GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

New GS F Owner - 10th Anniversary

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-23, 07:23 AM
baboya96
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

Wireless charger needed to be replaced. Cheap Chinese brand finally gave out. Actually had it for more than i thought it would last so can’t be upset about it.
Purchased Otterbox brand. Comes with charger, cable and cigarette lighter. Works really well and lets you ‘rotate’ your phone (i tend to use it sideways when WAZE app is on). Kind of pricey ($50) but find it to be solid made quality which you expect from Otterbox. Highly recommended!

Old 02-12-23, 07:31 AM
baboya96
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

So last 7 days has been a complete hell for me and my car. Hit a pothole on interstate early morning, thankfully rims (passenger side) held air and drove fine but left sizeable bubbles on the sidewall plus scratches to both rims. Was sick to my stomach that I could almost throw up. Tires were measured at 4/32” at last service so i knew i only had 2k-3k tread left (if that) but still sucked regardless. Took it to a local dealership hoping new set of tires and alignment is all i’d need but of course got a call back that rims have slight bent and likely need to be replaced. You would never expect how much these rims cost!!!! Thankfully they have a company to repair rims and suggested that i try them first which ended up working out. They fixed back to original spec and now everything is good.

Went with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and love them! Repair service ended up getting scratches out too which was a huge plus. Can’t even tell anymore.

Hopefully this is the only damage i’ll incur with this car under my ownership. What a nightmare but glad it’s done.

The following users liked this post:
1A1 (02-12-23)
Old 02-12-23, 08:10 AM
1A1
Instructor

Received 303 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by baboya96
So last 7 days has been a complete hell for me and my car. Hit a pothole on interstate early morning, thankfully rims (passenger side) held air and drove fine but left sizeable bubbles on the sidewall plus scratches to both rims. Was sick to my stomach that I could almost throw up. Tires were measured at 4/32” at last service so i knew i only had 2k-3k tread left (if that) but still sucked regardless. Took it to a local dealership hoping new set of tires and alignment is all i’d need but of course got a call back that rims have slight bent and likely need to be replaced. You would never expect how much these rims cost!!!! Thankfully they have a company to repair rims and suggested that i try them first which ended up working out. They fixed back to original spec and now everything is good.

Went with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and love them! Repair service ended up getting scratches out too which was a huge plus. Can’t even tell anymore.

Hopefully this is the only damage i’ll incur with this car under my ownership. What a nightmare but glad it’s done.

Sucks!!! Those PS4S are awesome tires. I’m running them as well. Way better than the Super Sports!

Steve