GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Alibaba CF GSF Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-22, 12:22 PM
ScatmanATL
Pit Crew

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Alibaba CF GSF Kit

Curious if anyone has experience with this kit: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...102060822.html

No way I am paying full price for a TOMS CF kit as this seems to be identical. I have heard of success of a GSF CF hood from Alibaba, but wanted to see if anyone has purchased this kit specifically. I'm starting the process of painting my bumper, PPF and paint correction and wanted to add this while I was at it.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-07-22, 03:12 PM
D1GP
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

You should get it and tell us how it fits. You can also find Tom's font online, print it out on a piece of paper and get a double sided tape and tape it to the front and PPF over it.
The following users liked this post:
ScatmanATL (09-08-22)
Old 09-07-22, 07:11 PM
1A1
Instructor

Received 304 Likes on 209 Posts

Lol, don’t buy cheap Chinese knock offs. They are copies of the originals. Toms developed their kit in a wind tunnel. Not to mention the Chinese knockoffs usually fit like trash. The GSF isn’t a cheapo Hyundai or Kia. Spend the money and get a proper fitting kit.

Steve
WaterFish (09-09-22)
Old 09-08-22, 04:58 AM
504GSF
Intermediate

Received 235 Likes on 112 Posts

The pictures they use are 90-100% always of cars running the actual kit and not the one for sale. So just be careful with that and adjust your expectations accordingly. If you want a budget kit, NIA does offer a pretty decent looking GS F kit.
The following 2 users liked this post by 504GSF:
ScatmanATL (09-08-22), zunkdoonk (06-13-23)
Old 09-08-22, 07:28 AM
JerryR13
Pit Crew

Received 125 Likes on 53 Posts

Thr CF hood that I and many others run is from the same vendor. Good quality and perfect fitment on that hood. I'd bet this kit is of the same quality.
ScatmanATL (09-08-22)
Old 09-08-22, 08:21 AM
ScatmanATL
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by JerryR13
Thr CF hood that I and many others run is from the same vendor. Good quality and perfect fitment on that hood. I'd bet this kit is of the same quality.
I thought I remembered a member getting the CF hood and I looked it up to be this vendor. I'm not 100% sure I'm going to pull the trigger because there's a 99% chance that I cannot return it, but I've ordered CF parts before from Taiwan and China with the quality being just fine and the weave looking great. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 09-08-22, 08:30 AM
ScatmanATL
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by 1A1
Lol, don’t buy cheap Chinese knock offs. They are copies of the originals. Toms developed their kit in a wind tunnel. Not to mention the Chinese knockoffs usually fit like trash. The GSF isn’t a cheapo Hyundai or Kia. Spend the money and get a proper fitting kit.

Steve
I completely agree that this isn't a Stinger or Genesis G80, but $5k for a Toms CF kit is wild to me, especially since you have a great chance of cracking the front lip which is $1k+ alone from Toms. If I'm not mistaken Bullets Garage had a $200 CF front lip on his ride which he gloated about.

This isn't "cheap" in my opinion at $2k all in including tax and shipping. I'm not completely sold on this and haven't pulled the trigger since I most likely will be stuck with the kit without the ability to return, but I've bought other CF parts from Taiwan/China with perfect fitment and the weave looks great.

Lots of great copies of originals out there: $100 Costco putter (Scotty Cameron knock off), regular 3M CF wrap versus Toms CF wrap pricing (which is 3M wrap), and the new Top Gun . At the end of the day it's a gamble...

abapper (09-26-22)
Old 09-09-22, 02:34 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by 1A1

Steve
$$$$$$$$$$
Old 09-12-22, 03:08 PM
HerraFrush
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

If you end up getting it. Please post. I’m in for one if fitment is ok. I used to deal in only authentic body kits and even those don’t fit 100%. Its a difference between priced respectively to the rest of the market and overpriced. Toms is definitely in the overpriced category in my book so is Novel.
designo (09-13-22)
Old 09-13-22, 12:22 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 470 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by HerraFrush
If you end up getting it. Please post. I’m in for one if fitment is ok. I used to deal in only authentic body kits and even those don’t fit 100%. Its a difference between priced respectively to the rest of the market and overpriced. Toms is definitely in the overpriced category in my book so is Novel.
The authentic ones are probably manufactured by the very same guys above. LOL
abapper (09-26-22)
Old 09-13-22, 05:51 AM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by ScatmanATL
I completely agree that this isn't a Stinger or Genesis G80, but $5k for a Toms CF kit is wild to me, especially since you have a great chance of cracking the front lip which is $1k+ alone from Toms. If I'm not mistaken Bullets Garage had a $200 CF front lip on his ride which he gloated about.

