GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Beatsonic Install Troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-22, 05:00 PM
blueNblack
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Question Beatsonic Install Troubleshooting

So I have been stepping through the beatsonic install tutorial. I had wired everything up and turned on the car... but apple carplay does not launch when I long press the Map button. Anyone know how I can troubleshoot this?
The "Loading screen" showed up when I first powered on, so I know the video is working. The phone does detect Carplay and the audio does go through the car's speakers (I turned bluetooth off) so I know the aux port is plugged in properly. The only 3 connectors I am unsure of are these:

This wire was not mentioned in the tutorial. I have no idea what it connects to, but "Switch & OSD Control" sounds important.

These to connectors come from the same loom. They do fit with each other but since they are not the same color and not labeled, I left them unconnected.

There were also 2 pairs of wires from the back of the main radio that were labeled "GS CAN" and "RX CAN". I left the RX one unattached, but to my knowledge it made no difference.

Anyone who has done this installation before have any wisdom to share?
Old 08-28-22, 11:15 PM
blueNblack
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Guys I figured it out. I didn't have the CAN cables hooked up right. If you look at the pictures (and use a little thinking) you can see which CAN cable goes from the factory radio to the video module. I was matching up the colors of the wires before and it DOESN'T match up. Also, I did not have my dip pins set up for my video module... just had to switch the first pin to ON.

It's all covered in their written instructions here which I guess I should have read carefully. They even have the troubleshooting section which explains my issue. I just wish the written instructions came printed with the box!

Now my biggest challenge is finding a mounting location and putting everything back. It seems like it has to go behind the glovebox stuffed in there somewhere.
The following users liked this post:
JerryR13 (08-29-22)