-22)