This isn't "cheap" in my opinion at $2k all in including tax and shipping. I'm not completely sold on this and haven't pulled the trigger since I most likely will be stuck with the kit without the ability to return, but I've bought other CF parts from Taiwan/China with perfect fitment and the weave looks great.

Lots of great copies of originals out there: $100 Costco putter (Scotty Cameron knock off), regular 3M CF wrap versus Toms CF wrap pricing (which is 3M wrap), and the new Top Gun . At the end of the day it's a gamble...
Here is his video talking about his lip exploding at 120+ mph. At 1:55 mark, he describes what happened to this high quality part. This is a perfect example of why you buy quality parts right from the start and not some junk of Ebay or Alibaba. Yes, its a lot of money but in the long run but likely wont run into issues like this. Also, also I you ever decide to get rid of the car, you will be able to get a good price for the part vs something off Ebay that would just have to go in the trash.

Old 09-13-22, 06:50 AM
JerryR13
Pit Crew

Received 125 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by ArticKnght
Here is his video talking about his lip exploding at 120+ mph. At 1:55 mark, he describes what happened to this high quality part. This is a perfect example of why you buy quality parts right from the start and not some junk of Ebay or Alibaba. Yes, its a lot of money but in the long run but likely wont run into issues like this. Also, also I you ever decide to get rid of the car, you will be able to get a good price for the part vs something off Ebay that would just have to go in the trash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag2yPn4Vxlc
First off.... love your ride! Well done 🙏

if you watched Rafi " bullets garage" epidode on that lip install you'll clearly see it had no business being put on our car. Absolutely did not fit and he forced the issue. In doing so i believe he unnecessarily stressed an already fragile as **** part. A generic ebay lip for a couple hundred bucks shouldn't be compared to the parts coming outta that shop on Alibaba. One is an exact copy of a trusted part, with what I think has a better clear coat finish, jmho. The other isn't even designed for our front end.
ScatmanATL (09-22-22)
Old 09-13-22, 02:51 PM
VenomF
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

My current lip is a Tom's rep from a seller who may have gotten it from one of the sellers on AliExpress. Issues include not having mounting holes and the side fins were angled inwards instead of out like the original Tom's. This one specifically may have been poorly made. I have contacted the seller listed above by OP, and they said their kits are 1:1, so it may depend who you buy from.

Original Tom's is more extended and includes mounting holes that match OEM bolt locations

Build quality is subjective, nice looking carbon though.
Old 09-14-22, 07:04 AM
ArticKnght
Advanced

Received 173 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by VenomF
My current lip is a Tom's rep from a seller who may have gotten it from one of the sellers on AliExpress. Issues include not having mounting holes and the side fins were angled inwards instead of out like the original Tom's. This one specifically may have been poorly made. I have contacted the seller listed above by OP, and they said their kits are 1:1, so it may depend who you buy from.

Original Tom's is more extended and includes mounting holes that match OEM bolt locations

Build quality is subjective, nice looking carbon though.
Here is a picture of a Toms racing carbon fiber front lip. The lip extends well under the car and provides a very stable base for the lip and mounting holes.

The following 4 users liked this post by ArticKnght:
504GSF (09-14-22), JerryR13 (09-14-22), ScatmanATL (09-22-22), VenomF (09-14-22)
Old 09-14-22, 10:38 PM
VenomF
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ArticKnght
Here is a picture of a Toms racing carbon fiber front lip. The lip extends well under the car and provides a very stable base for the lip and mounting holes.
If OP buys from the vendor listed, hopefully it comes out 1:1 like that^ lol. Otherwise, best bet is to buy the authentic one..

Quick Reply: Alibaba CF GSF Kit